• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionian

I literally just found the page where you can see the members with the highest post counts, most reactions etc. What happened to @sixteen-bit and how the hell did he type 170,000 posts? lol.

Bloody hell, that's the most I've ever seen. (That's what she said)

Love the way his reaction score is 24.

Maybe he fell asleep on the keyboard, went into a coma but left a note for his mother to hit enter a few times a day.

It's what he would have wanted.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
tenor.gif

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Bloody hell, that's the most I've ever seen. (That's what she said)

Love the way his reaction score is 24.

Maybe he fell asleep on the keyboard, went into a coma but left a note for his mother to hit enter a few times a day.

It's what he would have wanted.
Reactions are new in the grand scheme of things. It’s partly why my score is low and has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of my posts.

Ionian

Reactions are new in the grand scheme of things. It’s partly why my score is low and has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of my posts.
Ah I know, was just funny in comparison.

Gave you a like.

EDIT: Looked at my own, dunno if good or bad never looked before or care.

No poster sent me a Valentines day gift so every 'liker' is dead to me.

Honestly though caring about something so trivial is pretty silly. The people that do care about reactions seem weird to me, just seems off.

Nice to have them, but the ones ones that farm them like Facebook need to sit down and rethink their lives.

Awesome to have reactions, saves posts. Like Era when the post is simply "." to agree with something.

Completely pointless and toothless.

Last edited:

Carna

Banned
So I'm expecting the gaming pc I sent back to the seller to get back at him some time tomorrow, he gave me the choice of either a refund, or send me a replacement. I probably want a refund. But I don't want to make it seem the problem with the computer had something to do with his computer building skills and whatnot. Keep in mind that was the first time I used a gaming dedicated pc and I ain't really tech-savy to understand the problem with pc.

In that case, should I get a store-bought PC? With the refund money?

I don't know if this is the right thread for it but I just watched the documentary AlphaGo - The Movie on YouTube and it was amazing. It's about the DeepMind computer going against the best Go player in the world. One of the few times the YouTube algorithm shows me something worthwhile, must be all the chess videos I've been watching lately. Highly recommend the documentary.

Brute

So I'm expecting the gaming pc I sent back to the seller to get back at him some time tomorrow, he gave me the choice of either a refund, or send me a replacement. I probably want a refund. But I don't want to make it seem the problem with the computer had something to do with his computer building skills and whatnot. Keep in mind that was the first time I used a gaming dedicated pc and I ain't really tech-savy to understand the problem with pc.

Personally I'd always go with the store option. There are stores which build PCs for you as well.

edit: And you don't have to offend the guy who built the PC. Just say you've had a change of mind, PC gaming isn't for you and you're going to buy a PS5. Or something.

Last edited:

eot

Banned
I don't know if this is the right thread for it but I just watched the documentary AlphaGo - The Movie on YouTube and it was amazing. It's about the DeepMind computer going against the best Go player in the world. One of the few times the YouTube algorithm shows me something worthwhile, must be all the chess videos I've been watching lately. Highly recommend the documentary.

Next stop:

online-go.com

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

For cases like yours i'd usually recommend getting a gaming laptop instead of a desktop.

They're factory built so there are less chances of it immediatly breaking on you (though its durability might vary greatly depending on brand and model). They're portable and its easier to hook them up on a big screen with a HDMI cable. Unlike Desktops, they're not very good to meddle with, but it wouldn't matter since you don't have any intention of doing it in the first place.

Of course, desktops still have their advantages. They're usually more powerful for the same amount invested, fully upgradeable, and as i mentioned before easier to meddle with it if you're willing to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom