• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Anth0ny

navy blue blazers are tight. I love mine. Usually rock it similar to this:

ferdLcn.jpg

I'm basically Fassbender

minus the beard

and the money

and the good looks

Servbot24

Banned
I get $125 a year from work to spend on fitness products, usually it goes into shoes. This year I'm thinking of getting flyknits, I've always liked the looks of those. I tend to wear a lot of grey and monochromatic clothes, though I like to have one article that's a bright color to balance it out, such as shoes or an undershirt. That said I do really like the black & white ones:

I get $125 a year from work to spend on fitness products, usually it goes into shoes. This year I'm thinking of getting flyknits, I've always liked the looks of those. I tend to wear a lot of grey and monochromatic clothes, though I like to have one article that's a bright color to balance it out, such as shoes or an undershirt. That said I do really like the black & white ones:

The oreo flyknits are dope. I love them.

Eanan

Any recommendations for a pair of (dark colour, black preferred) suede chelsea boots that ship within europe (located in ireland)?

Budget: Approx €50

Been eyeing up these on Asos sale:

EU8NXRnm.jpg

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5667357&CTARef=Basket+Page

They look good (the red check while not essential, is a bit unique and should stand out), and are in my size (10).

Or any other websites I should be checking? I think the suede black will suit my style (dark clothes with black skinny jeans usually).

fep

4801355.jpg

or

5.9.jpg

I ordered the first jacket from nordstrom rack, but then fell in love with the gustin chore coat when I saw it. Thoughts on returning the first one and backing the chore coat?

Anyone have experience with the gustin jackets or coats? I'm also going to snag a trucker from them once I make up my mind on color.

Anth0ny

Any recommendations for a pair of (dark colour, black preferred) suede chelsea boots that ship within europe (located in ireland)?

Budget: Approx €50

Been eyeing up these on Asos sale:

EU8NXRnm.jpg

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5667357&CTARef=Basket+Page

They look good (the red check while not essential, is a bit unique and should stand out), and are in my size (10).

Or any other websites I should be checking? I think the suede black will suit my style (dark clothes with black skinny jeans usually).

I'm also in the market for some black chelseas. I'm in Toronto, Canada. Hard to find the more slim, european style here, which is what I'm looking for.

Just remember one thing... the GOAT chelsea inspiration

CFMOORE!

4801355.jpg

or

5.9.jpg

I ordered the first jacket from nordstrom rack, but then fell in love with the gustin chore coat when I saw it. Thoughts on returning the first one and backing the chore coat?

Anyone have experience with the gustin jackets or coats? I'm also going to snag a trucker from them once I make up my mind on color.

go chore coat. can't speak for their jackets, but i have a few shirts, very nice stuff in terms of their selection of materials. the construction is hit or miss. their pants have been super solid for me though.

I'm not a fan of Gustin, but the Chore Coat is an infinitely better design than that first jacket. Definitely go with that one.

4801355.jpg

or

5.9.jpg

Go for the second. Don't even return the first one, just burn it or something. No one should wear that. I'm cracking up at the drawstrings

Eanan

Sales everywhere yaaas

Maison Kitsune is mine phew
I've dropped the guts of €400 in the past two days on clothes. Help. Need college to start back any time now...

I'm also in the market for some black chelseas. I'm in Toronto, Canada. Hard to find the more slim, european style here, which is what I'm looking for.

Just remember one thing... the GOAT chelsea inspiration

I ended up ordering the Chelseas I linked and another pair of grey leather ones that were €30 ( 50% off). I really dont want to invest in a couple hundred costing pair as I have a feeling its a passing trend that will be gone in 1-2 years.

And yeah, to be fair, he does pull them off well, but id imagine his are eye wateringly expensive.

Anth0ny

I ended up ordering the Chelseas I linked and another pair of grey leather ones that were €30 ( 50% off). I really dont want to invest in a couple hundred costing pair as I have a feeling its a passing trend that will be gone in 1-2 years.

And yeah, to be fair, he does pull them off well, but id imagine his are eye wateringly expensive.

Probably these lol

As for Chelseas going out of style...

beatles-in-chelsea-bo8as83.jpg

I dunno man they seem to have stood the test of time :p

giga

SuitSupply outlet sale.

Code is BETHEFIRST

Already picked up 2 suits, a jacket, 3 shirts and 7 ties. All for pretty much the cost of a suit and shirt at SS.

Going in for more.
Yeah it's crazy. They haven't done this in years. What did you pick up? I spent too much but I don't feel too guilty when I realize I'm savings hundreds just this one time.

Grakl

Not sure if I should get stuff from suit supply because it won't be stuff ill be wearing for a couple years, if I do at all

h3ro

Yeah it's crazy. They haven't done this in years. What did you pick up? I spent too much but I don't feel too guilty when I realize I'm savings hundreds just this one time.

3 piece houndstooth wool Havana fit suit
Double breasted navy linen suit for the summer in Madison fit (My favorite fit after Washington)
Gray Washington fit jacket in wool
Multiple silk/cotton/linen ties
3 white dress shirts

I'm eyeing another jacket, maybe the Havana fit tweed ones but not sure if that piece is something I'll wear more than a handful of times.

I was checking out with a pair of the suede double monks when they went out of stock as I pushed submit ordere lol

What did you end up getting?

I recently got a waxed canvas trucker from Gustin and absolutely love it.

(forgive my apparently disgusting mirror)

h3ro

Anyone knows the exact jacket he is wearing? Or something that looks similar? I'm also blazer shopping. Being from Florida, this looks perfect since it looks like it is made from lighter fabric.
SuitSupply Washington fit is what you're looking for ;)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
With all the sales going on, I keep hoping to find a new coat to replace the aging H&M thing I've been begrudgingly wearing for several years, but there's pretty much nothing that hits the ~$300 range in XS and actually looks good. Don't want a peacoat or full topcoat (too short and too long, respectively) just something in between that's warm and isn't covered in buttons, pockets, and fucking epaulets.

Allsaints, Farfetch, and Nordstrom all have stuff I like but not available in small enough sizes. :

Eanan

Just ordered these tan chelseas;

e4rRQMKm.jpg

I have a feeling they'll either look amazing or very goofy on me. Hopefully they dont look too formal also (and suit blue skinny jeans).

giga

3 piece houndstooth wool Havana fit suit
Double breasted navy linen suit for the summer in Madison fit (My favorite fit after Washington)
Gray Washington fit jacket in wool
Multiple silk/cotton/linen ties
3 white dress shirts

I'm eyeing another jacket, maybe the Havana fit tweed ones but not sure if that piece is something I'll wear more than a handful of times.

I was checking out with a pair of the suede double monks when they went out of stock as I pushed submit ordere lol

What did you end up getting?
The three piece suits were amazing deals. Washington is also my favorite cut, so i def had to get one of those as well. My grabs:

havana jacket in wool/cashmere. *love* the color.

washington half lined in grey check

havana three piece in burgundy. my favorite of them all.

soho in brown, because i've never owned a double breasted suit.

Top Bottom