• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

giga

Mr Porter sale started. If you're not seeing any product, keep refreshing - the site's getting hammered at the moment. They have a great return policy, so don't be scared of taking a punt.

Also, LondonGAF - the Liberty in-store sale is absolutely incredible. You have to do a bit of rummaging because it's a mess, but the discounts... this weekend my girlfriend found Prada boots for £100. Not sure how much longer it's on for though.
Nice. Got some santoni loafers.

h3ro

Suit jacket puffing, is this normal? Went out to try some jackets today and all that were slim and otherwise fit me we ll had some puffing in the chest, is that something that is supposed to happen with a fitting jacket?

Might mean it's too tight around the chest or armholes. If it's canvased, it should flatten out over time but might be worth it to size up and hit up the tailor bring in the other areas.

I need light brown moccasins or some kind of shoes to wear with a very light suit.

44975798cp_2.jpg

I'm thinking of these, anyone got any other recommendations?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Nordstrom 1901's might have some, usually $100
Thanks for the recommendation, will look into it.

I also am in need of an overcoat. So what do you guys think about this overcoat, it's on a pretty good sale at the moment. (edit: I belive the one my size is out of stock already :( )

So Banana Republic is changing their shirt styles and discontinuing the "tailored slim" fit they had (will have a slim and modern fit only). That tailored slim in medium fit me like an honest to god tailored shirt, and the price and material quality was spot on what I wanted. What would you all suggest for something similar I can get when my 20 or so shirts start to wear out?

Edit: Oh apparently the lady at the store was just wrong, and they're getting rid of the modern fit, not the tailored slim. Though apparently it's just somewhat less tailored than the tailored was tailored, which might not be tailored like my tailor would tailor it.

Acrylic7

Nah, I like their designs but imagine they're build quality and standard of materials to be garbage given how cheap they are.

Thats why I was asking. Apparently their whole thing is they don't have to sell to retailers and they are indegogo funded so they are affordable. Didn't want to fall for a scam or something.

Anyone hear good things about MVMT watches?

I have this one, http://www.mvmtwatches.com/collections/40-series/products/silver-tan-leather?variant=undefined, and while I really like the look of it the leather discolored to grey in a number of places over one weekend's wear. Probably because I was wearing it under sweaty fire-retardant clothes at a race track, but I was surprised to see it discolor so much.

Beyond that it's simple and elegant, with a great finish on the dial. It's also light and comfortable on the wrist. I like it a lot and for the money I don't care if the internals are lower end.

NinjaBoiX

Thats why I was asking. Apparently their whole thing is they don't have to sell to retailers and they are indegogo funded so they are affordable. Didn't want to fall for a scam or something.
Oh I certainly don't think it's a scam, I'm just sceptical of the build quality given the price.

That said, I want this one so bad:

UxS2RAT.jpg

£90 delivered, think I'll bite. Getting quite a collection of watches now, this would take me up to 7.

phoony17

So got some Tan Lacoste Turbos in Size US15's (bloody hard to find!).
lacoste-tan-turbo-brown-product-0-716592608-normal.jpeg

What clothes would go well with them?

Khaki chinos? Blue Jeans? What colour shirts?

NinjaBoiX

So got some Tan Lacoste Turbos in Size US15's (bloody hard to find!).
lacoste-tan-turbo-brown-product-0-716592608-normal.jpeg

What clothes would go well with them?

Khaki chinos? Blue Jeans? What colour shirts?
Those are fly as fuck, look a lot like the sadly discontinued Nike Flytops. In terms of what to wear with them, they seem incredibly versatile to me, smart/casual leather trainers go with just about anything.

Cream chinos, blue and white pin stripe t shirt and a burgundy or olive green jacket would look top.

FStop7

Banned
Zanerobe joggers are pretty great. Good cut, good fit, plus I like the textures of the materials. I'm still trying to get past the "sloppy sweatpants" perception, so I like that these are made from something closer to chino cloth.

Anth0ny

Zanerobe joggers are pretty great. Good cut, good fit, plus I like the textures of the materials. I'm still trying to get past the "sloppy sweatpants" perception, so I like that these are made from something closer to chino cloth.

Definitely. Love my Zanerobes, not cheap but not tooooooooooo expensive either. And they look rad.

Next step up for me is Fear of God Drawstring Trousers... but they're expensive af ; _ ;

phoony17

Those are fly as fuck, look a lot like the sadly discontinued Nike Flytops. In terms of what to wear with them, they seem incredibly versatile to me, smart/casual leather trainers go with just about anything.

Cream chinos, blue and white pin stripe t shirt and a burgundy or olive green jacket would look top.

Thanks for the Advice Ninja.

Saw them in a shop whilst in Hamburg and had to get a pair. Was a little harder to find then expected because I think that colour isn't available anymore.

Pinewood

Might mean it's too tight around the chest or armholes. If it's canvased, it should flatten out over time but might be worth it to size up and hit up the tailor bring in the other areas.

Added a photo to illustrate. Its part linen so idk about it flattening. Never been to a tailor so I dont even know where to look for one and what the price would be

Vard

Looking to pick up a belt loop key holder. I know it's a small accessory to ask about, but anyone have any recommendations? Looking for something cheap and minimalist.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
ugh ended up clicking on the wrong size for my order from levi's, guess I'll have to send that one back when it comes here. No way I'll fit into a 27w lol

Zaph

Gonna treat myself to a new leather bomber, ideally green. Something like this Burberry one, but don't really want to go into 4 figures.

Anyone seen any good deals around? Bonus points for UK/EU so I can avoid import fees.

Kyne

Fashion GAF, need advice.

I have two interviews, one day apart... at the same company... with mostly the same people..

I have one black suit. Would it be tacky to wear a different colored tie to each interview? And if so, which colors would work best w/ black?

Fashion GAF, need advice.

I have two interviews, one day apart... at the same company... with mostly the same people..

I have one black suit. Would it be tacky to wear a different colored tie to each interview? And if so, which colors would work best w/ black?

Every color goes with black, not sure why you would think it would be tacky to wear a different tie

Zaph

When your country is going to shit in front of your very own eyes - do the only thing you can do, drown your sorrows in the mrporter sale

Still some good deals to be had guys, especially if you fall into the smaller or larger sizes.

kg5xlgx.png

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
When your country is going to shit in front of your very own eyes - do the only thing you can do, drown your sorrows in the mrporter sale

Still some good deals to be had guys, especially if you fall into the smaller or larger sizes.

What the heck, Filling Pieces sneakers for 64$! Sadly, mostly sold out.

kg5xlgx.png
Wow can't even support some British designers?!? For shame bro. At least buy some Astrid Anderson 🇬🇧

Anth0ny

Is it possible that the black Alpha Industries L-2B isn't available anywhere on the internet in a medium?

i feel like i'm taking crazy pills here

Top Bottom