• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonJorginho

Banned
They joke all the time, what happened?!
Richard was asking Tesseract for example surrounding a political convo and Tesseract replied "how about no, i'd rather watch you squirm and cut your throat when i want you dead"

was instantly perma banned for it sadly, another great user on GAF gone :(

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Richard was asking Tesseract for example surrounding a political convo and Tesseract replied "how about no, i'd rather watch you squirm and cut your throat when i want you dead"

Later in the thread he also called Packer a cunt while rambling about digging into his post history... I think something’s going on with his life, that’s so off character for Tesseract.

GymWolf

Gold Member

Fuck, he is usually polite as fuck, are we surethat he was not still joking?!

I saw some heated exchange of "compliments" between packer and some other members but i never toke them seriously tbh.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Fuck, he is usually polite as fuck, are we surethat he was not still joking?!

I saw some heated exchange of "compliments" between packer and some other members but i never toke them seriously tbh.
I would say it may have been more than a joke, but either way it was way out of character and he should have received support not punishment imo.

DonJorginho

Banned
I really miss those guys. I think Brap and Cunth are still around but they hardly post anymore. Same with Arcadia. Too many lost.
Will sound soppy but MHK was like a brother to me, we had so many great conversations and he was always there for me during my dark times and I feel so terrible even still for not saying goodbye properly due to me taking a break around the time of him announcing his departure, hurts like a bitch man.

I miss those guys too, all were so interesting and really brought something to the site, it seems like GAF is collapsing into nothing but console warring these days with every OG that departs.

This pandemic has really affected so many people and I can't wait to see the back of it restrictions wise.

ManofOne

Plus Member
I’m going to say it: if you guys could handle the fact people who have a different opinion exist and didn’t think of them as “weasels”, perhaps we’d have a healthier politics board and maybe Tesseract wouldn’t have been permed.

Weasels exists and politics will never be “healthier”

Fushitsusha

Banned
Will sound soppy but MHK was like a brother to me, we had so many great conversations and he was always there for me during my dark times and I feel so terrible even still for not saying goodbye properly due to me taking a break around the time of him announcing his departure, hurts like a bitch man.
Did he leave the Kanye forum too?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Weasels exists and politics will never be “healthier”

Agreed. Politics will always be a hot-button issue online. And if someone gets offended from being called something as insignificant as "weasel" then I suggest you stay off the internet.

It can be, if you learn to respect people and their opinions. And frankly, pretending to argue that you have a right to call people weasel because they prefer politician A to politician B and if they don’t like it they can fuck off it doesn’t help.

And that’s all I have to say on this matter.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
If you kill the politics forum it'll just spill into everything else and sour the tone of general conversation. It already happens more than I would expect in gaming, with a number of topics getting bent into SJW vs Gamerz talk.

As politics remains a shitfest you should be well aware by now what you're signing up for when you get involved.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
e3ez60as2lk61.png

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
If you kill the politics forum it'll just spill into everything else and sour the tone of general conversation. It already happens more than I would expect in gaming, with a number of topics getting bent into SJW vs Gamerz talk.

As politics remains a shitfest you should be well aware by now what you're signing up for when you get involved.

Yep, it’s needed to filter off that talk.

DonJorginho

Banned
It sucks to lose posters like Tesseract but it's on the rest of us to make this forum great now.

I think we can do it. There's still plenty of great posters and top notch geezers here (looking at you DonJorginho DonJorginho :messenger_winking:)

I hope they do reconsider the ban though. I need someone to react to my posts!!
You're too kind mate, I just spout shite really and see what sticks :messenger_tears_of_joy: I appreciate it though, you've always been a class fella to interact with, I hope you and the family are all doing well and keeping safe.

And well said, those of us on here who aren't just mindless console warriors or immature abusive accounts need to make this place as good as we can, I think we still got some great accounts on here to carry on thriving on here, just sucks to see such great people go/be forced out.

DonJorginho

Banned
Shame about tess. Seems he was having a meltdown last few days. I doubt the threat post was the only reason for the banning though.
It was likely the entire meltdown itself and the "threat" was what broke the camels back.

I still hope they reconsider as this was obviously a dark moment for Tess and he deserves support not to be exiled.

You're too kind mate, I just spout shite really and see what sticks :messenger_tears_of_joy: I appreciate it though, you've always been a class fella to interact with, I hope you and the family are all doing well and keeping safe.

And well said, those of us on here who aren't just mindless console warriors or immature abusive accounts need to make this place as good as we can, I think we still got some great accounts on here to carry on thriving on here, just sucks to see such great people go/be forced out.
Haha, don't be silly mate. You're a voice in this community who I like to hear and thanks dude, we're hanging on in there. Haven't gone COVID crazy yet so that's a winner. Same to you and yours!

DonJorginho

Banned
Haha, don't be silly mate. You're a voice in this community who I like to hear and thanks dude, we're hanging on in there. Haven't gone COVID crazy yet so that's a winner. Same to you and yours!
That means a lot brother thank you, I always like to hear your takes too man.

That's good to hear! Hopefully it won't be much longer before things can become a little more normal for everyone's sakes, glad to hear you and the family are keeping sane in these crazy times still!

And yeah we're doing good man, I just got my first Vaccination dose yesterday so am feeling a lot less stressed, family are doing well and we're making the most of these times so it could be much worse!

BigBooper

I don't know that I'd call it a meltdown. He stopped posting for about a month right after all those others got banned. I think in that time he decided he just didn't give a damn about this place anymore.

Don't know though.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I don't know that I'd call it a meltdown. He stopped posting for about a month right after all those others got banned. I think in that time he decided he just didn't give a damn about this place anymore.

Don't know though.
My read on that is that he was avoiding this place for a while until things calmed down. When he started to come back he mentioned something about being busy with life too iirc.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Peggies

Gold Member
Yep, it’s needed to filter off that talk.
It's happening everywhere. It's why I left my last politics forum because it was only "libtards" here and "Nazis" there. It wasn't about BLM vs White Supremacy though. Different minorities, different parties but the same discussion culture and I was deep into it and full of irrational hate for everyone who was "wrong" in my opinion.

Browsing the politics forum in here I see the same shit. It's two or three posters on the (radical) left who keep trolling the group on the right who respond to that with insults. It's fun to read but it's no real disussion, which is ok but when it starts to get out of hand, well than it gets out of hand.

Dick Wolf Lawandordersvu GIF by Wolf Entertainment

If there is one good thing about Tesseract being banned it's that the meta gaf thread has been weeb free for a couple pages since everyone is discussing that instead. Silver linings!

Last edited:
The members I miss the most are not the ones that went down in flames but the adult ones that decided to stop posting on their own. Or the ones that requested a ban on the down low and left the forum politely because they disagreed with the rule changes. I respect people that stand by their convictions. I really miss Autoduelist and Arcadia, both of which aren't banned but stopped posting. I will obviously miss Tess as he was one of the few that always liked my posts and I also enjoyed his posts.

NickFire

I did not interpret Tess's intent as a literal threat. I can't speak for him though, nor does it matter what I think. But it would be nice to see some of the regulars who have been let go the past couple months get another chance. During a year of lockdowns shooting the shit with some of those chaps helped a lot of boring hours pass by, and they generally seemed like normal dudes who just liked blabbing about games and politics. I understand why the conspiracy stuff was banned, and honestly a lot of it needed to go because some was just absurd. Just another chance for some of these guys seems reasonable now that the message is loud and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom