• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Wow, Yahoo Chat. That brings me back.

Used to go into the Karaoke rooms with my Mic piped through my guitar pedals and use my DDS3 Stomp pedal (Digital delay) and cause havok. They'd either confusingly clap at the end or go mental. I'd sing a song and just keep turning the dials, I reckon they thought their connection was busted. Was very funny and must be nearly 20 years ago. Eventually they got angry at my dulcet experimental tones. (mostly loops over loops).

Trent Reznor and Mike Patton had nothing on me.
I used a Zoom H2 mic and some pre-amps and used to throw concerts into international music rooms. I should have thought to do something like you did. I did have a Digitech delay pedal (one of their first I believe). The most annoying thing I ever did was to this guy who was trolling all the rooms on mic and gathering a small following as he went. He was notorious for also using flooders to boot everyone out of a room that stepped on his ego. I recall programming some bots to a flooder which targeted him and his alts. He got booted out enough times that he gave up and had to take his e-crowd elsewhere to worship him.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Well this is shit :messenger_persevering:!
Fed Up Reaction GIF

I haven't been here for too long but found this place to be really cool.

Before that I was only in one forum, it was of a newspaper and terribly woke. Half of my comments didn't make it through moderation and they weren't nearly as harsh as some of the comments here. Plus here we have memes and a lot of fun!
So what exactly happened? What's the problem? Is it still the "no conspiracy" rule?

And most important, where the hack is @Tesseract?!
Your avatar reminds me of Aron Baynes :messenger_pouting:

That's what taking a break looks like. Don't take it too personally.
Well, I'm starting to believe they all left in favor of the fun zone/cum zone Discord full of GAF and ResetEra users or some other Discord channel. Whatever. I prefer a forum like GAF and being able to post in and create threads. I like how busy it gets during the big events and seeing what new features are implemented.

None of that is going to change for me because of a simple rule change, because I was never attached to politics and I understand there is no such thing as true freedom of speech on forums. But that doesn't mean you (the people who left) can't have a different opinion, just that the conspiracies, continued stalking of ResetEra posters, and other things like that made GAF look a little crazy.

Discord clique eh? So outdated.

I remember my time in older forums(Sonic kinda of forum)when a guy from inside simply told me that cliques go around asking to mob or dogpile a certain member when one of their own got attacked.

Mind you, once the moderator discovered they banned all of them, including a bitch that usually goes around mocking me whenever I posted. I even noted a mod there was something wrong with her head and other members acting around her(might be one of very reasons an investigation started). It was a massacre of course.
They clearly hate Gamma from Sonic for some reason. Ensure you troll with a Robotnik Quote whenever possible "You know what they say, the more the merrier!"

It happens. People tend to hate Amy fans too. (like myself).

As for the Discord thing, yeah it can be Toxic at times, which is why I only use ones where you are given useful information.

SEGA topic: Your thoughts on the Sonic Voice Cast leaving except Robotnik? I wasn't a fan of Tail's VA but sad to see her go though as she need to work like the rest of them.

Grand Theft Scratchy Grand Theft Scratchy : As long as they don't touch our little SEGA Community of course!
None of that is going to change for me because of a simple rule change, because I was never attached to politics and I understand there is no such thing as true freedom of speech on forums. But that doesn't mean you (the people who left) can't have a different opinion, just that the conspiracies, continued stalking of ResetEra posters, and other things like that made GAF look a little crazy.

Last edited:

nush

So I missed a lot it seems, Evilore account not visible, 2 full pages of bans in the ban section, apparently multiple long-time threads were closed, and a ton of people requesting account deactivations, not just bans.

What thread or threads caused all this?

There was a rule change not to post extremist conspiracy theories in the politics section. A rule some people would not follow, so they got banned. Then a clique complained that is was unfair their friends got banned and should be given another chance, it spiraled from there where long standing members suicided or requested account deletions even though many of them were not active in politics anyway so the rule change was of no consequence to them.

Rule change =

Members clique
Mz5dRz.gif

Elcid

Banned
So I missed a lot it seems, Evilore account not visible, 2 full pages of bans in the ban section, apparently multiple long-time threads were closed, and a ton of people requesting account deactivations, not just bans.

What thread or threads caused all this?
Only clue in the bans that I saw was this:
Knowingly breaking the rules about GB talk in the Dan thread.

Only thread I saw with Dan in the name is https://www.neogaf.com/threads/dan-ryckert-ot.1586810/unread
Needless to say, I'm not touching that thread with a 10 foot pole, don't even care what GB is lol

nush

John have being calling people to their Digital Foundry Discord.

The dude takes criticism so personally, how's he going to manage a busy Discord? I've already (some time ago) seen people complain about DF not responding to socials which I think they farmed out to John to manage.

good_luck_morgan_freeman.gif

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Only clue in the bans that I saw was this:
Knowingly breaking the rules about GB talk in the Dan thread.

Only thread I saw with Dan in the name is https://www.neogaf.com/threads/dan-ryckert-ot.1586810/unread
Needless to say, I'm not touching that thread with a 10 foot pole, don't even care what GB is lol
People keep derailing after asked not to, all because they got their own community thread closed for complaining about how ugly people are. No joke.

Flew home to sun-zero temperatures. RIP my tan. ✈️
Next time you come to Miami you let me know. I felt so bad about the Astra suggestion that I owe you and the missus a lunch or dinner on my dime. If it's steak you're after, the Wagyu Picahna at Bocas House is unbeaten and if it's something else I'll find it lol. I do hope you enjoyed your trip, at the very least the weather was worth it.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Next time you come to Miami you let me know. I felt so bad about the Astra suggestion that I owe you and the missus a lunch or dinner on my dime. If it's steak you're after, the Wagyu Picahna at Bocas House is unbeaten and if it's something else I'll find it lol. I do hope you enjoyed your trip, at the very least the weather was worth it.
No worries at all!

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I like how they zoomed in on the food so the viewers wouldn't have to watch her sloppy gross sneezes into her hands then continue cooking. While she slurps all the snot down her throat.
Do you always sneeze in front of the mirror, so that you now visualize yourself whenever you hear someone else sneezing?

Last edited:

lmimmfn

Will just say im mega pissed that this resulted in the Reeeee thread being locked, for me that was the funniest thread on the net, grrrr.

lmimmfn

Legendary shit right here.

True story time: I bought a ps2 because although vice city was on PC, the colors looked wrong, washed off and not vibrant enough. It didn't feel vice city like it did on my friends ps2.
Vice city was so much better on PC, i only played it on PC after finishing it on PS2, but it was miles ahead on PC, will admit PC didnt have 360 controller variants at the time so controller support was a mess.

Mouse and keyboard was and is always better on PC anway(except when driving a car with no shooting)

Ughhh what have i become?, instead of taking the piss out of Reeee im now talking games FFS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom