• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymphae

Banned
those phrases often make you seem smug or superior to others which is an ugly way to present yourself or good information

Yes exactly, I would take the same argument in a much better way if it was more uniquely worded. It dulls the impact of your message after a while to lean on these things, NI does this a lot with different phrases.

Tesseract

Banned
Yes exactly, I would take the same argument in a much better way if it was more uniquely worded. It dulls the impact of your message after a while to lean on these things, NI does this a lot with different phrases.
i try to nudge ni when i can (there's hope yet)

we're all guilty tho of something or another, lord knows i need to learn how to write longer formats

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Would explain why he's into using the phrase "Big Brain."
1cT9.gif

Dear Richard Packer Richard Packer ,

I trust this post finds you well. 21 minutes have passed since your missive reached me and it affected me profoundly.

Father is doing well, but toils in the fields far more than he should. He insists that this year's harvest will be the most important, but I lay awake at night dreading the cost it may yet have on his heart. Mother is still sick with the fever. The good Doctor has prescribed a further course of leeches but, I confess, I question the effectiveness of this approach but dare not air my doubts for it is not my place to do so.

It pains me that the malady that affects you has tightened its grip. What we first perceived as misplaced but benign petulance has now evolved into a malevolent parasite, devouring the limited wit-vessels and attacking the integrity glands. I questioned the Doctor about these symptoms (do not fear, Mr. Packer, I did not use your real name) and after considerable thought and no small amount of visible consternation, did he take me to one side and whisper that such traits come from laying with beasts and vermin. Oh, Mr Packer! I fear to know of this morbid fetish and the ailments it brings.

I have decided the only way I can help you is to add you to my nightly prayers. May Lord Yeezy answer them and His light cleanse your troubled venereal organs.

Forgive me, Mr. Packer, for I lack both the financial means and the moral decay to punctuate words with integrity-free emojis.

Yours, at a clinically appropriate distance,

S. Cat esq.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
Dear Richard Packer Richard Packer ,

I trust this post finds you well. 21 minutes have passed since your missive reached me and it affected me profoundly.

Father is doing well, but toils in the fields far more than he should. He insists that this year's harvest will be the most important, but I lay awake at night dreading the cost it may yet have on his heart. Mother is still sick with the fever. The good Doctor has prescribed a further course of leeches but, I confess, I question the effectiveness of this approach but dare not air my doubts for it is not my place to do so.

It pains me that the malady that affects you has tightened its grip. What we first perceived as misplaced but benign petulance has now evolved into a malevolent parasite, devouring the limited wit-vessels and attacking the integrity glands. I questioned the Doctor about these symptoms (do not fear, Mr. Packer, I did not use your real name) and after considerable thought and no small amount of visible consternation, did he take me to one side and whisper that such traits come from laying with beasts and vermin. Oh, Mr Packer! I fear to know of this morbid fetish and the ailments it brings.

I have decided the only way I can help you is to add you to my nightly prayers. May Lord Yeezy answer them and His light cleanse your troubled venereal organs.

Forgive me, Mr. Packer, for I lack both the financial means and the moral decay to punctuate words with integrity-free emojis.

Yours, at a clinically appropriate distance,

S. Cat esq.
Have patience. Your time will come. Believe.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
My most hated copy/paste thought is "You do realize X, right?"
I've used that phrase before, but I try to limit that nowadays ever since it's become so overplayed. Oftentimes it's a precursor of some lame ass passive aggressive point scoring.

I prefer to convey my own passive aggressive point scoring as directly as possible.

Tesseract

Banned
Thanks for asking!
Some off the top of my head but I love so much though. I can talk nes/snes games and music forever.

River City Ransom
Bad News Baseball
Rygar
Cabal
Archon
Blades of Steel
fond memories of that era

i played rygar again last year, holds up well

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
I did as well. I really love the music in that game. It was pretty advanced at the time as an adventure game. Needed a password or save feature.

What games do you like?
ninja gaiden
mega man 2
castlevania
the guardian legend
rbi baseball
super contra
batman
metal storm
power blade
battletoads
rad racer