• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile_18

Banned
Problem users will be removed to address the remaining drama.
Is it really a surprise though? This tantrum has been going on for a month now and with folks that got second chances at that. Even the fervor after the split a few years ago didn't last this long.

Then surely you would just deal with the individual members (if they have broken the rules).

We can't just go back to members disappearing over night with no accountability. The ban page doesn't give context or any thought as to if the poster or mod was in the right/wrong, too strict or lenient etc. Plus been allowed an opinion on a banning was part of what made this place so much better than Reset era. Do we no longer tolerate views that oppose decisions? (Especially when articulated thoughtfully). Seems like the baby's been thrown out with the bathwater.

Hostile_18

Banned
I've just got my first 3 infraction points for "inappropriate behaviour" with my last post so I won't comment anymore as feedback isn't wanted.

Things are obviously changing fast now. I'll be posting less or leaving like everyone else.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
EviLore EviLore delete my account please. I have no wish for my username to be associated with what's going on at this site. Wasn't planning on doing this but it is what it is - heard things, came to see and yeah I really don't want my name on a Resetera clone.
Really sucks to see you leave. I can eat a cake on those who are leaving purely because they feel their influence is being squandered (And that influence is just for all the wrong reasons) but respected posters leaving is simply a matter of disagreement.

But that's the choice you can make atleast. Have a good one Hari.
It sorta feels that making a mess of it is the point of it, doesn't it?
Some folks are definitely in it to pin it, yeah.

Honestly i don't know what else can be done at this point to carry the point across. A generalized message? Its about what i can think of that has not yet been tried afaik.
Neogaf is a goddamn public service at this point as far as I care.
I think the problem mostly centres around being used to speak without a lot of consequence. One good thing out of this is that the extreme dogpiling on individuals is stopped by this, which is a good thing. Ironically some users out live those who dogpiled the users who are still here (Like Nobody_Important)

Both, yes.

Sad to see all the rage quits. I can understand that it can be hard for some to deal with a change of rules, but how about watching how it develops when the dust has settled instead of trying to burn everything down on a mere suspicion? I had my fair share of squibbles with Papa Matt, Hari and others that are gone now, but I am sure that the forum could have ended up a place where they could have felt fine still. In particular, I think those are users that are not really affected by the rule changes anyway, even if one were to judge their postings from before according to the current rule set.
But see, that's what it is - Its an emotional, not rational response to what unfolds. It isn't about considering why the policy is changed or why staff takes a particular note from the book - Its about those who feel they get limited and thus answer with ''dump my account'' or account suicides.

Have to say though that the silent leavers atleast did the grace of notifying staff silently without making a fuss about it.

But yes, if the emotional response was taken out of the equation, letting things rest (Just play games in the mean time or work like the majority of the world lol) then things would be different. Its recognizable to say the least.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Really sucks to see you leave. I can eat a cake on those who are leaving purely because they feel their influence is being squandered (And that influence is just for all the wrong reasons) but respected posters leaving is simply a matter of disagreement.

But that's the choice you can make atleast. Have a good one Hari.

Some folks are definitely in it to pin it, yeah.

Honestly i don't know what else can be done at this point to carry the point across. A generalized message? Its about what i can think of that has not yet been tried afaik.

I think the problem mostly centres around being used to speak without a lot of consequence. One good thing out of this is that the extreme dogpiling on individuals is stopped by this, which is a good thing. Ironically some users out live those who dogpiled the users who are still here (Like Nobody_Important)

But see, that's what it is - Its an emotional, not rational response to what unfolds. It isn't about considering why the policy is changed or why staff takes a particular note from the book - Its about those who feel they get limited and thus answer with ''dump my account'' or account suicides.

Have to say though that the silent leavers atleast did the grace of notifying staff silently without making a fuss about it.

But yes, if the emotional response was taken out of the equation, letting things rest (Just play games in the mean time or work like the majority of the world lol) then things would be different. Its recognizable to say the least.
CoordinatedFickleFreshwatereel-max-1mb.gif

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I work a few blocks away lol. Wynwood is pretty cool. I recommend the rooftop bar/restaurant Astra, specially at night. You can perfectly see downtown Miami and all the big towers light up. It's gorgeous.
Honestly wish we had stayed in the Wynwood area for dinner. Seems to be much better fare than downtown area. Maybe we will do this tomorrow night. Thanks for the rec.

To be honest, I feel like the ban thread was losing its identity and ultimately closed when the staff's patience was worn out. I think the sooner we move on from talking about the rule change and users affected by it, the sooner we might see EviLore return to the familiar "Let's welcome back x user" posts without any distractions.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest, I feel like the ban thread was losing its identity and ultimately closed when the staff's patience was worn out. I think the sooner we move on from talking about the rule change and users affected by it, the sooner we might see EviLore return to the familiar "Let's welcome back x user" posts without any distractions.
Moving on is impossible for these people sadly. 30+years old to boot.

Honestly wish we had stayed in the Wynwood area for dinner. Seems to be much better fare than downtown area. Maybe we will do this tomorrow night. Thanks for the rec.
Oh you definitely should've! Downtown is a pain in the ass, construction everywhere, traffic and crappy parking. Toro Toro at the Intercontinental hotel by Bayfront Park is a nice spot to have dinner in downtown. You can't go wrong hanging out at Bayside either. I think the new Ferris wheel is open.

TheContact

if you're thinking of account suicide or contemplating out loud about not wanting to be here, just log out and stop posting and come back in a few months after you're able to gain some retrospective on this. if you still think that way, then PM a mod for an account closure but don't throw away your account now in what is still the best gaming community on the internet because you're upset some problematic users were removed and others requested closures. some people absolutely deserved bans (especially those propagating the big lie), and others got caught in the collateral damage. it's unfortunate. but the OT/politics was becoming increasingly toxic even before the capitol riot

Stouffers

Banned
if you're thinking of account suicide or contemplating out loud about not wanting to be here, just log out and stop posting and come back in a few months after you're able to gain some retrospective on this. if you still think that way, then PM a mod for an account closure but don't throw away your account now in what is still the best gaming community on the internet because you're upset some problematic users were removed and others requested closures. some people absolutely deserved bans (especially those propagating the big lie), and others got caught in the collateral damage. it's unfortunate. but the OT/politics was becoming increasingly toxic even before the capitol riot
Why don’t you setup an account suicide hotline?

ManofOne

Plus Member

Some of the accounts closed though have no reason just accounts closure. Seem to me that some of the accounts were identified possibly as problem accounts or accounts that don't line up with the new direction of GAF like what happen to Liberty4all and they just closing them.

Sad to see some of these guys go but I guess they could have the opportunity to rejoin at future date, if evilore feels it safe to do so.

Oh you definitely should've! Downtown is a pain in the ass, construction everywhere, traffic and crappy parking. Toro Toro at the Intercontinental hotel by Bayfront Park is a nice spot to have dinner in downtown. You can't go wrong hanging out at Bayside either. I think the new Ferris wheel is open.

Listen to this man Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage Toro Toro is prob one of my fav steak houses in Miami.

TheContact

Yakuza Kiwami 2 is the worst game made by RGG studio.

what's the best yakuza game to start with and what platform should i play it on? i have a pc and a switch

Some of the accounts closed though have no reason just accounts closure. Seem to me that some of the accounts were identified possibly as problem accounts or accounts that don't line up with the new direction of GAF like what happen to Liberty4all and they just closing them.

Sad to see some of these guys go but I guess they could have the opportunity to rejoin at future date, if evilore feels it safe to do so.

Listen to this man Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage Toro Toro is prob one of my fav steak houses in Miami.

liberty wasn't collateral. one of the few people i was glad to see gone. he needs help and being here wasn't helping him.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
liberty wasn't collateral. one of the few people i was glad to see gone. he needs help and being here wasn't helping him.

Not saying he was just saying that, what I'm saying is he logged off from his last post and was banned and I think the reason was doesn't meet the new direction of GAF. Which is understandable, I don't think he would have stayed anyway.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Yeah the wheel is up. We went down to Bayfront early evening (like 4pm). Nice, beautiful area. I pointed out the Intercontinental to the Mrs and said, we should have stayed there :messenger_grinning_sweat:

SEGA_2012

Hey TheContact , the Kiryu Kazuma story in Yakuza is composed of 7 games:

Yakuza Zero (a prequel , where you follow the story of young Kiryu Kazuma).
Yakuza Kiwami 1 (the first game, being Kiwami a remake of Yakuza 1).
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (the second game, being Kiwami a remake of Yakuza 2)
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 5
Yakuza 6 (the end of Kiryu's story).

My first game was Yakuza 4 and that game is fantastic, but i suggest you to begin with Yakuza Zero. You can play it on PC and it is one of the best games of the franchise. It has great gameplay, great story and great side content/minigames.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Not saying he was just saying that, what I'm saying is he logged off from his last post and was banned and I think the reason was doesn't meet the new direction of GAF. Which is understandable, I don't think he would have stayed anyway.

I tend to assume there are things happening offsite in a Discord or in PMs that are impacting some of these decisions. I don’t think we’re working with all of the information when account closures come down like they have been.

I don’t think these account suicides are happening in such a way that none of these people will ever talk to each other again either.

edit: the Yakuza series is my favorite series obviously

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Read the last few pages. Yikes. Some ppl need to take longer breaks from the internet. It’s better for their health.

This place is good if you behave and don’t take everything so seriously.
For what it's worth, I'm glad that you're one of the few people who took my advice to chill the fuck out.

Hey TheContact , the Kiryu Kazuma story in Yakuza is composed of 7 games:

Yakuza Zero (a prequel , where you follow the story of young Kiryu Kazuma).
Yakuza Kiwami 1 (the first game, being Kiwami a remake of Yakuza 1).
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (the second game, being Kiwami a remake of Yakuza 2)
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 5
Yakuza 6 (the end of Kiryu's story).

My first game was Yakuza 4 and that game is fantastic, but i suggest you to begin with Yakuza Zero. You can play it on PC and it is one of the best games of the franchise. It has great gameplay, great story and great side content/minigames.

Both Kiwamis are trash in the regards that they add extra story to pander to the zero crowd and USELESS mandetory minigames, the originals are way better.
the series is not about Majima, its about Kiryu i hate that the series where hijacked by a bunch of fanfiction homoerotic tumblr nerds that has shoe horned him into every single game since 0 its a disgrace and ruined kiwami

Best games in the series are 3 and 6 fight me nerds

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
The Stand, my wife and I just started this series.

Going good so far and the virus concept is interesting. A virus that creates excess mucus to the point you choke on it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yakuza 6 has the worst story by far and I’m including the nonsense that is Yakuza 3

You’re telling me wise beyond her years Haruka doesn’t know how to wrap it up and would willingly have a kid with a member of the Yakuza? I kept waiting for the twist that it wasn’t her kid because it just seemed so implausible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom