• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Lotto

sorry just seeing this now.

PE sales happen at their studio space above Opening Ceremony on Howard St. --

Oct 2-4
12-6pm
35 Howard St. sixth floor

hope to swing by tomorrow and grab a sweater

yo if there's any pocket sweaters in xs hook me up please! i'd definitely pay a
reasonable
proxy fee

Quick

Banned
I decided to check Sephora for some cologne. Their selection was a bit overwhelming, but it was nice having an entire section to myself. Didn't get the chance to check out every sample available, though.

Of the few I looked at, one of the Burberry colognes and Dior Sauvage were scents I liked. However, I'm not sure if the Burberry cologne is nice or if it makes me smell like old person fragrance.

Do you guys have suggestions on colognes/fragrances?

I decided to check Sephora for some cologne. Their selection was a bit overwhelming, but it was nice having an entire section to myself. Didn't get the chance to check out every sample available, though.

Of the few I looked at, one of the Burberry colognes and Dior Sauvage were scents I liked. However, I'm not sure if the Burberry cologne is nice or if it makes me smell like old person fragrance.

I got this one from Versace:

versacce.jpg

It's good. Nice scent, not heavy, lasts a while

find notes you like and go from there. most of the stuff at sephora/department stores, while not bad, is pretty same-y and blended in a way to be readily approachable from top to bottom with nothing jutting out too much. IMO dior's offerings stand out a bit in that they have unusual notes (iris and/or myrrh mainly) for men's fragrance, and if your sephora has a good selection of hermes they are worth a look too.

some nicer department stores will have jo malone which edges toward a more 'niche' sensibility, where one or two notes are dominant with a background of other accords for support. wood sage and sea salt is a pretty classic masculine offering from them, but most of what they make is straight up feminine floral or spicy unisex stuff. dyptique is also worth a look if it's around. there are so many brands and bottles out there you can spend months digging.

giga

creed is my favorite and gets me the most compliments. it's expensive, but worth it, imo. they're heavily discounted on fragrance net. tom ford is good too.

Largo

sorry just seeing this now.

PE sales happen at their studio space above Opening Ceremony on Howard St. --

Oct 2-4
12-6pm
35 Howard St. sixth floor

hope to swing by tomorrow and grab a sweater

For the NYC crew, I don't know what it's like now, but I went to the PE sample sale for a few years in a row, and that shit sells lightspeed. This was 2 years ago, so your mileage may vary. Just saying, it was never worth the time if you're looking for any signature stuff.

Quick

Banned
I've been on the search for a new cologne for at least a couple of months now. I ran out of the two I had, which lasted me years (using either one depending on the mood), and I want something new and unique.

Sephora had a good selection, but I might check out The Bay or something for even more options.

CoolOff

CdG for the more quirky and interesting stuff, Frederic Malle for pure quality. L'Artisan Parfumeur has good stuff as well.

Kraftwerk

a bunch of the unoqlo lemaire stuff is back in stock...hopefully that cape pops up soon. I have put myself and made two friends save it and have it on a watchlist. Gonna cop one as soon as it notifies me. Been refreshing the page like a madman.....

goddamn you giga.

giga

a bunch of the unoqlo lemaire stuff is back in stock...hopefully that cape pops up soon. I have put myself and made two friends save it and have it on a watchlist. Gonna cop one as soon as it notifies me. Been refreshing the page like a madman.....

goddamn you giga.

don't hate the playa hate the game

Quick

Banned

goddamn you giga.

Kraft (or anyone else), does Uniqlo ship to Canada?

Quick

Banned
Gotta use one of those services that ships it to you form the states. They are coming to Canada in 2016.

Damn. I thought for a moment that they opened up shipping to Canada in anticipation of their 2016 arrival.

Then I realized that H&M doesn't allow online ordering in Canada. smh

Gaz_RB

So I'm starting to look for a new coat for the winter, and I'm in the market for something a bit longer than my current one. Not trenchcoaty, but pretty similar. Can anybody send me in a good direction to start looking?

So are long/oversized shirts still a thing?
Found one on sale/clearance and don't really know how to wear it (if I even should) other than with a biker jacket over it.
Any ideas?

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Meh, the Pier One trenchcoat was way too big and definitely not as fitted as the photos seemed to imply. Glad returns are free. Oh well, the search for a decent coat continues.

NinjaBoiX

Got my Loake 290s. These boots are sharp as fuck. Perfect fit.
Nice. Loake make quality shoes.
So are long/oversized shirts still a thing?
Found one on sale/clearance and don't really know how to wear it (if I even should) other than with a biker jacket over it.
Any ideas?
I think they look daft, don't see the appeal. But then again I'm short, so that could just be my Napoleonic Conflict.

So im thinking about buying a pair of Duck Boots, getting ready for this El Nino everyone talking about that supposedly coming to the Bay Area this winter ...any suggestion?

Nice. Loake make quality shoes.

I think they look daft, don't see the appeal. But then again I'm short, so that could just be my Napoleonic Conflict.

I'm tall and I'm still not a fan of loose fitting shirts in general. Not my thing. I like the body I have, feel it just looks unnatural.

Yeah they can kind of look dumb. Rare to see it pulled off really well. Though the shirt I have isn't really oversized. Its just long. And it's also not too long.
Eh, I guess I can always tuck it in if I don't like the look.

And those Loakes are on point.

overcast

Those clarks I got are a perfect fit and look great.

Thanks for the sizing advice Lucky. I've asked before but do any of you guys tuck your pants in to your boots?

Gaf, where do I get redwings but without the £250 price tag?

My last pair of boots died a death at Glastonbury and now I need boots and nothing compares to these
red-wing-shoes-linemen-beck-man-2.jpg

Top Bottom