• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalAlien

Banned
Inspired by Barsinister Barsinister 's work in the Resetera vs GAF thread.

Tay's fate...3500 years ago.

2aXqhS5.jpg
Please don't ever draw again.

Epstein didn't kill himself!

Papa

Banned
I was a few seconds too slow in replying to G Gargus thread so I’m just gonna post my response here:

Very clumsy wording, OP.

You’re describing a dislike of particular cultures. That’s fine. I don’t like black ghetto culture either, but there are other similar cultures I don’t like that aren’t race-exclusive. Most people don’t understand that there is a difference between race and culture. The point of liberalism is that someone’s race, gender, etc. doesn’t define them culturally, i.e. a black person can subscribe to American cultural values. However, what we’re dealing with is this smoothbrained modern day bastardisation of classical liberalism that says people are intrinsically “equal”, not just under the law, but as some kind of evolutionarily-ignorant tabula rasa idea. It’s fundamentally flawed and a lot of the bad ideas about equal outcomes are downstream from it. So too is the idea that all cultures are equal, which I think is what you are referring to.

Black ghetto culture is not equal. Cardi B is not a productive member of society and does not deserve her fame or fortune. She’s not a role model and the fact that she has risen to such prominence is a sign of a corrupted system. Perhaps that there is too much — or preferential — social mobility. Someone like Ben Carson should be a black role model but he’s not because he has the wrong politics and “acts white”. The left’s soft bigotry of low expectations has disastrous outcomes when it raises lesser cultures to have an equal say in the direction and structuring of society. The goal should be to induct people into the majority culture irrespective of immutables, not dismantle culture and turn it into a free for all.

I was a few seconds too slow in replying to G Gargus thread so I’m just gonna post my response here:

Very clumsy wording, OP.

You’re describing a dislike of particular cultures. That’s fine. I don’t like black ghetto culture either, but there are other similar cultures I don’t like that aren’t race-exclusive. Most people don’t understand that there is a difference between race and culture. The point of liberalism is that someone’s race, gender, etc. doesn’t define them culturally, i.e. a black person can subscribe to American cultural values. However, what we’re dealing with is this smoothbrained modern day bastardisation of classical liberalism that says people are intrinsically “equal”, not just under the law, but as some kind of evolutionarily-ignorant tabula rasa idea. It’s fundamentally flawed and a lot of the bad ideas about equal outcomes are downstream from it. So too is the idea that all cultures are equal, which I think is what you are referring to.

Black ghetto culture is not equal. Cardi B is not a productive member of society and does not deserve her fame or fortune. She’s not a role model and the fact that she has risen to such prominence is a sign of a corrupted system. Perhaps that there is too much — or preferential — social mobility. Someone like Ben Carson should be a black role model but he’s not because he has the wrong politics and “acts white”. The left’s soft bigotry of low expectations has disastrous outcomes when it raises lesser cultures to have an equal say in the direction and structuring of society. The goal should be to induct people into the majority culture irrespective of immutables, not dismantle culture and turn it into a free for all.

Shut the fuck up.

Mista

Banned

Very clumsy wording, OP.

Never knew you were a wise man.

Very clumsy wording, OP.

C9m9Pp6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom