• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 28, 2020

May 26, 2020

Sorry, but self editing doesn't work as a get out of jail free card. Anyone with half a brain knows not to post recently leaked spoilers in a thread about another game. Perm upheld.

Is this a perm for Birdo or what?
Sounds like they upheld the decision to perm, which means, yes, perm. Odd that there is still an expiry date, though.

-Arcadia-

Banned
This list is going to be embarrassing, lol. New console, and I wanted to try it out in a bunch of different way so lots of new games to juggle.

-Rise of the Tomb Raider
-Forza Horizon 4
-Ori and the Will of the Wisps
-A Plague Tale
-The Outer Wilds
-Final Fantasy 7 R
-Continuing Fortnite addiction

My free time is generally booked for a while. 😋

All are fantastic games, though. I haven’t had this much sheer fun gaming in a while.

This list is going to be embarrassing, lol. New console, and I wanted to try it out in a bunch of different way so lots of new games to juggle.

-Rise of the Tomb Raider
-Forza Horizon 4
-A Plague Tale
-The Outer Wilds
-Final Fantasy 7 R

All are fantastic games, though. I haven’t had this much sheer fun gaming in a while.

Outer Wilds is in my backlog somewhere. I remember thinking it looked cool back when it came out

Nymphae

Banned
Hey thanks for the Gold Jare :messenger_fire: :messenger_heart:

CRhVJBw.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
Outer Wilds is in my backlog somewhere. I remember thinking it looked cool back when it came out

I’ve only played a little bit, but it really is.

Traveling in a tiny galaxy and following and uncovering story mysteries, by bits and pieces and rumors, is really cool. The space gameplay is also fun in a way we don’t see from games; trying to land on orbiting planets, dealing with variable gravity on the surfaces, and trying to make Zero G repairs in outer spaces a few examples.

All of this is enjoyable by itself.

Then I looked up to space as the game’s core concept kicked in, with a sun going supernova, and blast wave coming at me. :messenger_hushed:

This causes a Groundhog Day/Majora’s Mask time loop, and I adore this kind of storytelling device. Especially in games. I haven’t had a chance to play since, but Majora’s Mask in space, right down to a similar structure, is absolutely something I can get behind.

Just be sure to not get it confused with The Outer Worlds, lol

Edit: On GamePass if you want to give it a try.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
With the recent and still impending casualties among the ranks of notorious shitposters due the TLOU 2 spoiler crisis, I think we find ourselves in dire need of another source of steady low quality content #freebrap

If we change it to high quality, in his own way, I agree. He constantly made me laugh, and made things entertaining. He is sorely missed around here.

Someone willing to help a brother out? I am losing my patience

Need a 1440p 144hz monitor. 27"-30 max .. Can do 300-400 price

Thank you

Samsung CHG70 is a pretty nice monitor for the price, I use the 27 inch model

the HDR support is useless, always turn it off, but otherwise it has best in class input latency and solid image. 144hz, 1440p, easy to setup and the rtings.com config worked perfectly for me

Samsung CFG73 27" 144Hz 1ms QLED Curved FreeSync Gaming Monitor (LC27FG73FQNXZA) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071GRBWG6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

380 bucks according to Amazon

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Samsung CHG70 is a pretty nice monitor for the price, I use the 27 inch model

the HDR support is useless, always turn it off, but otherwise it has best in class input latency and solid image. 144hz, 1440p, easy to setup and the rtings.com config worked perfectly for me
Lovely. Thank you bro

What do you think of this

Jooxed

Gold Member

-Rise of the Tomb Raider
-Forza Horizon 4
-A Plague Tale
-The Outer Wilds
-Final Fantasy 7 R

Traitor.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Two more reactions and it’s 10K for me. :messenger_hushed:

Didn’t think I’d ever make it here. I expected to sign up, contribute my two cents, and blend. I just... was myself, and said all the things I wanted to say, regardless if I thought they’d go over well or not.

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. That my silly jokes made you laugh too, that the stuff that fascinated me was something you enjoyed as well, that me just being me on a legendary board where, by any right, I should just be a face in the crowd, meant something to you, all of it, makes me really, really happy.

(Hug) Thanks Gaf.

Mista

Banned

Didn’t think I’d ever make it here. I expected to sign up, contribute my two cents, and blend. I just... was myself, and said all the things I wanted to say, regardless if I thought they’d go over well or not.

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. That my silly jokes made you laugh too, that the stuff that fascinated me was something you enjoyed as well, that me just being me on a legendary board where, by any right, I should just be a face in the crowd, meant something to you, all of it, makes me really, really happy.

(Hug) Thanks Gaf.
We’re more than happy to have an amazing genuine person like you with us.

We’re a family here, we aren’t strangers in a gaming board. Never forget that👊🏼♥️

Papa

Banned

(Hug) Thanks Gaf.

shut the fuck up meryl

(Hug) Thanks Gaf.

They say after the first 10k, the next 10k just fly by

Im sure someone said that once, probably

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Someone willing to help a brother out? I am losing my patience

Need a 1440p 144hz monitor. 27"-30 max .. Can do 300-400 price

Thank you
I like these site to make TV and monitor buying decisions.

Using the comparison tool can help put all the things you care about into one easily sortable table

Since I'm a fan of motion clarity (RIP CRT & plasmas), I also like blur busters a lot.

They also started their own certification program. There is currently one monitor on the market that has it.

Mista

Banned
I like these site to make TV and monitor buying decisions.

Using the comparison tool can help put all the things you care about into one easily sortable table

Since I'm a fan of motion clarity (RIP CRT & plasmas), I also like blur busters a lot.

They also started their own certification program. There is currently one monitor on the market that has it.

Going to check all those links. Thank you man!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Going to check all those links. Thank you man!
You're welcome :)

Ultimately, when it comes to monitors there's always going to be some kind of a tradeoff, when you prioritize different characteristics like resolution, refresh rate, input lag, pixel response time, color reproduction, contrast ratio, motion clarity, peak brightness, etc. Like, a professional CS:GO player is probably not going to be looking for the same kind of a monitor that say, a person who loves cinematic plot driven games, or turn based RPGs, or simulation/strategy games. They're all looking for different qualities.

Linus also recently did a video on high performance gaming monitors.

Mista

Banned
You're welcome :)

Ultimately, when it comes to monitors there's always going to be some kind of a tradeoff, when you prioritize different characteristics like resolution, refresh rate, input lag, pixel response time, color reproduction, contrast ratio, motion clarity, peak brightness, etc. Like, a professional CS:GO player is probably not going to be looking for the same kind of a monitor that say, a person who loves cinematic plot driven games, or turn based RPGs, or simulation/strategy games. They're all looking for different qualities.

Linus also recently did a video on high performance gaming monitors.

I am almost pulling the trigger on the LG 27G850-B but I'll look for options

Its not for me, its for my cousin. I already have a superb monitor

I appreciate you! Oh and btw, saw that Linus video before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom