• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need your sympathy. Or your pity. If I die. Then I die.

MY ANCESTORS ARE SMILING AT ME MANOFONE. CAN YOU SAY THE SAME??????????

Seriously though. Thank you for the gesture. Even if we disagree a lot I value your input and your presence.

gay GIF

Peggies

Gold Member
Jobwise quiet because we're in the process of transitioning our big customer(tm) to new stuff that will replace their entire software backend and frontend. So it comes and goes in waves. Last week was crazy, this one is zzz.

Socialwise quiet because of the @#~@ lockdowns. Had dinner with this girl I know.
Jobwise: I think both sucks in its own way - having too much or nothing to do.

Socialwise: Hope it was a nice dinner and a nice girl! I miss going out to eat so much. And Pubs.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Like many others, I've requested an account closure. I'm not angry; just disappointed. This was a great place to hang out for a couple years, and I'll miss it.
Bro noo. I really enjoyed your posts. I guess keeping it real is a real thing, but man :/ Why you go do it like that.
Not surprised the ban thread got banned. Was turning abit toxic at Times.

Not surprised zombie came back and acted like that. Was a retard before his first banning.
It was kinda fuming already and the fact it turned into a honeypot may have just taken the cake.
The aftermath though with that landslide of account closures however is even more surprising.

And Zombie... well, the terminology that was used bears no repetition. Those were just very stinky posts and a slap in the face of being allowed to return.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The Tits and Butt threads are still open. I've been checking every hour with batted breath since this morning. Even the Thighs thread is getting some love. I think the worse has passed, everything will be alright boys. Carry on.

I don't recall EL hinting that those are up for removal? I think he just said "redheads are life" in response to a question about fetish threads and that was the closest I remember him coming to mentioning it.

I'd even argue that those threads are more in the "fun" category that they've been wanting to emphasize over the political stuff.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Really surprised the ban thread is locked. That was one of the best parts of this forum that banning decisions were open and could be talked about and discussed.

Feels like a step back towards the old ways I thought we were all determined not to go back to.

I think some things like that may come back in time. I'm not necessarily expecting it but it's certainly possible.

The problem is that even a month later we still haven't gotten to a place where the dust has actually settled yet since people are still dipping out in protest of the new rules.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Hello! Does anybody lift weights or fuck?
Both, yes.

Sad to see all the rage quits. I can understand that it can be hard for some to deal with a change of rules, but how about watching how it develops when the dust has settled instead of trying to burn everything down on a mere suspicion? I had my fair share of squibbles with Papa Matt, Hari and others that are gone now, but I am sure that the forum could have ended up a place where they could have felt fine still. In particular, I think those are users that are not really affected by the rule changes anyway, even if one were to judge their postings from before according to the current rule set.

Hostile_18

Banned
I think some things like that may come back in time. I'm not necessarily expecting it but it's certainly possible.

The problem is that even a month later we still haven't gotten to a place where the dust has actually settled yet since people are still dipping out in protest of the new rules.

It doesn't sit well taking away things like that because this is the same road we went down before the split.

I stay out of politics so I don't know what had gone on exactly but from a forum perspective we've been doing great as we were for years and the forum has been built back up. Let's not have the mistakes of the past repeat themselves.

We have a great community but we risking losing a lot of what makes this place special. Uneven banning of users in recent months and taking away methods of accountability (for both mods and users with no explanation).

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Both, yes.

Sad to see all the rage quits. I can understand that it can be hard for some to deal with a change of rules, but how about watching how it develops when the dust has settled instead of trying to burn everything down on a mere suspicion? I had my fair share of squibbles with Papa Matt, Hari and others that are gone now, but I am sure that the forum could have ended up a place where they could have felt fine still. In particular, I think those are users that are not really affected by the rule changes anyway, even if one were to judge their postings from before according to the current rule set.

They're throwing a massive tantrum and fucking up a place that needs to exist. We have a thread 11 pages long of people mostly defending Gina Carano. No one bats an eye, no one gets banned for thinking that. It's normal. It's an opinion. It's fine. Can you imagine that on reset, ign, reddit, whatever?

Neogaf is a goddamn public service at this point as far as I care.

Hostile_18

Banned
They're throwing a massive tantrum and fucking up a place that needs to exist. We have a thread 11 pages long of people mostly defending Gina Carano. No one bats an eye, no one gets banned for thinking that. It's normal. It's an opinion. It's fine. Can you imagine that on reset, ign, reddit, whatever?

Neogaf is a goddamn public service at this point as far as I care.

Your right about the freedom of speech/opinion but it's a slippery slope though once things like the ban thread go, some users with 10+ warnings still here others banned for seemingly a lot less.

It's a shame to see alot of the people who built this forum back up go. Just seems like we were on such a good thing as a community and this is the first real signs of trouble since the split.

I hope we can navigate it while still holding on to the ideals that made the new Neogaf such a good forum (community banter, amazing impartial even modding, freedom to have an opinion - outside of racism & hate speech, transparancy in decisions).

Last edited:

T8SC

The ban thread isn't on the ban page?

Lots of toys on the floor again, excuse me whilst I pick them up before someone trips over.

bronk

Banned
Both, yes.

Wrong answer! Too wordy. Was just looking for a hell yea.

Last edited:

Shouta

Really surprised the ban thread is locked. That was one of the best parts of this forum that banning decisions were open and could be talked about and discussed.

Feels like a step back towards the old ways I thought we were all determined not to go back to.

Is it really a surprise though? This tantrum has been going on for a month now and with folks that got second chances at that. Even the fervor after the split a few years ago didn't last this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom