• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

brap

Banned
I got you, fam

avril-lavigne-wp.jpg
gross

Tesseract

Banned
For those of you who like my rambling run on sentence structure when I don't I'm not at my computer and I'm busy so what I do is I hit a button on my phone and it records what I'm saying and then I just hit post at the end of it and you know some people like that some people think it's interesting and then when I'm at home and I'm on my computer you know what I'll type out a post better but for now I'm going to do it like this and this is the way it's going to be
do what thou wilt, comrade explosive

notseqi

Gold Member
For those of you who like my rambling run on sentence structure when I don't I'm not at my computer and I'm busy so what I do is I hit a button on my phone and it records what I'm saying and then I just hit post at the end of it and you know some people like that some people think it's interesting and then when I'm at home and I'm on my computer you know what I'll type out a post better but for now I'm going to do it like this and this is the way it's going to be
IgotthegistofitbutIamreallynotsureifthisisthewaytogoforwardbecauseasmuchasIdidenjoyyourinputitsgettinghardertoread.

Is there a reason why you are doing this?

All right so I'm not going to pretend that there aren't users who told her in this kind of treatment but here's the thing...

The way this forum operates a lot of the time is counter to how people operate. Think about it this way let's say someone I don't know maybe me let's say that I prefer the PS4 to the Xbox one. Now normally when someone prefers one thing to another there's reasons for it there's things about the thing they like that are good to them and there's things about the thing that they like less that are bad to them right?

So the problem becomes when you decide to express what it is you like better about one thing or worse about another its suddenly considered console warring. However there's no rule that you can't have the preference. So what this seems to boil down to that it's more okay to simply prefer something and not give a reason because the second you give a reason you're saying something that will trigger someone.

So like if I just tell you I think the PS4 is better no one's going to be mad. But if I tell you I like the PS4 better because it has good exclusives because I like the controller better or something like that now it's console warring right? Like it's better to someone I'm a mindless drone who has no real good reason to prefer one console to another.

To be fair this isn't true of everyone plenty of people here get it. But there's also a good deal of people who don't and consider everything offensive. The weirdest part is it's like the opposite of how politics is handled, the problem posters are the ones who just like Biden no matter what. The ones you can talk to are the ones who actually discuss individual issues. The kind of tribalism that results in dogmatic acceptance of anything your candidate says is not accepted in politics on neogaf. However we're more than welcoming of people who are incapable of being critical of their console choice in fact the people who are truly the problem are the people who can pick out issues with one console or another and articulate them.

Have I got this summed up pretty well?

Look at this console warrior.

Honestly I'd rather not be. Some people argue they like having options and I guess I do as well but I don't actually think I have options this generation.

Like if you look at it from my perspective as a big fan of the souls franchise even if the series x is the demonstrably better console it's not the one I can buy or at least it's not the first choice.

I still think I want to get it as well it really all depends on how I'm feeling financially in 2021 2021 should be a big year for me. I can't say why because I give away enough personal information on here anyways if I'm doing well in 2021 I might just build a supercomputer for some crap and then I wouldn't really need a series x cuz I can play everything on the computer.

But because of the exclusives on PlayStation 5 I have to be a part of their console experience. I'm kind of at a dilemma with how I feel about exclusivity because part of me believes these games being exclusive it's part of why they're so well done.

Look at third party games and what do you see the big AAA games are basically the same game all the time they just keep repainting the same thing every few years or sometimes every year.

Then you'll get these actual passion projects like outer worlds but they don't have the money to make it actually good like they clearly have ideas and they clearly have the passion to do something good but what they end up with is so middling and I don't know if it's finances that are the problem I don't know if they just lost all the people who are actually smart I just don't know. But it beats playing fallout 76 let me tell you.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Honestly I'd rather not be. Some people argue they like having options and I guess I do as well but I don't actually think I have options this generation.

Like if you look at it from my perspective as a big fan of the souls franchise even if the series x is the demonstrably better console it's not the one I can buy or at least it's not the first choice.

I still think I want to get it as well it really all depends on how I'm feeling financially in 2021 2021 should be a big year for me. I can't say why because I give away enough personal information on here anyways if I'm doing well in 2021 I might just build a supercomputer for some crap and then I wouldn't really need a series x cuz I can play everything on the computer.

But because of the exclusives on PlayStation 5 I have to be a part of their console experience. I'm kind of at a dilemma with how I feel about exclusivity because part of me believes these games being exclusive it's part of why they're so well done.

Look at third party games and what do you see the big AAA games are basically the same game all the time they just keep repainting the same thing every few years or sometimes every year.

Then you'll get these actual passion projects like outer worlds but they don't have the money to make it actually good like they clearly have ideas and they clearly have the passion to do something good but what they end up with is so middling and I don't know if it's finances that are the problem I don't know if they just lost all the people who are actually smart I just don't know. But it beats playing fallout 76 let me tell you.

Issa joke, silly.

I can warrior your console

what does that even mean

Reported.

PeBOQVX.jpg

Just thought it was odd. I know Reagan was in and out of the white house for years smooshing all the presidents and then he sneaks into Rocky Horror.
I never watch that movie is it actually good I always thought it looked degenerate to be fair most things I watch are degenerate so I don't know what I mean by that but maybe you know what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom