• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

this is bugging the hell out of me, who made that shirt that has a hole for the nipple

l2MPOGr.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the sole, but the rest looks great. I have like 5 Timberland boots similar to that one and they are great: comfortable and well made.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Uniqlo has a store opening in Seattle (well, Bellevue. Gross.) next month. Still, it's another place I was excited about initially, but having gone to a couple of their Cali stores, I'm remembering that I don't really like much of their stuff.

jackrubyn

Anyone know of a sleek men's boot similar to the Stacy Adams Madison? I own a pair and love the look of them, but the quality feels cheap, like a lace hook is gonna pop off any second because the leather seems plasticky.

BumRush

Picked up a suit, shirt and tie from suitsupply today. Wow, their clothes fit extremely well and the quality is unbeatable for that price.

Fashion GAF!
I'm in town for a wedding and lost my suit.

Need a semi formal attire in like 5 hours. Where should I go that won't break the bank? I'm not even sure what semi dressy is like. Pls halp

Edit. Keep in mind I'm in Florida so it's hot.

BumRush

Fashion GAF!

Need a semi formal attire in like 5 hours. Where should I go that won't break the bank? I'm not even sure what semi dressy is like. Pls halp

Suit and tie. How much are you willing to spend?

http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/neil-b...tt-navy-saffiano-leather-backpack?origin=sale

http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/neil-b...t-black-saffiano-leather-backpack?origin=sale

http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/neil-b...y-green-saffiano-leather-backpack?origin=sale

http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/neil-b...t-brown-saffiano-leather-backpack?origin=sale

for anyone wanting a dope backpack

Fashion GAF!

jos a bank or mens wearhouse. nobody else will give you a faster turnaround, and jos a bank ain't too bad.

semi formal to me says business suit, nothing black or satin/grosgrain. conservative.
Feels a little hot and humid for that. Plus I don't need another suit.
semiformal means suit tho.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
If only I had the money zz

Nordstrom Racks were recently restocked with Marc Jacobs classic leather backpack, which has the same silhouette without Barrett's tacky accents, and a softer style of leather (saffiano feels harder and looks like plastic, imo). Rack price is about $150 lower; they've also good canvas versions for around $130.

Finally taking the plunge on the Camel Topcoat from BR, 50% off with the BRSAVE code

BR-Camel-coat.jpg

I just really love the color of a camel topcoat. You stand out from the crowd of Navy Blue/Charcoal/Black coats, without being too flashy. There's a versatility to it when they hit that perfect length mid-thigh; you can be casual with a polo and jeans, business casual with a v-neck sweater and loafers, or you can put right over a suit. And they don't have all those damn buttons and giant lapels you get in the peacoat.

Quick

Banned
Any recommendations on brands that sell plain white v-neck t-shirts (either in a pack or solo) that aren't quite see-through?

Quick

Banned
Uniqlo supima tees. The best for the money.

Damn. I should've mentioned that I'm in Canada and Uniqlo won't open here until 2016.

I have H&M basic v-necks and tees (mostly in darker colours), but I wouldn't mind more options. The closest I have that fit my criteria are the Kirkland crewneck shirts in a pack at Costco. I haven't seen a v-neck version though.

Top Bottom