• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Anth0ny

Can I get some suggestions on stuff to put on my wrists? (Not necessarily watches)

For cheap bracelets, I use etsy.com

search "men bracelet" and see if you like anything there

also if you want to actually try something on in person places like H&M tend to have stuff

for legit jewellery I have no idea

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
For cheap bracelets, I use etsy.com

search "men bracelet" and see if you like anything there

also if you want to actually try something on in person places like H&M tend to have stuff

for legit jewellery I have no idea

Thanks. Though I wasn't looking for jewelry per se. I meant more along the lines of what Goths/Metalheads wear.

javac

Christophe Lemaire's collaboration with Uniqlo will debut fall 2016 as the Uniqlo U Collection. Super hyped, loved the last collaboration, the suckerseer pants were fire.
hAyElbt.jpg
WUVCZJs.jpg

7qm6Tg4.jpg
VEkouHP.jpg

SpaKEgs.jpg
cznxT4K.jpg

ucPKAsj.jpg
Bs3xIgR.jpg

http://www.uniqlo.com/UniqloU/en/#home

because they're typically fitted sweatpants. I do need a pair at some point for when I need to run out for coffee in the morning before I've gotten ready

giga

I used to be pretty anti-sweatpant, but I've recently started getting into streetwear, and sneakers work really well with tapered joggers. Perfect for when you need to make a quick run to trader joes for some gouda and a bottle of wine for netflix night. 🏃🙋

javac

"I don't care I just need to get out of the house quickly fuck it" is its own fashion statement

Pretty much, looking like you don't give a shit when in fact you do has always been a thing, because looking comfy and relaxed is fashionable, but doing so while looking effortless is key. Making conscious decisions in what you wear but still wanting to blend in because looking relaxed and comfy is cool and fashionable but nobody wants to look like they tried their best, at least not all of the time. "I just walked out like this and threw on the first thing I could see but I still look cool and I know it."

Alucrid

Banned
Pretty much, looking like you don't give a shit when in fact you do has always been a thing, because looking comfy and relaxed is fashionable, but doing so while looking effortless is key. Making conscious decisions in what you wear but still wanting to blend in because looking relaxed and comfy is cool and fashionable but nobody wants to look like they tried their best, at least not all of the time. "I just walked out like this and threw on the first thing I could see but I still look cool and I know it."
this is why i own my dhl vetements shirt

NinjaBoiX

Sweatpants are fine when worn with trainers and a t-shirt or something, but that long dress coat he's paired them with? No...

And that hideous metallic puffer jacket (puffer jacket in 2016? For real?) worn with a shirt? Wow.

Who is this guy, lol, what a chancer.

Edit: I forgot about the turtle neck under a hoody outfit.

Seriously, that collection is horrendous. He's taken some fairly bland, innocuous clothing and somehow put them together to look laughably incongruous and uncool.

Alucrid

Banned
Sweatpants are fine when worn with trainers and a t-shirt or something, but that long dress coat he's paired them with? No...

And that hideous metallic puffer jacket (puffer jacket in 2016? For real?) worn with a shirt? Wow.

Who is this guy, lol, what a chancer.

Edit: I forgot about the turtle neck under a hoody outfit.

Seriously, that collection is horrendous. He's taken some fairly bland, innocuous clothing and somehow put them together to look laughably incongruous and uncool.

that's a woman

javac

I think the most telling thing about this is the fact that he's not putting his name on the clothing, it makes it feel more integrated into the Uniqlo portfolio which is why the individual pieces might not be as exuberant as his previous collaboration. Uniqlo are predicting that they'll produce between 500,000 and 1 million units of each style so it's not really a limited thing. Uniqlo has always had high quality garments especially for the price but this is definitely the next tier up. Everyday clothing at affordable prices but with little touches here and there that separate them from the rest. Elevated basics. I'm liking what I see.

giga

Going back and forth between these public school joints

http://www.matchesfashion.com/produ...elasticated-cuffs-wool-blend-trousers-1041350

And these Vince deals

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BNW7TPW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Kinds like the simplicity of the first but linen viscose is a good blend 🤔

would go with the public schools since they're a wool blend. you can dress them up with a blazer and wear em to most formal settings, like a wedding or interview. no black tie though.

Aurongel

So I've gotta ask... I'm out of options here...

Are fitted mens cardigans appropriate on a straight guy? I've asked 8 people about this and the results are tied 4-4.

Help me GAF, you're my only hope.

Quick

Banned
Have both long and short sleeve henleys from them. They're great.

I bought one of each (short sleeve with the finished sleeve), and I think I lucked out with buying the long sleeve in large, since it's not available anymore.

The price hurts (especially having to convert USD to CAD + shipping to Canada), but I've been really curious about them and I've been looking for quality Henleys for ages.

Edit: And the customer support is apparently pretty good. While I'm hoping the shirts fit just fine, I'm hoping the customer support is how r/MFA says it is. On a side note, I also appreciate that it uses Amazon Payments and I didn't have to make an account on their website.

fep

Any decent fashion-minded travel clothing out there?

i.e. fast drying, possibly wrinkle resistant, compact or packable (jackets)

Doesn't have to be labeled 'travel' clothing, but having one or two of the above is always a plus.

Ditched most of my cotton shirts, stocked up on a few Airism tees... merino wool shirts and socks seem to be a thing. I use a garment folder and packing cubes, but I'd like to have at least one or two outfits that don't require a lot of upkeep (ironing, etc).

I'm having a hard time finding decent items that can be dressed up a bit. Trying to pair down my wardrobe for travel, but also on the daily. Like anything, it seems to be a balance.

Tips or thoughts?

Top Bottom