• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-N-E

imagine wanting a crown, chasing scores

think about what kinda person that is

a35.gif

-Arcadia-

Banned
After reviewing that, I am 100% Team Barsinister. That original comment seemed completely uncalled for, and I don’t see any other way to take it.

If it was a joke, it completely fell flat, and should have been apologized for.

Barsinister

Banned
I was listening to a podcast supposedly about video games on my drive to Sonora this morning and it turned into a huge Bernie wankfest. I can’t seem to escape from the constant commie whining about capitalism while they are begging for money on Patreon.

I got full up pretty fast early in the day, I guess. When is this shit going to end?

Papa

Banned
After reviewing that, I am 100% Team Barsinister. That original comment seemed completely uncalled for, and I don’t see any other way to take it.

If it was a joke, it completely fell flat, and should have been apologized for.

Yeah, but he eventually backtracked it. Not sure if you read through the full exchange.

Tesseract

Banned
source.gif

-Arcadia-

Banned
Oh shit Vilix is gone?! Thats an OG Gaffer! What have he done😓?

Crazy woke ramblings, combined with insults, it looks like.

It’s insane how consistently OG Gaf is like this. One of the coolest groups of people I’ve ever seen on the internet, yet almost all of them fell deep, deep into mind virus territory. On the few occasions I’ve checked out Reset, or they’ve showed up here. it genuinely sucked seeing some very awesome people so completely ruined.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Being woke or overtly political (on either side of the autism political spectrum) shouldn't get you banned IMO. If you are however insulting other members maliciously you deserve a week off yes.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Being woke or overtly political (on either side of the autism political spectrum) shouldn't get you banned IMO. If you are however insulting other members maliciously you deserve a week off yes.

It doesn’t. Being dumb is not a banable offense. Taysan, for example, will be here forever, defending Reset as a great forum and the elimination of pronouns, because he observes the rules, doesn’t pointlessly antagonize, etc. At the very least, I respect that about him, when so many of his ilk act so unhinged.

There’s a place for woke people on Gaf, if they can stand the hazing. Same for people who tip too far rightwards, or the more polite members in the plastic wars.

It’s the combination of that with objectionable behavior that tends to land users in hot water, in my observation.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

This thread man. This might be peak nugaf.
^
It doesn’t. Being dumb is not a banable offense. Taysan, for example, will be here forever, defending Reset as a great forum and the elimination of pronouns, because he observes the rules, doesn’t pointlessly antagonize, etc. At the very least, I respect that about him, when so many of his ilk act so unhinged.

There’s a place for woke people on Gaf, if they can stand the hazing. Same for people who tip too far rightwards, or the more polite members in the plastic wars.

It’s the combination of that with objectionable behavior that tends to land users in hot water, in my observation.
Hmmmmmmmmm

-Arcadia-

Banned

This thread man. This might be peak nugaf.

I hope Muslim Gaf and Islam Critical Gaf can get along better in the future.

They’ll never agree, not ever, but hopefully a more peaceful agree-to-disagree can be reached, given that some of the best users on the site are on both sides. I see people that usually get along, being torn apart there, and it sucks.

Not casting blame in any direction, not have I read it studiously enough to do so. It just seems like, at a glance, everything just kind of exploded.

^

Hmmmmmmmmm

?

Mista

Banned
I hope Muslim Gaf and Islam Critical Gaf can get along better in the future.

They’ll never agree, not ever, but hopefully a more peaceful agree-to-disagree can be reached, given that some of the best users on the site are on both sides. I see people that usually get along, being torn apart there, and it sucks.

Not casting blame in any direction, not have I read it studiously enough to do so. It just seems like, at a glance, everything just kind of exploded.
Yeah not when you fucking disrespect 1.8b and talk about them as like if they're same and making extremist violence exclusive to muslims

Its not hard to state your opinion without being disrespectful as if you know everything. Not talking about you in specific just to be clear here

-Arcadia-

Banned
Yeah not when you fucking disrespect 1.8b and talk about them as like if they're same and making extremist violence exclusive to muslims

Its not hard to state your opinion without being disrespectful as if you know everything. Not talking about you in specific just to be clear here

Yeah. I think, no matter what, these discussions will become heated, but something clearly went wrong yesterday.

If I seem uncharacteristically reserved in diving in, it’s because my favorite Gaffers really were split across sides there. If anything can ever get me to shut up, it’s not wanting to hurt friends, or take sides.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

While not all Muslims are violent, the majority of religious violence in modern times is Islamic. The IRA stopped years ago for instance and in general got the crusades and all that bullshit out of their syste many years ago, while Islamic separatism can be found in most countries that have a significant Muslim population as well as massive anti-semetism (anecdotally I work with a Muslim who it otherwise lovely but supports the Muslim Brotherhood and thinks Israel created ISIS), while non-Muslim minorities in many Muslim countries are treated pretty badly.

Mista

Banned
While not all Muslims are violent, the majority of religious violence in modern times is Islamic. The IRA stopped years ago for instance and in general got the crusades and all that bullshit out of their syste many years ago, while Islamic separatism can be found in most countries that have a significant Muslim population as well as massive anti-semetism (anecdotally I work with a Muslim who it otherwise lovely but supports the Muslim Brotherhood and thinks Israel created ISIS), while non-Muslim minorities in many Muslim countries are treated pretty badly.
Under islamic name doesn't make it "islamic" .. So shall I associate all those killings done by christians and jews to their religions? Thats fucking stupid

Terrorism has no religion. Someone claiming they belong to a religion doesn't make them actually represent that religion

When we saw all those whites killing innocent people our news outlets didn't say "look at those christians/jews killing all those innocent people"

No, they say it clearly "bunch of terrorists did that, a terrorist did this earlier today" But the lot of you are so obsessed in just pointing the fingers on muslims

Like we didn't have the KKK and all that shite during history. It doesn't bother me though, just shows how much I am educated and not ignorant thats all

Edit: Just to be clear. I am talking in general here and not meaning anyone specifically.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
respect is a twoway street

you can wutang clan memory hole islamic terror if you want, mista

i'll always love you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom