• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I don’t get it. Someone care to explain?
GPUewHl.jpg

I know you know.

TrainedRage

Banned
What the hell is all this stemming from honestly?

So many good members banned and no reason given. No talk from the mods, now ban thread are getting locked?

haxan7

Banned
Yeah, look at the ban list. Its not just bots and alts it prominent members who have been here for years and are pretty cool. Its just weird, and feels like some sudden change.
They made their choice. We are guests in EviLore EviLore ’s house. Play by his rules or don’t play at all, there’s no need to be a drama queen about it. I didn’t chime in earlier but I probably should have, might have influenced some people to not act that way.

TrainedRage

Banned
They made their choice. We are guests in EviLore EviLore ’s house. Play by his rules or don’t play at all, there’s no need to be a drama queen about it. I didn’t chime in earlier but I probably should have, might have influenced some people to not act that way.
I get he has the right to ban who ever he wants, it just seems like a change happened. Maybe I didn't keep up with some events or something but I know I started posting here because I didn't have to walk on eggshells and could talk politics and general shit-talk and joke around. I may be wrong, but it seems like things tightened down and there is less of a warning or temp period and now more of a permanent thing. Its hard too keep up, really. For example recently Nymphae and Metal Alien were banned and I have no idea why.

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
I get he has the right to ban who ever he wants, it just seems like a change happened. Maybe I didn't keep up with some events or something but I know I started posting here because I didn't have to walk on eggshells and could talk politics and general shit-talk and joke around. I may be wrong, but it seems like things tightened down and there is less of a warning or temp period and now more of a permanent thing. Its hard too keep up, really. For example recently Nymphae and Metal Alien were banned and I have no idea why.
They were part of the Matt clique. I can pretty much promise you they knew their bans were coming and only hastened it along.

BigBooper

It has. I have no idea why specifically, but I'd guess it has something to do with mass censorship of alternative media and the fear of losing advertising and possibly hosting because of it. Either that or the Boss just got tired of it. Look at the disappearance of any edgy topics...Clown World renaming and then erasing...etc.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
After spectating the various Meta threads for the last month or so, it seemed like there was a clique of posters that didn’t take well to the new rules after the first batch of posters got banned. So I’m guessing EL got tired of the month long meta commentary on the rules that led to various account suicides out of “solidarity” and basically every second chance poster being unable to rehabilitate.

I’m sure there’s offsite and discord stuff going on also because that’s always a thing in these situations.

BigBooper

I’m sure there’s offsite and discord stuff going on also because that’s always a thing in these situations.
A pitifully petty situation if true. Surely not. I like posting and I liked most of the ones getting banned too, but I would have zero interest in that kind of juvenile drama.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
From an entirely selfish point of view, this absolutely sucks. So many people I enjoyed shooting the shit with gone and I'll never get to again because I didn't have any sort of contact information outside of GAF. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the bans, but I'm so tired of all of this

People need to stop going full retard and attempt to wreack havock.

Unfortunately we're alll anonymous internet posters so...

Naibel

People flamming out and uber-reacting to pretty sensible rule changes (who aren't affectting anyone outside of the Politics board) makes me think their relationship to NeoGAF was pretty unhealthy to begin with.

People shouldn't spend that much time on Internet forums and shouldn't make this such a huge part of their identity. What about doing something more meaningful and productive with the people closer to you ? I dunno, I thought they were smarter than this... That aside, that whole kerfuffle is certainly saddening. A lot of them will be missed :-(

"Please don't put your life in the hands of a rock-and-roll band Internet forum members.
Who'll throw it all away..."

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
What kind of creepy shit is this. Some random scumbag with a telephoto lens filming girls enjoying their day together. Set to jaunty music of course, less creepy that way.
i believe they're a bunch of k-pop stars in their training session or something? Not strange for them to be filmed then.
They are public and not doing anything in secret.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
A few attention seekers ruined our hard work. Can't say I really appreciate that.

I disagree. You can’t shut down a rehabilitation center bc one guy goes of the rails. I hope we see the ban thread back soon. There is a good there that fostered community development.

To all the guys that got their account closed incase you’re reading this. Goodluck in life and keep safe.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
A few attention seekers ruined our hard work. Can't say I really appreciate that.

Some people cross a threshold and poof man, just like that.

I don’t know if it’s their specific case, but in the case of my ex-friend once he started going soros this, gates that, white genocide, n word this n word that it’s like if a flip got switched.

I mean I remember him explaining to me how he was denying his parents and parents in law videoconferencing rights to his daughter so she wouldn’t get used to social media.

I’m not saying the troublemakers were of this particular persuasion, I’m just saying people get fucked up online and sometimes it’s hard to see behind the facade of a witty poster who likes the same things you do.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Now don't you go doing anything, buddy. You're the poster who makes me laugh the most.

Nah, I won't do that. I'll keep shitting on woke people, commies and bad policy makers till my time comes. Sad to see such valuable members, long time contributors go. I have a profound respect for some of those guys that have been banned in the days gone and I wish them well and safety.

My concern is the ban thread, hope that get reactivated in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom