• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Stretched keyboard that I have to touch everywhere pisses me off

Thats why its only acceptable to me on the phone because its smaller ;p

Okay, that totally makes sense. That’s why I prefer the iPad Mini, and before that, other small tablets. I did the 9.7” iPad for a while, and that thing just felt completely ridiculous to try to hold and type on. I can’t believe they’re even bigger now.

Mista

Banned
Okay, that totally makes sense. That’s why I prefer the iPad Mini, and before that, other small tablets. I did the 9.7” iPad for a while, and that thing just felt completely ridiculous to try to hold and type on. I can’t believe they’re even bigger now.
They're getting absurdly bigger every new gen. They'll soon replace laptops..

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I’m surprised some people do anything forum/social on a PC. Feels like using a tank for a drive to the store, for a kind of sloppy metaphor.

I’ve been using small tablets forever for that kind of thing. Pick it up for a few seconds, read/post, put it back down. I can’t imagine sitting down to the PC to check something in the Meta thread, only to get back up a few seconds later.
You use a PC for the speed and PHYSICAL feel of a keyboard as you destroy others.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
IfzizDx.jpg

^ Like this.

I’m surprised some people do anything forum/social on a PC. Feels like using a tank for a drive to the store, for a kind of sloppy metaphor.

I’ve been using small tablets forever for that kind of thing. Pick it up for a few seconds, read/post, put it back down. I can’t imagine sitting down to the PC to check something in the Meta thread, only to get back up a few seconds later.
ZOOMER ALERT!!

MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima , I hope everything is going well. I don’t want to bother you, and you should update us only when it works for you, but rest assured, we’re still thinking of you.
Thank you so much for asking, -Arcadia- -Arcadia- :)

Thankfully, my Mom was taken to the hospital in a timely manner and they treated her situation quickly too. It turns our she suffered from congestive heart failure, which my sister didn't understand what the difference between a failure and an attack.

Both are deadly and serious in their own ways, but the good news is that heart failures don't result in the permanent damage of the heart, which an attack can do so. My mom was very lucky to have had a failure instead, and she's now recovering albeit slowly.

Prognosis is good in her case, and they will perform an Angioplasty for her after discovering the cause of her heart failure: clogged heart arteries which led the insufficient blood supply to the muscles of the heart.

The angioplasty became.a lot.more advanced these days so no need for an open surgery, thank god. What they will do os add catheters to the clogged arteries after they clear up the clogs using micro-machinery razors (really interesting tech they're using here).

Me and my family have been in touch with my Mother for the past 24 hours and it's been an emotional 24 hours, to say the least. I don't remember what I did yesterday besides speaking to my Mother, reassuring her again and again that her prognosis and treatment are very ideal for her situation. I also made sure to reassure my family as well that Mom is in good hands and that a full recovery is imminent post-operation.

I just want to thank all of you for you kind and warm wishes for my Mom's recovery. She's all alone with no privileges for visitors due to the coVid situation so internet communication has been a huge help to her. I'll be keeping in touch with my Mom as much as possible and I'll.let her know that GAF wishes her a speedy recovery.

Much love :messenger_heart:

eot

Banned

I don't have a tablet (don't feel like I need one) and I avoid browsing on my phone as much as I can, it's a much worse experience.

Papa

Banned

Thankfully, my Mom was taken to the hospital in a timely manner and they treated her situation quickly too. It turns our she suffered from congestive heart failure, which my sister didn't understand what the difference between a failure and an attack.

Both are deadly and serious in their own ways, but the good news is that heart failures don't result in the permanent damage of the heart, which an attack can do so. My mom was very lucky to have had a failure instead, and she's now recovering albeit slowly.

Prognosis is good in her case, and they will perform an Angioplasty for her after discovering the cause of her heart failure: clogged heart arteries which led the insufficient blood supply to the muscles of the heart.

The angioplasty became.a lot.more advanced these days so no need for an open surgery, thank god. What they will do os add catheters to the clogged arteries after they clear up the clogs using micro-machinery razors (really interesting tech they're using here).

Me and my family have been in touch with my Mother for the past 24 hours and it's been an emotional 24 hours, to say the least. I don't remember what I did yesterday besides speaking to my Mother, reassuring her again and again that her prognosis and treatment are very ideal for her situation. I also made sure to reassure my family as well that Mom is in good hands and that a full recovery is imminent post-operation.

I just want to thank all of you for you kind and warm wishes for my Mom's recovery. She's all alone with no privileges for visitors due to the coVid situation so internet communication has been a huge help to her. I'll be keeping in touch with my Mom as much as possible and I'll.let her know that GAF wishes her a speedy recovery.

you should make her a GAF account

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

Fingers crossed - sounds better than it did in your original post thank god, keep yourself sane by any means necessary - did out Death Stranding if that’s what will gets you through it. Good luck, hope everything works out and your mum comes out the other side a superhuman cyborg!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is it fasting if you eat twice a day? Is that how it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom