• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You lot thought I was going to apologies, didn't you?"

It would be "You lot thought I was going to apologize, didn't you?"

As I said, apologies is the plural of apology. You wouldn't use apology or apologies in that sentence unless to say something like "Please accept my apology." or "He gave out many apologies."

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
"You lot thought I was going to apologies, didn't you?"

It would be "You lot thought I was going to apologize, didn't you?"

As I said, apologies is the plural of apology. You wouldn't use apology or apologies in that sentence unless to say something like "Please accept my apology." or "He gave out many apologies."
Hmm. It seems school was wrong all this time then. Because we clearly got taught “I apologies” and “my apologies” .. I never saw a word with a Z so thought the same words applies on both

Hmm. It seems school was wrong all this time then. Because we clearly got taught “I apologies” and “my apologies” .. I never saw a word with a Z so thought the same words applies on both
If you sound it out it should make more sense.

Apology (apollo-G)
Apologies (apollo-jeez)
Apologize (apollo-jize)

You were thinking of apologise (apollo-jise) which is apologize but you spelt it as apologies (apollo-jeez) so it sounded funny when I read it back.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I apologize is the correct.

You are confusing it with my apologies. (apology also works)

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
kJ8gXMg.jpg

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So what should I say instead? I apology?

Doesn't sound right🤔
Don't let them fuck up your spelling! You only made one mistake, you switched the last two letters. Apologise is correct for saying sorry, apologies is correct for plural of apology. Apologize is the same as apologise, just inferior.

Mista

Banned
Don't let them fuck up your spelling! You only made one mistake, you switched the last two letters. Apologise is correct for saying sorry, apologies is correct for plural of apology. Apologize is the same as apologise, just inferior.
So I was correct🤔?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
My apologies, I had no idea that was your wife.

I wish this dumb bitch accepted my apology.

I apologize = check

I won't apologize = 🐉

apologetic

agoraphobic

yoshi

Last edited by a moderator:

Mista

Banned
No, you wrote apologies instead of apologise, which changes the meaning, even though you only mixed up the order of two letters.
Ahaaaaaaaa! I didn’t notice that! Thats why I was a bit confused on why Vyse was saying I was wrong. Thank you

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I saw @Deeper Underground in the PS5 OT say “Anyone who comes in here to stir up shit is getting reported by me” or something like that and I thought, “bro chill out.” I couldn’t reply without derailing further so I just let it slide but I mean do we really need to be issuing these kind of ultimatums? That seems to only serve the purpose of “poking the bear” even further.

I know this won’t quite what you were describing but it has been something I’ve been thinking about today

Simply report the post. Someone threatening to report people in that manner is using mods as a weapon (or rather the threat of them) and as such that seems somewhat outside the rules.

Going for a jog around the block, You also need to do this every day fam.

We need some way of moving during this quarantine. It also help to release the poison inside you

Stay safe and stay healthy fam. God bless you
Join us in the Fitness |OT|, my son.

Lots of :messenger_fire: emojis and heart-thumping exercise music.

Mista

Banned

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Going for a jog around the block, You also need to do this every day fam.

We need some way of moving during this quarantine. It also help to release the poison inside you

Stay safe and stay healthy fam. God bless you
Does it also remove toxic masculinity?

I second the recommendation and I also have exercise of my daily routine 5-6 days a week now. Cannot afford to get sick because of this whole lockdown situation.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather jerk off to what you call "fat" then to imaginary anime crap.
I posted pierce since he likes em big, If I wanted to make fun of you I'd post a whale like the people did on your last thread. But stay mad.

Who the fuck are you? I barely knew you without anime tiddies as an avatar
I'm transmus rn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom