• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Hey guys, first time posting here and in need of some advice. I'm planning on getting some bucks like thesehttp://www.clarksusa.com/us/mens/mens-oxfords-lace-ups/Raspin-Plan-Denim-Blue-Nubuck/p/26107230 or maybe tan. The thing is, since I live in a tropical city, my main getup for uni tends to be a polo shirt, jeans and driving loafers and the like. Will it look weird pairing bucks with polo shirts?

Also, any home or easy alternatives to the Brannock device when measuring my feet?
Considering you can wear bucks with shorts I think you'll be fine. I'm not a fan of boat shoes/mocs with pants

I was actually thinking of getting a pair as well for when I wear pants and don't wanna wear sneakers.

41506483oi_14_e.jpg

nailed it

sorry for the shitty quality and sneakers (i was wearing shorts), but which chino break looks more flattering; right side of the photo (was cuffed inside itself to look like a hem) or left side of the photo (OTR fit)

Untucked

Tucked (wear them slightly higher up)

I think I prefer the hemmed one when I'm wearing it untucked, my only issue is whenever I need to tuck in a shirt it may look silly because I'd be showing a shitton of ankle and/or sock.

I stumbled across the picture but don't know how to track them down. They look like custom Flyknits but are not quite.

[ /img][/QUOTE]

They're the Nike Flyknit Racer 'Oreo 2.0'. They sell out quite quickly, but have been restocked a few times.

This is my pair.

[quote][img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/ybshy4/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08-17%2010.59.13%201_zps9ixjsfz3.jpg

sorry for the shitty quality and sneakers (i was wearing shorts), but which chino break looks more flattering; right side of the photo (was cuffed inside itself to look like a hem) or left side of the photo (OTR fit)

the left side looks more flattering with the untucked shirt and the right side with the tucked shirt IMO, but those pants generally don't look good tucked. the rise is too high and looks too stereotypically "nerdy"

so simons and elbaz are out. simons makes sense cuz doing 20 lines a year will burn anyone out, but elbaz? maybe there was mgmt pressure to churn out a cruise/resort/prefall zzzzzzzzz collection every year.

whatever, mainstream luxe fashion is boring as fuck lately anyway.

i dunno, it sounds like elbaz leaving is completely unrelated to dior. i would imagine that dior has been in serious talks with a replacement long enough by now that elbaz leaving lanvin isn't going to change anything. curious if lucas ossendrijver is going to stay on for menswear tho.

edit: apparently ossendrijver is going to design the aw16 womens collection. very interesting.

the left side looks more flattering with the untucked shirt and the right side with the tucked shirt IMO, but those pants generally don't look good tucked. the rise is too high and looks too stereotypically "nerdy"
They're low rise chinos so that's odd (hence why I have to pull them up a bit to help with a tuck), I think I'll just leave them as is though.

look like leggings if anything

personally not a fan of that silhouette though, since he's top-heavy mass wise the drapey-t and tight pants on short legs just looks really unproportional imo

leggings? hmm, thought they were more slim fit joggers than anything

agree with you on the top, shirt should be shorter but I like the look overall

Top Bottom