• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

acohrs

I don't know in what context you would ever be seen as a "tryhard" for wearing a bomber.

I think it's because they're really popular atm to nearly the point of being played out. It's like barbour jackets a few years ago here in Ireland, everyone who wore those now wears bomber jackets.

Quick

Banned
Jackets like bombers or barbours are fairly safe, style-wise imo.

Name your GOAT designer

1, 2, 3, go

3b5dfb329061e1121a1f27520ac6d0f5.png

I don't know in what context you would ever be seen as a "tryhard" for wearing a bomber.

I am 19 and a freshman in college

in my family/in my circle of friends/amongst my classmates, I have always been the guy who doesn't really care about his appearance. they are mostly the same way.

so skinny pale white kid rolls up one day in a bomber jacket and slim jeans and it's like BRUH

y'know the more that i think about this, the more i realize people probably won't give a shit so i should just do what i want.

thank you for coming with me on this journey of self-discovery

Oxn

I am 19 and a freshman in college

in my family/in my circle of friends/amongst my classmates, I have always been the guy who doesn't really care about his appearance. they are mostly the same way.

so skinny pale white kid rolls up one day in a bomber jacket and slim jeans and it's like BRUH

y'know the more that i think about this, the more i realize people probably won't give a shit so i should just do what i want.

thank you for coming with me on this journey of self-discovery

If youre up for it, take some selfies, and post here.

BumRush

thanks for the advice. those shoes are almost 3 years old at this point, i really need some new ones.

got any recommendations?

Just start with some standard all white Roshe's or something like that. Only $75, so you're not really breaking the bank. The guys in here will give you a ton of (better) suggestions for shoes, sneakers, etc. but a sleek looking all-white nike can't go wrong

Just start with some standard all white Roshe's or something like that. Only $75, so you're not really breaking the bank. The guys in here will give you a ton of (better) suggestions for shoes, sneakers, etc. but a sleek looking all-white nike can't go wrong

I agree that an all-white shoe would be a good upgrade over the shitty old sneakers that I've been wearing for an eternity, but I don't really like the design of the Roshe's.

Would these be a good alternative?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
As other people said, the vans you linked or a pair of white Chucks are pretty great entry point choices for white trainers.

EDIT: Some adidas Stan Smith if you wan to go a bit higher in budget with a little more chunky look would also work I guess.

Quick

Banned
I say you generally can't go wrong with white sneakers.

Having worn Chucks almost exclusively, I decided to pick up a pair of Nike Blazers to have something different, and I forgot the feeling of wearing chunky shoes. Took a moment to get used to the bulk before getting used to it again.

nike-blazer-mid-og-white-red.jpg

And speaking of Roshes, I can see how it's a bit overplayed with everyone owning a pair. But it's pretty comfortable, based on me trying it out a bunch of times. I eventually settled on a pair of Kaishis. It has a similar design to the Roshes, with its own distinctness.

775906_29715d69-0341-4f10-9719-285589dfdb8f.jpg

Next on my list is either a pair of Prestos, Roshes and/or Air Max.

FStop7

Banned
Could I please get some recommendations on high end high quality wallets? I hadn't bought a new wallet in like 15 years and bought one on impulse from a Coach outlet. It's okay but it's kind of plastic-y. I think I'd like to get something nicer. I'm looking at Goyard, Hermes, and LV. Any experiences with their quality? Any others that I should look into? Thanks.

BumRush

Could I please get some recommendations on high end high quality wallets? I hadn't bought a new wallet in like 15 years and bought one on impulse from a Coach outlet. It's okay but it's kind of plastic-y. I think I'd like to get something nicer. I'm looking at Goyard, Hermes, and LV. Any experiences with their quality? Any others that I should look into? Thanks.

Any issues with Bellroy? Best wallet I've ever had.

I have this one and it's excellent

I got a Gustin Simple Wallet for $14.

https://www.weargustin.com/store/4519

Very slim, hold 4 cards and a few other bills.

I've heard good and bad things about Uniqlo's supima t-shirts, but I figured for 7 bucks with free shipping it couldn't hurt to see if they fit me well. The flannel shirt I got from them fits nicely so I'm hoping for more of that good fortune here.

EVOL 100%

I've heard good and bad things about Uniqlo's supima t-shirts, but I figured for 7 bucks with free shipping it couldn't hurt to see if they fit me well. The flannel shirt I got from them fits nicely so I'm hoping for more of that good fortune here.

If the flannel worked, the t-shirts will work too.

I'd know, I got the exact same flannel as you did before lol

BumRush

I'd be interested in what bad things you heard about the Supima tees. They're generally regarded as one of the, if not the best bang for your buck tee out there.

I'd be interested in what bad things you heard about the Supima tees. They're generally regarded as one of the, if not the best bang for your buck tee out there.

Apparently they recently (within the last year or so) switched to a slightly different fit and material and some people preferred the old style. I'm not too worried, at the end of the day if it doesn't fit me it's only 7 bucks down the drain.

Apparently they recently (within the last year or so) switched to a slightly different fit and material and some people preferred the old style. I'm not too worried, at the end of the day if it doesn't fit me it's only 7 bucks down the drain.
imo the old style was too short and I have a short torso already. I'm interested to see if they fit better now

Hero

Guys can anyone tell me what Levi's Line8 is? I bought a pair of black Line8 541's and didn't realize they weren't 'traditional' denim until I got home. I like them but it seems different.

Top Bottom