• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

what do you guys think of these mexico 66's?

3384725-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

too weird looking to function as a nice all-white sneaker?

FStop7

Banned
If you had a grandpacore thing going on those shoes could work. Plaid pants, white belt. Think Caddyshack.

I got my skinny 501s. They weren't kidding when they said skinny. They're also fairly low rise. Not sure if I'll keep them.

acohrs

Looking for some input on a briefcase.

For a long while, I've had a Filson messenger bag I use for work - it's great. Holds up like a champ and carries a bunch of stuff. But in the last year, my job has moved up a bit in "prestige"(sounds so douchey - don't mean it that way), and now I'm pretty much exclusively speaking with C-level folks in hospitals - CEOs, CFOs, etc. And, well, the bag I'm using is just way out of place and contrasts a good bit with my M2M suits, nice watches, welted shoes, etc.

Thing is, for the last six months, I've been eyeballing every major maker in the space: Lotuff, Frank Clegg, Filson, Barbour, Swaine Adeney, J.W Hulme, Ghurka, Coach, Hermes, etc, etc - and every store - Brooks Brothers, local shops, J.Crew, Mr. Porter, etc, etc.

Thing is, there's been nothing I've fallen in love with - and I just can't will myself to spend $1,000 (or a lot more) on a bag. At least, not right now. Too many other wants on the list.

Anyway, fast forward and I saw someone wearing a new Tumi backpack at a conference the other day, and I loved it. I immediately hopped online and saw it's part of a set:

26516EG2_main_T

26516EG2_alt3

I really love the looks of this. It would match all my suits (navy, gray, black). It seems like it would be fine year round. I like that it's small and structured (stand on its own).

But I have concerns about quality. I feel like Tumi is nothing more than a "fashion" brand, and in two years the bag will look like shit. Comments? Thoughts?

Don't get tumi, very expensive and not great quality

I learned about Steven Alan last week. There is one close to where I live. I really like the style that is curated. Is there a general phrase that can be used to describe it?

For a long while, I've had a Filson messenger bag I use for work - it's great. Holds up like a champ and carries a bunch of stuff. But in the last year, my job has moved up a bit in "prestige"(sounds so douchey - don't mean it that way), and now I'm pretty much exclusively speaking with C-level folks in hospitals - CEOs, CFOs, etc. And, well, the bag I'm using is just way out of place and contrasts a good bit with my M2M suits, nice watches, welted shoes, etc.

Thing is, for the last six months, I've been eyeballing every major maker in the space: Lotuff, Frank Clegg, Filson, Barbour, Swaine Adeney, J.W Hulme, Ghurka, Coach, Hermes, etc, etc - and every store - Brooks Brothers, local shops, J.Crew, Mr. Porter, etc, etc.

Thing is, there's been nothing I've fallen in love with - and I just can't will myself to spend $1,000 (or a lot more) on a bag. At least, not right now. Too many other wants on the list.

I've been thinking about buying a Coach briefcase... but I would only use it on business trips, which we have a been week long meeting once a year. Can't really justify it, but I still want one just to have it I suppose. Anyway get set up on the Coach Outlet website, they usually have some crazy deals where you can score one for under $200 (when they have the 70% off sales).

Anyway, fast forward and I saw someone wearing a new Tumi backpack at a conference the other day, and I loved it. I immediately hopped online and saw it's part of a set:

26516EG2_main_T

26516EG2_alt3

I really love the looks of this. It would match all my suits (navy, gray, black). It seems like it would be fine year round. I like that it's small and structured (stand on its own).

But I have concerns about quality. I feel like Tumi is nothing more than a "fashion" brand, and in two years the bag will look like shit. Comments? Thoughts?
Did you watch what Yoshida Kaban (porter) had to offer?

Sora_N

Guys with wide feet. What kind of sneakers/runners and learher shoes do you guys buy?

Most of them look really bad.

My options are really limited in Canada sadly.

dmshaposv

Guys with wide feet. What kind of sneakers/runners and learher shoes do you guys buy?

Most of them look really bad.

My options are really limited in Canada sadly.

I have wide feet and Chuck Taylors are the bane of my existence.

Check out anything Adidas with boost at the moment. I have three pairs of Adidas NMDs and they are the comfiest motherfuckers while stylish as fuck. Really good for wide feet.

giga

I got the Freecotton Scrub Shirt and the Vanishing point shirt.

Main reason why I got tops because the previous times the top packs sold out quicker compared to the bottoms, so I thought Tops were better valued.

Ha I got that freecotton before too. After that I was done with top packs.

Nice. I have hi-tops and was considering the low-tops because it looks like the Killshots.

i'm not much of a hi-top guy myself so the low tops were the obvious choice for me. I was looking for killshot alternatives and I found the nikes in my size on ebay from a reputable seller for basically retail price so I went for it.

Top Bottom