• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowhat

So I'm not complaining about the mods or anything, I just found this rather amusing.

I wake up today to five "LOL" notifications on my phone, but I look at the thread title - "isn't that ancient?" (it was, about Druckmann becoming VP of ND). But I have no recollection of what I wrote. So I click on the notification, only to find out that my comment has been removed by a mod. To those of you who found it amusing, you're welcome. To those who found it offensive, apologies. I still have no idea what I wrote.

What happened to MHK?

Nevermind, just read it.

taking a break for personal reasons

Hey everyone,

So just a quick update: I'll be off the grid for the next 3 weeks as I approach the end of Ramadan and want to focus on that and focus on supporting my Mother as much as possible.

She's underwent an angiogram and found minor stenosis in her coronary artery, which is not bad to say the least. However, she's still struggling with recovering from a decreased ejection fraction from 50% to 25% which happens when someone gets a heart failure.

It's been difficult for her to adjust to this new situation for her and I want to be there for her every day and night even though we are thousands of.miles away from.each other.

I realized that I'm also not in the best state of mind and that brings out the worst in me and I don't want to externalize that on GAF through my posts. So I'll be requesting a self-ban until May 27th so I can gain some much needed rest from the rollercoaster that is NeoGAF.

Love you all (even you, @Stiflers Mom) and make sure to stay inside your homes as much as possible or else the BTs will get you ;)

Sayonara! :messenger_heart: 💙

Last edited:
What happened to MHK?

2676494-1107521953-18948.gif

Jooxed

Gold Member
I probably won’t be posting as much for a while guys Mista Mista and -Arcadia- -Arcadia- take care of the Nintendo GAF thread.

We had our first case of COVID-19 show up in our healthcare facility and our first death so our staff is now afraid to come to work and we are waiting on the CDC to come in and test. I guess you think you’re doing everything right to keep it out of the building and it won’t happen to you but you never know.

Stay safe GAF.

Mista

Banned
I probably won’t be posting as much for a while guys Mista Mista and -Arcadia- -Arcadia- take care of the Nintendo GAF thread.

We had our first case of COVID-19 show up in our healthcare facility and our first death so our staff is now afraid to come to work and we are waiting on the CDC to come in and test. I guess you think you’re doing everything right to keep it out of the building and it won’t happen to you but you never know.

Stay safe GAF.
Stay safe brother and I wish you all the best. Try to update us when you can. God speed

-Arcadia-

Banned

Stay safe GAF.

Can do. Hang in there. Unnerving times, but all we can do is press forward and live our lives, albeit as smartly as possible.

I would give you an internet hug, but everyone laughs at me, or says ‘huggle alert’ every time I do. 😋

Be safe, and keep us updated.

I love the ambient music in the Area 51 level too. Then playing the sequel Invisible War and coming across the gray alien in Mako Ballistics (which would attack you in the original but not the sequel unless you attacked first).

bronk

Banned
I love the ambient music in the Area 51 level too. Then playing the sequel Invisible War and coming across the gray alien in Mako Ballistics (which would attack you in the original but not the sequel unless you attacked first).
I loved Invisible War too. The ragdoll physics always made me laugh.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Where's my internet hug? :lollipop_crying:

This is Gaf. No hugs, only culling of the weak. :messenger_sunglasses:

(Hug) Hope all is well during these times.

Is there a reason on the gaming side there aren't Xbox and Playstation OTs that get used by their respective groups?

Wildlife preservation program, lol. Nintendo fans on Gaf are an endangered species.

That said, I’d love some more OTs where you can just kind of talk causally about your favorite systems, and not just strictly about whatever the thread is about. I think that would open up new kinds of discussion — not everything is thread-worthy after all.

bronk

Banned
This is Gaf. No hugs, only culling of the weak. :messenger_sunglasses:

(Hug) Hope all is well during these times.

Wildlife preservation program, lol. Nintendo fans on Gaf are an endangered species.

That said, I’d love some more OTs where you can just kind of talk causally about your favorite systems, and not just strictly about whatever the thread is about. I think that would open up new kinds of discussion — not everything is thread-worthy after all.
If I still play my 3ds very regulary can I sneak into Nintendo Gaf? Im a weirdo...3ds>switch
I'm on a rotation of ps4, 360 and 3ds. What team am I on? Team games? Yes! As we all should be. Console warring dorks make me lose all energy in my body reading their posts.

-Arcadia-

Banned
If I still play my 3ds very regulary can I sneak into Nintendo Gaf? Im a weirdo...3ds>switch
I'm on a rotation of ps4, 360 and 3ds. What team am I on? Team games? Yes! As we all should be. Console warring dorks make me lose all energy in my body reading their posts.

I mean, I don’t think I’m an authority on the matter, but absolutely, lol

I still love the 3D on the 3DS, even with an Xbox One X, Switch, etc. Nothing like that will happen again for traditional games for a long time. Playing certain games like Ocarina of Time, there’s still a sense of real space unlike anything else.

Also, checked the Xbox One backwards compatibility list. Sad face. You guys have me really wanting to play Invisible War again. I never got far into it, but it seemed really cool. Is there any kind of remaster anywhere? Console peasantry, I know. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

bronk

Banned

I still love the 3D on the 3DS, even with an Xbox One X, Switch, etc. Nothing like that will happen again for traditional games for a long time. Playing certain games like Ocarina of Time, there’s still a sense of real space unlike anything else.

Also, checked the Xbox One backwards compatibility list. Sad face. You guys have me really wanting to play Invisible War again. I never got far into it, but it seemed really cool. Is there any kind of remaster anywhere? Console peasantry, I know. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Is it not backwards compatible to xbox one? But no remaster unfortunately. I'd like to replay it myself. Im consoles only too. If they can remaster a game like Rogue Trooper (which I love) we can get some Invisible War.

On another unrelated note. I miss all the retro game talk here on Gaf I dont see too much of it anymore. Either that or I'm not looking well enough. I feel like I have alot to share but well dont really. I should make some threads but if it isnt teraflop talk no one cares. 😢

-Arcadia-

Banned
Is it not backwards compatible to xbox one? But no remaster unfortunately. I'd like to replay it myself. Im consoles only too. If they can remaster a game like Rogue Trooper (which I love) we can get some Invisible War.

On another unrelated note. I miss all the retro game talk here on Gaf I dont see too much of it anymore. Either that or I'm not looking well enough. I feel like I have alot to share but well dont really. I should make some threads but if it isnt teraflop talk no one cares. 😢

It’s not. I was surprised, as I consider that a pretty big game. But it’s cool that they’ve done what they have — just would have been a nice addition. Plus, I still own the disk from fifteen years ago, which is pretty crazy that that works, and would have been fun to test out.

About retro stuff, I agree. Be the change you seek, though. There certainly are a lot of Teraflop warriors, but put something cool out there, and who knows?

There is an unofficial remaster for the first Deus Ex on Steam but just the base version of Invisible War (Xbox and PC) last I checked. And you have to be patient with the PC version of Invisible War, remember to save often since every time you load a different part of a level or switch levels, it momentarily takes you out of the game which after 6-7 times causes the game to crash. I think it's something to do with the number of cores or threads and how the game handles data cache.

Then when you start playing it you have to remember that the ammo you use is universal, meaning no matter what weapon you use that loses ammo, you lose the same amount for other weapons in your inventory. It's fucking weird, I know. But it's worth struggling through to see much better realized multiple endings (actual cutscenes) and plot-twists along the way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom