• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
So since she didn't lay low...

jamming jay z GIF

Is it me or is there not much to talk about in the gaming side? This is the most boring new gen I can remember. No new awesome trailers or game announcements. There's nothing coming out soon that give me that new feeling Oblivion, Bioshock, Mass Effect and Assassins Creed gave me back in the 360/PS3 days. I'm freaking playing Kingdom Come Deliverance again.

It might be why people are losing their minds in off-topic and politics. We need Microsoft to finally buy Sega or for Sony to buy Take Two or something. The meltdowns and takes will keep us busy for weeks. Better yet give us new fucking games that are exclusives to the new consoles instead all that cross gen bullshit.

Carna

Banned
Is it me or is there not much to talk about in the gaming side? This is the most boring new gen I can remember. No new awesome trailers or game announcements. There's nothing coming out soon that give me that new feeling Oblivion, Bioshock, Mass Effect and Assassins Creed gave me back in the 360/PS3 days. I'm freaking playing Kingdom Come Deliverance again.

It might be why people are losing their minds in off-topic and politics. We need Microsoft to finally buy Sega or for Sony to buy Take Two or something. The meltdowns and takes will keep us busy for weeks. Better yet give us new fucking games that are exclusives to the new consoles instead all that cross gen bullshit.
With the current state of the game industry, some others just feel more like playing and sticking to old games.

I think most people here are really aggravated that a highly looked forward to game (the rumored Silent Hill game) wasn't revealed.

With the current state of the game industry, some others just feel more like playing and sticking to old games.

I think most people here are really aggravated that a highly looked forward to game (the rumored Silent Hill game) wasn't revealed.
That's exactly what I'm doing! After Kingdom Come I might replay Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I'm really looking forward to Disco Elysium to come to consoles. It's going to have full voice acting and everything. I can't wait.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
That's exactly what I'm doing! After Kingdom Come I might replay Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I'm really looking forward to Disco Elysium to come to consoles. It's going to have full voice acting and everything. I can't wait.
When is that version of disco coming out? It's on sale on pc pretty regularly and it's a free upgrade I think.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Unfortunately right now we don't have any game that just screams "Next Gen". Pretty weak start

NickFire

Yup. Very few significant sounding games coming up anytime soon. No significant news other than MS doubling gold and changing back immediately a couple weeks ago. Can't even find a PS5 still. On a personal note, I'm essentially playing the same things I was a year ago, just newer versions or updated maps. But on the bright side, I bet E3 (or whatever videos replace it) will come at us like a spider monkey hopped up on Mountain Dew. In addition to more details on what is to come as next gen hits its stride, it might line up with consoles finally being on shelves. The big players will be fighting hard to get / keep people in their eco-systems.

When is that version of disco coming out? It's on sale on pc pretty regularly and it's a free upgrade I think.

I was given a free copy on pc and played it a little and was amazed . But then I heard about the console
Version coming so I’ve waited and waited as I want to chill on my
Sofa playing it - according to wiki next month.

Whatever the reasons, it has been a little depressing seeing so many regular members leaving/banned over the past couple of months. @Tesseract will be missed.

Although I'm not religious, I've been warming to the idea of observing Lent this year (first time in my life). While we always tend to want to satisfy all our desires with the minimum amount of delay, I think a little self-denial for a small part of the year can help us appreciate the things we have more. I had pretty much already decided to give up meat and sugar for that period, but I think I'll add general non-essential internet usage too, so no more GAF for me until Easter. I'll still be playing games and working out though, so I'll see everyone back in the Fitness/Backlog community threads in the spring.

Take care everyone and have fun.
I think you're right. Sometimes it's good to take a break and focus on other things.

Take it easy, Kazza!
I bet E3 (or whatever videos replace it) will come at us like a spider monkey hopped up on Mountain Dew.
Hey, it's the Summer Games Fest now. SGF?

I'm looking forward to all of the new announcements too. I'm expecting Dragon Quest XII and possibly XCOM 3 to be announced in June/July.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Absolutely toasted today.

Rest easy Souffers :(. Keep safe.
Something was removed that was not nice.

Some of the accounts closed though have no reason just accounts closure. Seem to me that some of the accounts were identified possibly as problem accounts or accounts that don't line up with the new direction of GAF like what happen to Liberty4all and they just closing them.
They had the decency of PMing the staff up front rather than making a grand last stand to an anonymous audience.

ManofOne

Plus Member
They had the decency of PMing the staff up front rather than making a grand last stand to an anonymous audience.

Mmmm, if true then thats good. At-least they decided it was time for them to move on.

I didn't see what Souffers posted but if it went against the rules I can't complain. Rest easy Souffers.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Don’t get all the dancing on graves from members that contributed regularly to this forum in the past, agree or disagree with them the reality is they helped keep things afloat when things hit the fan.
Shame to see some members seem to enjoy this

Come on man. No one is doing that.

We all hoping the storm clouds clear and so we can all go back to our carefree shitposting.

O-N-E

Don’t get all the dancing on graves from members that contributed regularly to this forum in the past, agree or disagree with them the reality is they helped keep things afloat when things hit the fan.
Shame to see some members seem to enjoy this

Hamsters eat their own children. They don't care about your feelings. 🐹

Come on man. No one is doing that.

We all hoping the storm clouds clear and so we can all go back to our carefree shitposting.

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Majmun

Sometimes it’s good to get rid of the bad blood.

I’m sure this place can be intimidating for new people. I think I came back to this forum after not having posted on any forum for maybe two years. Good thing I don’t really care about internet people, otherwise I would’ve never come back here. It can be very toxic and hostile, from my experience.
It’s nice to have an open playground, but not when there’s basically one type of crowd posting.

I’ve been a member on GAF for 15 years now, and I have very fond memories of this place. Don’t want this place to get ruined too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom