• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fake

Gold Member
fEYXmvd.jpg
keZfNUs.jpg
JtaHo6n.jpg
aTfVJDA.jpg
WU0zibR.jpg
8GOZLoZ.jpg
SfLUtH9.jpg
7bKTVhp.jpg
NG0YsqH.jpg
eC69pHx.jpg
ai9LN18.jpg
pI0T1o7.jpg
TkGEL4K.jpg

WTF?

bronk

Banned
I have to admit I didn’t fully realize this until a smarter Gaf poster pointed it out, but BluRayHiDef is so transparently trying to bait the forum into committing social justice sins in every thread, likely so he can point at Gaf and say, ‘See?’

If it’s not quite that, there is still something seriously wrong/suspicious about that poster.
He literally blocks his tv with toys and dolls. His name is BluRayHiDef so you would think the tv screen would be clear for hi def glory, but no. That shit is weird and I'd never trust someone who does that.

Last edited:
Poor Schrödinger's cat Schrödinger's cat is having a meltdown in politics right now.

reasons mona GIF
Meltdown? Hardly.

I just happen to know how shallow and predictable people can be, and how they are unable to exercise any impulse control.
Pointing it out in advance and letting clowns rush in to prove me right doesn't have a negative impact on me at all.

Perhaps you'd like to participate and engage directly with considered counterpoint and substantiated argument instead of ducking-and-jabbing from this thread?

Don't worry, I shan't think any less of you if you don't.

Last edited:

Richard Packer

Gold Member
Meltdown? Hardly.

I just happen to know how shallow and predictable people can be, and how they are unable to exercise any impulse control.
Pointing it out in advance and letting clowns rush in to prove me right doesn't have a negative impact on me at all.

Perhaps you'd like to participate and engage directly with considered counterpoint and substantiated argument instead of ducking-and-jabbing from this thread?

Don't worry, I shan't think any less of you if you don't.

I would think less of me if I participated.

With regards to PoliGAF, it's interesting to me how many "conservatives" were actually fair-weather fans and now that the tides have turned, they've turned right along with them.

Some of them haven't turned they just stopped posting. But yes. I'm not fairweather with my political views but I also don't manage stress well, if I disappear that's why.
Poor Schrödinger's cat Schrödinger's cat is having a meltdown in politics right now.

reasons mona GIF

God, shut up.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
E Explosive Zombie , I think Tesseract Tesseract covered the POLITICS section of your post perfectly so I'll move on to the other problem that is plaguing you. Have you tried putting people on ignore, not replying to them or actually ignoring them altogether? If you think somebody is being way too much of an asshole or if they have a NICE TAG that literally tells you to report them when they are doing "x" thing do that. A forum is a place you come to chat with (like eh somewhat) minded individuals or randoms that have some level of tact between each other. Once a person shows it has none it is best to move on. Happy year of the cow META GAF!

Last edited by a moderator:
E Explosive Zombie , I think Tesseract Tesseract covered the POLITICS section of your post perfectly so I'll move on to the other problem that is plaguing you. Have you tried putting people on ignore, not replying to them or actually ignoring them altogether? If you think somebody is being way too much of an asshole or if they have a NICE TAG that literally tells you to report them when they are doing "x" thing do that. A forum is a place you come to chat with (like eh somewhat) minded individuals or randoms that have some level of tact between each other. Once a person shows it has none it is best to move on. Happy year of the cow META GAF!

I'm actually better about such things than I once was. I used to post on Rotten Tomatoes when they had forums and I was basically a cocktail of anger issues and an OCD need to respond to everything that upset me. If those fuckers could see me now they'd be impressed by my new-found restraint by comparison. Not a fan of banning, though, I used to get banned from RT all the time lol... also back when I went online using AOL oh man, how many new names did I need to make to come back?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually better about such things than I once was. I used to post on Rotten Tomatoes when they had forums and I was basically a cocktail of anger issues and an OCD need to respond to everything that upset me. If those fuckers could see me now they'd be impressed by my new-found restraint by comparison. Not a fan of banning, though, I used to get banned from RT all the time lol... also back when I went online using AOL oh man, how many new names did I need to make to come back?
I'm assuming, for you to name someone you have already tried to be civil and they have been anything but. At that point what is the point of discourse between you and (them)? Also I had no idea Rotten Tomatoes had a forum.

I'm assuming, for you to name someone you have already tried to be civil and they have been anything but. At that point what is the point of discourse between you and (them)? Also I had no idea Rotten Tomatoes had a forum.

They had a very active forum, in fact. It was more about movies but the video game section was a great community and some of my best friends TO THIS DAY were met there. There was a point when someone else bought Rotten Tomatoes, maybe IGN? And they made it harder to find the forums, most new users ended up just in comments sections for specific films/under critic reviews... then they got rid of that because of "toxic fandoms" attacking certain critics and then eventually they completely dissolved the forums as well. Some of those people ended up on other forums as a result, some even ended up here, heck this big goofball asshole who everyone didn't like named SolidChamp ended up on GAF and was one of the people who went REEEE at Evilore and demanded a perma ban so he could fly off to Reetardera. Wow, fuck that guy. Another guy I'm still friends with, Deadscreensky, posted here for a while but has been pretty absent as of recent, he's also from Rotten Tomatoes.

This isn't so much about people being civil with me in most cases, my main trouble with PoliGAF lately is the dominant voices have switched to the people we all knew were bad actors. I could just ignore them all, I guess, but the good posters barely post any more, the way the quality voices used to drown out the bad actors has reversed into the opposite to the point knobs like Dick Packer over here will claim Schrödinger's cat Schrödinger's cat is having a meltdown when he's posting the same way he always is, it's just he's getting ganged up on in a way he never did before because he was one smart, rational voice in a sea of others and the bad actors were just a minority. Not to pat myself on the back but I don't feel me abandoning people like him will help things much but man this shit is upsetting, you know people riot when their stupid sports team loses, imagine caring that much about something that stupid and then transplant that to someone invested in politics and the trajectory of the entire country. The Patriots winning the super bowl doesn't mean they get to decide for the next 4 years how football is conducted but for some reason it upsets people far more than a creepy, senile pedophile who outright told us he'd do horrible bullshit to the country entering office.

I hear you on what you're saying, though, and I'm definitely going to re-assess how I deal with stuff. Getting worked up in a forum for video games isn't going to change anything, I've gotta focus on things that make me feel good and get rid of my stress so ignoring some of these people might be the best option. I was just watching a fun movie called Wolf of Snow Hollow and it's about a cop's nervous breakdown/combat with alcoholism in the face of terrible murders in his small town, what not being able to change events does to him, I feel a bit like him except I have even less control over this stuff.

bronk

Banned
Your tag should be "banned from Rotten Tomatoes"

Your tag should be "banned from Rotten Tomatoes"

On RT I would usually return within an hour after being banned under a new name. There was one particular night where they banned me about 15 times I'd say. They always eventually gave up and let me stay for a while until I went too far again. The last one was the worst one, though, I want to say we're talking around 2012 because I remember wanting to make a new name to argue about the movie Prometheus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom