• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

12231008_1716573715229138_1314376539_n.jpg

New winter boots. Wanted something that would be good in the elements but also look nice. Brown waxed flesh and commando sole. Huge fan of Oak Street Bootmakers after wearing these for the past couple of weeks now.
I've got them in black. The absolute best.

Damn. Those look great. I'm wondering if it would be worth spending that much money on the boots here in Seattle. The rain and grit tends to fuck up my leather shoes most of the time.
If you want to try them on in person, and are open to black, they're available at Blue Owl Workshop in Fremont.

barnone

I want to get new shoes to wear at the office. I don't care about style so much as comfort, but the style is important. I am tired of wearing my running shoes to work. I use a standing/sitting desk btw.

any suggestions? open to all colors and would like to wear these shoes with jeans or khakis.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Black Yeezy's dropping this weekend. Someone get me a pair, please.

I want to get new shoes to wear at the office. I don't care about style so much as comfort, but the style is important. I am tired of wearing my running shoes to work. I use a standing/sitting desk btw.

any suggestions? open to all colors and would like to wear these shoes with jeans or khakis.

Get some nice boots with good padding.

Lotto

Does anyone know about Velva Sheen shirts?

http://www.hickorees.com/brand/velva-sheen/product/crew-neck-pocket-t-shirt-2-pack-white

It's made in the USA and supposedly great quality but the 50% polyester seems weird..

i have a few slub tees and they're nice. they're 100% cotton though. they're tube body construction though so no seams on the side which make it a bit roomier than most of my other tees. i'm not seeing where you see 50% polyester in the link you put.

Don't get the appeal of yeezys at the price they want for them. Same for his adidas clothing. Saw some of it it person and it looked like every other contemporary line but 3x the price.

Feebastic

Really considering dropping money on this for Christmas:

HCU1114BLA01_F.jpg

Thoughts? On sale it's about £360 (~$600) down from £595 (~$850), from The Kooples. Lamb suede, fits me beautifully, but I'm having trouble convincing myself it's worth the price.

The main competitor in my mind is this:

1966306922_2_4_1.jpg

£150 (~$230) from Zara. To be honest, I like it about half as much, but it's half the price.

Any other suggestions for a nice suede jacket?

Overall, very nice. I really like the contrast between the shoes and the shoelaces.

EDIT: For the guy asking about the two jackets. Don't ever consider the second one, it looks like it tries too hard with all those "leather" strips. IMO, of course.

Alright manshion I've got a real test to see how far we've come:

My new years date is wearing a rose gold dress for NYE (examples). Now, I have 2 suit colors, gray and navy. Which do you imagine would compliment the rose gold more?

I've got them in black. The absolute best.

If you want to try them on in person, and are open to black, they're available at Blue Owl Workshop in Fremont.

I really want to like Oak St., especially since I life in Chicago, but there's always one thing off with their boot or shoes. Those check all the right boxes but the last shape is just too odd and blobby. They're trying to walk this middle ground between Red Wing's intentionally bulbous lasts and the sleeker ones from Alden, Viberg, etc and they end up being blah.

Sat/sun after Santa day? Or?
Saturday would be dope. I'll PM you and text CV.

I really want to like Oak St., especially since I life in Chicago, but there's always one thing off with their boot or shoes. Those check all the right boxes but the last shape is just too odd and blobby. They're trying to walk this middle ground between Red Wing's intentionally bulbous lasts and the sleeker ones from Alden, Viberg, etc and they end up being blah.
I actually really like the middle-ground, so to speak. Viberg is a little too sleek for my blood, but as you said, Red Wings are way too bulky. I like the fact that Oak Street's silhouette is right in between, but hey, to each their own.

Quick

Banned
After about a couple of months of searching, I decided on a cologne.

Picked up Yves St. Laurent Frozen Cologne. Seems like a nice winter fragrance, and it'll probably last me a while. I'll probably look for something light and a less woody to alternate with.

taimoorh

Guys, need some help on stubble trimmers. Basically, which is the best one (if not a model, then a brand) to keep a perfect 5'o clock shadow.

I've heard the Philips Norelco are good. No idea about Braun or Remington.

Also, any nose hair clippers? My worst fear is a pulled hair and that shit really hurts.

Yo, Washington state bros

Why not come up here to Vancouver and meet up with me and NGTYK. It'll be hella cheaper cuz it's like 72 cents

I haven't shopped in America for a few years now, the exchange rate used to be hella in our favour but it's flipped now

Alright manshion I've got a real test to see how far we've come:

My new years date is wearing a rose gold dress for NYE (examples). Now, I have 2 suit colors, gray and navy. Which do you imagine would compliment the rose gold more?

Yea Navy is a little harder to pull off, but if you do it looks much nicer.

Definitely navy, but it's a staple. It's not really hard to pull off. Just make sure the suit fits well.

Why not come up here to Vancouver and meet up with me and NGTYK. It'll be hella cheaper cuz it's like 72 cents

I haven't shopped in America for a few years now, the exchange rate used to be hella in our favour but it's flipped now

Went to some outlet stores in Marysville, but yeesh, it's not worth buying anything in WA anymore. I got the same stuff cheaper in Canada.

Alucrid

Banned

i don't think you'd like us clapping when we meet up

Here is a personal code for 50$ off Allen Edmonds Shoes if anyone one wants it. Good chance for a gaffer to pickup some park avenues or something.

HOL32015-DDD-KVH-C94-LCS

Loving these Red Wing Ox Blood Iron Rangers. Worth every penny. The leather is thick and soft, vibram sole is grippy and they fit nice and solid. Great boot to wear everywhere.

images

javac

I got this jacket for myself, never worn anything like it but I'm oddly excited to see how I look in it. I'm not really a fashionable guy and generally keep it safe (boring) so it's a bit out of my norm:

Cindro

GAF, I am in the direst of fashion straits that I've ever had the misfortune of being in.

The good news is that I just got hired for a great job that I'll begin next week. The bad is that it's business casual - the type that requires you to tuck your shirt in.

That might not sound like a big deal, but I'm 5'11" and 260 lbs (i.e., overweight). My whole sense of style up to this point has been designed around the idea of wearing untucked shirts that mask the contours of my body, but that's not going to be an option anymore.

I have no idea where to even begin. Online shopping seems like a terrible idea, because I need to try on clothes to know if they look right. What brick and mortar shops should I be checking out? Are there any pro-tips for tucking in shirts without accentuating paunches? I really don't want to be self-conscious on top of the stress that already comes with starting a new job, so I'm open to any and all suggestions.

I keep meaning to make the trip up to Vancouver to visit the new Reigning Champ store.

Quick

Banned
GAF, I am in the direst of fashion straits that I've ever had the misfortune of being in.

The good news is that I just got hired for a great job that I'll begin next week. The bad is that it's business casual - the type that requires you to tuck your shirt in.

That might not sound like a big deal, but I'm 5'11" and 260 lbs (i.e., overweight). My whole sense of style up to this point has been designed around the idea of wearing untucked shirts that mask the contours of my body, but that's not going to be an option anymore.

I have no idea where to even begin. Online shopping seems like a terrible idea, because I need to try on clothes to know if they look right. What brick and mortar shops should I be checking out? Are there any pro-tips for tucking in shirts without accentuating paunches? I really don't want to be self-conscious on top of the stress that already comes with starting a new job, so I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Are you allowed to wear sweaters/jumpers? A dark-coloured solid one might be an option, if you're not living in the south or a tropical country.

Tucking in is actually good for appearance anyway. Wear a nice belt and tuck your shirt in tight and see the results. Wearing loose clothing only makes you look bigger than you actually are.

Check out slim-fit trousers, too.

Top Bottom