• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Try wearing anything in 90 degree heat with 90 percent humidity like it was here yesterday. I think I get maybe 3 weeks out of the year to wear jackets, sweaters, etc.

Shun

STEVEMADDEN-BOOTS_TROOPAH_BROWN-LEATHER
STEVEMADDEN-BOOTS_TROOPAH_BLACK-LEATHER

Also anyone have some suggestions for some new places for raw and selvedge denim. Jeans and maybe denim jacket/vest.

I got a 1-2 pairs each of Naked and Famous Stacked Guys, some Big Johns, and Uniqlo at the moment.

Haven't touched Nudies in a while, craving some new denim brands.

Also anyone have some suggestions for some new places for raw and selvedge denim. Jeans and maybe denim jacket/vest.

I got a 1-2 pairs each of Naked and Famous Stacked Guys, some Big Johns, and Uniqlo at the moment.

Haven't touched Nudies in a while, craving some new denim brands.
Plenty of options at Blue Owl Workshop, or Blue In Green.

UNIONMADE has their archive sale, get while the gettin's good up to 90% off or something

http://archive.unionmadegoods.com/product-category/finalsale/?posts_per_page=96

unfortunately they don't really carry small sizes but someone should get this coat

might just pick up some socks idk
Was about to post this. I'm browsing through the pages right now.

Killer deal on Golden Bear Varsity Jackets. Normally $340 going for $100.

Any of you hypebeasts cop the Supreme x Jordan 5 today? I tried but struck out like everyone else.

You guys think coated denim or leather jeans/pants are the way to go? Either way I like black.
I'm assuming you mean wax coated? If so, that's definitely a much easier/cheaper way of getting the leather pants look. I'd imagine it's substantially more comfortable too.

Alucrid

Banned
Any of you hypebeasts cop the Supreme x Jordan 5 today? I tried but struck out like everyone else.

I'm assuming you mean wax coated? If so, that's definitely a much easier/cheaper way of getting the leather pants look. I'd imagine it's substantially more comfortable too.

i'm personally waiting for the supreme x cyborg jordan 28

TheExodu5

Banned
Finally found some nice casual shoes I like. What do you think?

213737_1.jpg

Also picked this jacket up. I've been wanting a nice slim leather jacket for a while now.

Danier_Hughes_Burnished_Effect_Leather_Moto.png

Anyone have Wolverine 1000 Miles? Just found out Browns shoes in Ottawa can order them in. I'm a bit hesitant to pay $400 for some boots, but if they're nice and they last, it wouldn't be the worst purchase. I bought some terribly made boots at Aldo for $120 and they barely lasted a season...hardly seems worth it to get cheap leather boots.

I can either look at those, or the Alden knockoffs at J.Crew for $325 (kind of seems steep for a knock-off though):
https://www.jcrew.com/ca/mens_categ...~C8867/C8867.jsp?color_name=burnished-tobacco

These as well:
https://www.jcrew.com/ca/mens_category/shoes/boots/PRDOVR~B0760/B0760.jsp

giga

Not big on the contrast stitching on those. Why not just get the clarks desert boots?

Also, can't go wrong with either the Wolverine 1k or Jcrew indy copy. The former is tried and true, so if you want that assurance, go with that. I'm partial to the indy (and own it) because I'm not fond of big toe boxes.

Cmagus

I decided to spend a little extra on a Armani jacket today, I found a good deal online luckily. Still looking on some shirts and stuff to kind of go along with it as well.

hvA6kBY.png

Nuckinya

Neo Member
Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster in this thread. Was hoping someone would be able to help me find some boots.

Looking for a nice pair of brown or black leather chukkas that can be easily dressed up or down. Preferably with classic type of sole (i.e. not vibram, wedge or crepe).

Willing to part with up to $250-$300 US so I can find a decent pair.

Also, whilst I love Clarks desert boots, I'm not really looking for them as I already have a pair (I feel like these always get recommended when the subject of chukkas get brought up, so might as well get it out of the way).

Would love it if someone could point me in the direction of some good boots that might offer what I'm looking for.

***Edit*** Alternatively, I would be open to Wolverine 1000 Mile boots, if anyone has had experience with them and Red Wing boots before (specifically Iron Rangers, Beckmans or Blacksmiths). I only ask because I currently own a pair of Red Wing Blacksmiths (Beckman upper with an Iron Ranger Sole). And whilst these are a cracking pair of boots, I've slowly worn them as as I think they're a bit too chunky for me.

So I'd like to know how the 1000 Mile compares those models I mentioned earlier in terms of their all around chunk factor (but more specifically the toe box).

Anth0ny

god damn did it get cold fucking fast in toronto

I was halfway through my fall clothes shopping list and mother nature drops winter on our ass

I need wool

and scarves

and beanies!

Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster in this thread. Was hoping someone would be able to help me find some boots.

Looking for a nice pair of brown or black leather chukkas that can be easily dressed up or down. Preferably with classic type of sole (i.e. not vibram, wedge or crepe).

Willing to part with up to $250-$300 US so I can find a decent pair.

Also, whilst I love Clarks desert boots, I'm not really looking for them as I already have a pair (I feel like these always get recommended when the subject of chukkas get brought up, so might as well get it out of the way).

Would love it if someone could point me in the direction of some good boots that might offer what I'm looking for.

***Edit*** Alternatively, I would be open to Wolverine 1000 Mile boots, if anyone has had experience with them and Red Wing boots before (specifically Iron Rangers, Beckmans or Blacksmiths). I only ask because I currently own a pair of Red Wing Blacksmiths (Beckman upper with an Iron Ranger Sole). And whilst these are a cracking pair of boots, I've slowly worn them as as I think they're a bit too chunky for me.

So I'd like to know how the 1000 Mile compares those models I mentioned earlier in terms of their all around chunk factor (but more specifically the toe box).
The only thing that comes to mind for the chukka question is the Timberland Lost History. I've had mine for 3 years now and they're easily the most comfortable boots/shoes I've ever owned. Quite possibly the most complimented thing in my entire wardrobe as well.

As for the Wolverine 1000 Mile, I've also been wearing these for upwards of 4 years and only have great things to say. The leather is super soft and breaks in incredibly fast (compared to Red Wings which will be about 2-3 weeks). The profile of the boot is certainly slimmer than a pair of Iron Rangers, but compared to something from Viberg, Oak Street, etc., the silhouette is still going to be a bit on the chunkier side. I guess it's all relative to exactly how sleek you're trying to go. Ultimately, the boots are fantastic, just make sure you get a rubber lining on the sole if you live anywhere that rains even semi-frequently. The life of the sole will double.

Cagey

Banned
I'm thinking of buying a vintage military-issued peacoat on eBay. I never bought clothes before on eBay. Am I asking for trouble? Should I just eat the price and buy a new (civilian-issue) one from Sterlingwear?

Quick

Banned
I'm thinking of buying a vintage military-issued peacoat on eBay. I never bought clothes before on eBay. Am I asking for trouble? Should I just eat the price and buy a new (civilian-issue) one from Sterlingwear?

Does it have the measurements available? If so, measure yourself and compare. Best thing you can do short of actually wearing it.

And if it's unclear, make sure there's a good return policy.

you could also buy a new military-issued one at a army-navy surplus store. that's what I did

Top Bottom