• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-N-E

kantbotspoiler.jpg

I do feel people place far too much importance on spoilers. I generally respect the social etiquette and feel it's a shitty thing to intentionally do to people, but on the other hand, I've had things like the main plot points in FF7 be spoiled for me during my first playthrough, and I don't know, there's so much more there, like the tweet says of literature. Nothing about the game was "ruined", you know what I mean? Of course I told my friend off for spoiling it at the time, but it was still awesome to see it unfold for myself. But the only thing I lost was that momentary discovery of an unfolding narrative. I have played the game probably half a dozen times and am looking at playing it again after Remake, because the experience as a whole is awesome.

I was gonna read that book, you butt.

Nymphae

Banned
I got TLoU 2 majorly spoiled thanks to fuckface DanielsM. Thread title was new release date for the game and inside was just a bunch of spoilers. Of course the biggest one was at the top. Clicked right out and 2 seconds later mods deleted the thread.

I've should've known better but why do that? What a fucking piece of shit. In just one second he ruined the whole game. Fucking trash human, I hope he chokes on some fucking Doritos, goddamn asshole. Your not safe anywhere these days. Fucking hate people.

This is the kind of attitude I don't get. I can understand being annoyed at the person and a little disappointed you don't get to have the surprises yourself....but look at the hostility here. Is the reaction proportional to what was lost? "Ruined the whole game"?

Barnabot

This is the kind of attitude I don't get. I can understand being annoyed at the person and a little disappointed you don't get to have the surprises yourself....but look at the hostility here. Is the reaction proportional to what was lost? "Ruined the whole game"?
according to some people , yes. what if the game was not that good to buy day-one afterall since not knowing the spoiler details was the only thing kepting one's interest into buying the game day one in the first place?

Nymphae

Banned
Seriously why can't people just not log in? Why request temp bans?

I agree with you, the answer seems to be that this helps people to entirely avoid the habit of checking in now and then by forcing the hand (but really it's only stopping you from replying, I'm sure some of these requested bans still read the forum during time off), but yeah, it's like if you have some shit to do or need a break, just do it.

Last edited:

StormCell

Yes mate. If you need to get the most of that card, you need a 144hz monitor with g-sync

Trust me, you'll be in another world

Reading your words brings me one step closer to doing a new build this year. I think I am going to return to PC gaming this year, and then maybe holiday 2021 I will decide between PS5 and Series X.

Mista

Banned
Reading your words brings me one step closer to doing a new build this year. I think I am going to return to PC gaming this year, and then maybe holiday 2021 I will decide between PS5 and Series X.
Do it. I made a PC couple of months ago and every time I play on the Pro and X1X its just not the same anymore

Thanks mate. I think I’m gonna go for it 😃
Most welcome. I’ll be joining you in WoW if that’s alright :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Flintty

Do it. I made a PC couple of months ago and every time I play on the Pro and X1X its just not the same anymore

Most welcome. I’ll be joining you in WoW if that’s alright :messenger_sunglasses:

You’d be absolutely more than welcome. I’m a scrub Alliance though 😆

Mista

Banned
You’d be absolutely more than welcome. I’m a scrub Alliance though 😆
Thanks! I failed a whole school year back in the day because I skipped 3 months in total playing WoW. So this time maybe I’ll be more cautious :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Its alright as long as you aren’t a mage because thats me baby:messenger_sunglasses:

Flintty

Thanks! I failed a whole school year back in the day because I skipped 3 months in total playing WoW. So this time maybe I’ll be more cautious :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Its alright as long as you aren’t a mage because thats me baby:messenger_sunglasses:

Lol yeah the game used to grab me like that. I sub is small chunks these days though.

Been a Warlock main since I started in 2006 but I’m only playing DH (tank) at the moment because trying to get a Mythic+ group on my lock is a chore!

Flintty

Oh I am a Warlock in every game that offers me classes. I was born to be a Warlock mate :D

No wonder why I like you so much :messenger_sunglasses:

Great minds!
I also always go for the most warlock type class. We are kindred!

The reason I went DH is because during the Cata beta, they made a Demonology glyph that essentially let warlocks tank. It worked and it was fucking awesome. Then they randomly removed it.

Then DHs came along and to my surprise, had much of the toolkit they took from locks. I’d be tanking on my lock if I could

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Thanks EviLore EviLore and Mod of War: Remastered Mod of War: Remastered and all other staffers who have to wade through videogame spoilers, ban users to keep things clean, and erase posts for the sake of the rest of us. I'm not exactly hunting for them but I haven't seen any spoilers yet.

Sorry if you were looking forward to the game(s) being spoilered. Your sacrifice does not go unnoticed.

730.gif
I hope and suspect that this job is being done by mods who do not care about the game in question. The team should be big enough to make that possible right? Anyway, good job. Even though I do not care about TLoU2 (or video game stories outside of vns in general), it is good to notice I have not seen a single spoiler for it on this site.

I hope and suspect that this job is being done by mods who do not care about the game in question. The team should be big enough to make that possible right? Anyway, good job. Even though I do not care about TLoU2 (or video game stories outside of vns in general), it is good to notice I have not seen a single spoiler for it on this site.

I was gonna say, it kinda sucks that being a mod means you’re gonna have to be the first and really only line of defense for any any and all spoilers. Hopefully it’s not ruining their fun too, whether it’s games, movies, whatever

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

No, most of us are interested in TLOU 2. Just doing what needs to be done for the sake of everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom