• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

BumRush

Fashion-Gaf,
Recommend me some great shoes. I'm looking for something similar to Allen Edmonds but with less decoration.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TDL04M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

My budget is about 150 to 200. Considering getting Clark's Desert boots but I feel I want something a bit classier. Any suggestions?

I believe what you're looking for is a classic Oxford without broguing. Broguing is that decoration you dislike on the linked shoes.

A little out of your price range but do you like this style more:http://m.belk.com/AST/Main/Belk_Pri...438518019113&gclid=CNvF8Y-Y0cgCFUQYHwodb2MGwg

If so I'll give some suggestions.

giga

Importing isn't a big deal for me, so I'd be really interested in any recommendations you or anyone else might have.

Size 15 would be perfect. I can fit into a 14.5, but it's a snug fit and I like a little bit of room...
Try Wolverine, red wing, Chippewa, chevalier.

Fashion-Gaf,
Recommend me some great shoes. I'm looking for something similar to Allen Edmonds but with less decoration.

My budget is about 150 to 200. Considering getting Clark's Desert boots but I feel I want something a bit classier. Any suggestions?
Meermin oxfords are 175. Best you'll get at that price outside of Allen Edmonds seconds.

More or less the same, not as many models/variety. Lasts are more my speed vs AE. I have a patent pair and a longwing, would buy more (if I needed to)*. The patent is especially nice as it is hard to find a simple elegant pair of formal shoes at a good price.

I want to say mine were both about 250 including shipping. The higher end line is 100 or so more.

*you always need more shoes right!?

Meermin oxfords are 175. Best you'll get at that price outside of Allen Edmonds seconds.
This is like exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!!

What do you guys think of Cole Haans?
I'm also considering them since they have a shop near me. I hate messing up shoes size when ordering online, so I'm considering that as an alternative.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Any recommendations on some canvas shoes? I think a nice blue pair would be awesome and I would like to keep the price under $100.

Kind of like these, but have never heard of the brand before.

SoXNQSH.jpg

Just want something that is comfortable and can put up with some abuse from a lot of walking.

edit: these will be worn on beaches, around town and other places. So nothing really formal.

Fritz

What's a cool winter coat? I am sick of all the Woolrich arctic parka varieties. Some wool parka with sheerling lining would be nice.

Fashion-Gaf,

Allen Edmonds shoe bank. Their Leeds 2.0 model is a nice looking PTB, the Dundee 2.0 is a decent chukka and their eagle county is a simple cap toe boot.

I'm looking for some good leather boots/sneakers for the winter. Prefer something more casual like these Clae Hamiltons

But also really like these (and can't find them anywhere -_- )

Under $150 would be preferable.
I actually have (had? not sure if I still do) those Clae Hamiltons, personally don't think they look as good in person as they do in photos. If I still have them, you like how they look in person, and you're the right size I'd sell them to you

Just bought this cool knit polo
cn10150922.jpg

with the 40% off promotion they have right now, don't really buy GAP but their GQ gust designers offering look really good.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just got done getting measured for my bespoke wedding suit. This is my first fully made-to-measure custom suit, and it's been an awesome experience so far.

Went to a boutique here in town (Overland Park, KS) owned and fully operated by one guy, who has owned the shop for decades, and been taking orders for longer than I've been alive.

First time I stepped in, he sat down with me and my fiancé for a good 45 minutes just asking about our wedding, how we met, our event space, what we'd like out of our outfits, her dress, our wedding party, our style, etc. Took us through hundreds of fabrics and we decided on one. He called it in to check price and got back to us a few days later... .... $3,500 for just the fabric - way out of my price range.

So we came back - were very forward that it was too much, and that we're sorry if we wasted his time; we weren't expecting *that* much. He said "no, no..." I just happened to pick out a very expensive fabric. We talked about our budget a bit, and he said he can "absolutely" make it work. So we spent another hour going through fabrics until I got down to just two - two very different options. One was a blue - not navy - but truly "blue" with a nice texture. The other was a little crazy - a dark black with a paisley shadow texture. It's unassuming from more than a few feet away; but up close? Looks so incredibly elegant. Seriously sharp. The black was a bit riskier - so he told us to go home and think about it, and he'd look into pricing. Well today we went back, and I said I loved the black - he agreed it was a great choice.

Next thing I know, he spent a solid two hours working with me and my wife-to-be exclusively; asking incoming customers to come back later. Walked through everything - lapels, buttons, pockets, lining, fit, measurements, etc, etc. Then onto shirt. Then onto shirt color - more fabrics. Onto tie. Onto what we eventually want for our bridal party. How to match, etc, etc. He then spent a solid ~20 minutes taking measurements in multiple poses.

... I've been working out for the last year, have gained a solid inch and a half on either bicep, and have lost about an inch-two inches in my waist. He asked me to come back every two weeks for a few minutes so that he can keep tracking measurements - and then we'll take final measurements in late January. Wedding is end of April.

Two piece suit - very "Tuxedo-esque" but with a much more modern and slim styling. Black with shadow texture. One button. No vents. Silver/grey paisley lining. Fabric buttons. Stark white shirt. Paisley, striped tie in ivory to match my future wife's dress. Matching pocket square. Pants black, small break, slim but not tight. Single right rear pocket.

Sure, it cost a pretty penny - a good bit more than my tailored off-the rack suits that I buy downtown for ~$500-$800. But I think I'm gonna be really happy with it.

Some teasers:

22256933608_d85db930ea_b.jpg

22431359692_a18c93a18c_b.jpg

22256938058_5600383b79_b.jpg

21821926954_bdb7d0e4f1_b.jpg

baphomet

I actually have (had? not sure if I still do) those Clae Hamiltons, personally don't think they look as good in person as they do in photos. If I still have them, you like how they look in person, and you're the right size I'd sell them to you

I wear a 12. If they're the same size shoot me some pictures and I'll probably pick them up.

Bought these shirts:/
Where'd you get them if you don't mind me asking?

why does my cable knit sweater look like this after I sit down

I need to pull it down like this each time to make it flattering

Is it an issue with the sweater or my body? Also, looking to get a new off-white cable knit fisherman's sweater lol. This was $108 retail but $85 on sale, heavily prefer 100% cotton.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Really, really nice Band of Outsiders camel topcoat at Nordstrom Rack today. $2k marked down to $400, but even the xs didn't fit me. 😓

NinjaBoiX

Really, really nice Band of Outsiders camel topcoat at Nordstrom Rack today. $2k marked down to $400, but even the xs didn't fit me. 😓
I hate this, like if I try an XS top on and the sleeves are still like three inches too long.

Come on mane, I'm short but I'm not a toddler!

I just bought an XS sweater that is a little long. Tumble drying it as we speak. :p

I'm struggling with what length to have my chinos at. The stiffness of cotton makes breaks really sloppy and harder to manage than jeans. If I'm only 18 and still primarily wearing chinos with sneakers or boots though would having them tailored to not break at all with low tops be a good idea?

Here they are with a sloppy break: http://imgur.com/a/5iLc8

I cuffed them once and this is what I may get them hemmed to but I'm not sure if it's too short for wearing with t shirts and casual button downs: http://imgur.com/JskxK5F

http://imgur.com/u3h65GP

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, first time posting here and in need of some advice. I'm planning on getting some bucks like thesehttp://www.clarksusa.com/us/mens/mens-oxfords-lace-ups/Raspin-Plan-Denim-Blue-Nubuck/p/26107230 or maybe tan. The thing is, since I live in a tropical city, my main getup for uni tends to be a polo shirt, jeans and driving loafers and the like. Will it look weird pairing bucks with polo shirts?

Also, any home or easy alternatives to the Brannock device when measuring my feet?

Top Bottom