• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

belmarduk

My issue with Onion wasn't that he was a far lefty, it was that at least for myself, I detected absolutely no convictions on what he posted whatsoever. To me he just seemed to post whatever article that he came across from the mass media to the point where it seemed he was only ingesting and divesting their talking points. And when challenged on certain things, he'd only respond with :messenger_tears_of_joy:

People do that to my posts all the time. You shouldn't let things like that bother you.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Woah @nush, you better get here quick...Brap will probably need his grave danced on.

poetry-it-rhymes.gif

showernota

If someone is so unyielding and so stubborn that they cannot abide by very simple changes in the rules or the community then they were not real community members in my opinion. They were just sightseers on a vacation because they liked the view. They liked the climate as it was in that moment. They were never planning on being on actually living here long term. If they were they would have been able to adjust or at the very least been willing to try. Too many people just said "You dare change things!?!?!! Fuck this I'm out!" too quickly for me to believe that they were ever real allies of this community.
Bro it's cold tap dancing on Onionsnake's grave.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I think people got mad that they had one less place where they were allowed to run (too) rampant with ideas you wouldn't often find in other "private" (read: not social media) communities. 4chan is 4chan, you won't ever find meaning there, Reddit is too big to be a somebody. Era is the inverse of this place. GameFAQs doesn't have a politics forum. The problem with being a site that offers an inch is that people will take a mile, and the latter will be misconstrued for the former. "No fringe content / conspiracy theory BS" was taken by some as "mainstream views only", which if you spend 5 minutes on the current politics board, still is not the case. Try starting some of the threads that are up right now on a site like ERA. Not a hope in hell.

Sad to see, I liked a chunk of the people that left, but the people that yelled the loudest ended up becoming the thing they hated, account suiciding to show that they hated the site now and that they just had to let everyone who was staying know about it.

"The mystique was stretched so thin it finally became transparent."

Maybe a notice that @brap was not the only one planning to jump in here and embarass himself with an account suicide. There are at least 3 of the clique-roaches still sitting here idle on GAF. I don't need to mention names as they'll likely be popping into this thread any day now. I figure the click..err...clique has been active on their own utopian Discord out there somewhere and have been stepping in to check that ban board. They're like Southerners today who still believe in confederate values...nearly 200-years have past since they lost their own civil war and yet their inbred ancestors still want vengeance. Same goes for the clique and those who went off in 2017.

This might be one of the more cringey, embarrassing posts I’ve seen on here in a while. Conflating people who decided to leave a forum with a civil war lol.

e&e

Banned
The guy never called anyone names or insulted people. He just posted political stuff and argued his perspective. Entirely civil and polite in every single post I saw from him.

I mostly just saw people insulting him, calling him names, and trying to repeatedly put him down while he ignored it and tried to take the high road. I've seen the exact same thing happen to multiple left leaning posters on here.

I genuinely like reading threads from conservatives on here, and it helps me stay informed about other perspectives. But there really are a chunk of people that genuinely seem to hate diversity of thought, and just prefer a circle jerk.

Sorry to see you go OnionSnake.

I have no clue why you would think that.

Maybe I missed some awful post of his that earned him this reputation? Can you point me to some of his worst posts that make you hate him so much?
Honestly, since I was removed I went back to the occasional lurk ever so often and noticed OnionSnake OnionSnake getting piled on, never calling anyone names and arguing his point. You rarely see the name callers and the “you people”-ers getting reprimanded. I’m one of those cheering the Onion on for trying to balance that mess. It’s very funny seeing the post OmegaSupreme OmegaSupreme made that you responded to (with great gusto I might add) because the Onion left though. Maybe I missed it but was there any confirmed reason why the Onion was reprimanded from Politics? If I get no real answer, it’s no problem.

I’ll be stepping back into the shadows now, and check back if there was an answer.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Thanks! It's a weird virus, I got a pretty mild one as it seems. 2-3 days now and I feel like 80% normal.
I hope you are back to full health soon. Don't forget to double check with any friends or family that you have had recent contact with and let them know that you tested positive. That way they can isolate themselves and get tested if they are feeling any effects or if they just want to be overly cautious.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Thanks! It's a weird virus, I got a pretty mild one as it seems. 2-3 days now and I feel like 80% normal.
FYI: I don't believe Sony makes pulse oximeters, but they were invented in Japan. :pie_thinking:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Best wishes for a full recovery Bo. If your situation doesn’t clear up quickly, you may want to get a fingertip pulse oximeter to monitor yourself, deteriorating blood oxygen levels can creep up without you realizing.

Thanks, boss! So far it's pretty mild, today's the second day and feeling pretty fine overall. H1N1 was extreme a decade back when I got it, this is nothing in comparison. More like a normal seasonal flu.

Of course, if I feel it's getting bad I'll throw myself into the hospital, or someone will.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I hope you are back to full health soon. Don't forget to double check with any friends or family that you have had recent contact with and let them know that you tested positive. That way they can isolate themselves and get tested if they are feeling any effects or if they just want to be overly cautious.

Yeah at home they are treating us like we have Ebola. It got to my wife a week before, only got it yesterday. Knew it is coronavirus when yesterday she lost her taste/smell senses which is a common thing to get with it (returns to normal after like 1 month according to friends).

FYI: I don't believe Sony makes pulse oximeters, but they were invented in Japan. :pie_thinking:

Nah, gladly it's mild. You can get a mild one or a severe one, it's pretty random actually and has nothing to do with you being strong.

Oh snap!

Get well soon eh? Take care of yourself :)

Thanks, mate! I'll keep being active if it's confirmed and gave me the GPS monitoring watch. If they see that you abandoned your house within those 14 days it's a jail sentence.:lollipop_downcast_sweat:

Last edited:

fatty

Thanks, boss! So far it's pretty mild, today's the second day and feeling pretty fine overall. H1N1 was extreme a decade back when I got it, this is nothing in comparison. More like a normal seasonal flu.

Of course, if felt it's getting bad I'll throw myself into the hospital, or someone will.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Hope for a speedy recovery. Our family got it at the end of last year. I lost my sense of smell for a week but wasn’t too bad overall. My wife and son lost both sense of taste and smell and unfortunately my wife hasn’t recovered 100% on her taste yet.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Hope for a speedy recovery. Our family got it at the end of last year. I lost my sense of smell for a week but wasn’t too bad overall. My wife and son lost both sense of taste and smell and unfortunately my wife hasn’t recovered 100% on her taste yet.

Yeah it depends. Some needed like months to recover totally. So far nothing happened to me but I think you lose it in the 5-6th day. Hope you and your family the best! And to all of you here.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Don’t be hatin

i have a gf who gets mad at me for playing video games, does that count?
Does the videogame get mad at you for having a GF?

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

We would not have had to see today's "Totally not coordinated" drama from that Discord.
I wasn't there with the Discord, but i have spoken to someone who are seemingly part of the posse.
Maybe a notice that @brap was not the only one planning to jump in here and embarass himself with an account suicide. There are at least 3 of the clique-roaches still sitting here idle on GAF. I don't need to mention names as they'll likely be popping into this thread any day now. I figure the click..err...clique has been active on their own utopian Discord out there somewhere and have been stepping in to check that ban board. They're like Southerners today who still believe in confederate values...nearly 200-years have past since they lost their own civil war and yet their inbred ancestors still want vengeance. Same goes for the clique and those who went off in 2017.
I want that Bowl of Hyper, Happosai.

But nonetheless, people of the clique should just silently take a passing. Don't do a buddhist peace fire because you think that has merit - It does not.

What the clique once told me is not to take things on GAF too seriously and that you shouldn't be so affected by things.

Maybe they should follow their own advice. It worked for me.
Beste of luck to your wife and son, fatty. Loss of taste is (fortunately) one of the better side effects to retain after wards and i hope she will get 100% back. My co-worker and friend got the stuff aswell but he lost 5 kilo in a week and is still heavily tired afterwards. Even that is still a fortunate aftermath, give or take.
But you made the same joke again later and had to remove that aswell. I mean, lets be real here. I wish you a speedy recovery and i hope that whatever you have now is the only thing you will get from Covid (I rather not have you anything obviously) but to then joke that you want hug xbox fans as some kind of console war haha joke is just senseless in more than just one sense of the word.

showernota

not to take things on GAF too seriously and that you shouldn't be so affected by things.

But you made the same joke again later and had to remove that aswell. I mean, lets be real here. I wish you a speedy recovery and i hope that whatever you have now is the only thing you will get from Covid (I rather not have you anything obviously) but to then joke that you want hug xbox fans as some kind of console war haha joke is just senseless in more than just one sense of the word.
episode 143 it works GIF by Soul Train

bigedole

Not really a great answer, but thanks for answering. It's your opinion, and you're welcome to have it.

I remember that thread. Sounds a little rude, but still ultimately on topic. The whole topic of debate was about should the government mandate that phone manufacturers include these options, or should it be the personal responsibility of the parents. He's basically just arguing the other side in a binary debate. I've seen lots of significantly more heated political debates than that. You're twisting what the thread was about to make it seem like he's some pedophile apologist or something.

I see lots more people that were nasty to him. I think he was mostly singled out for his politics, not some slightly rude comments. Lots of people in politics are rude.
So I am definitely someone who tends towards the right on a lot of issues, I'm basically a classic libertarian who just wants a small and fiscally responsible government. I try to be open minded, though, and I've been sad to see you specifically get dogpiled on a few different occasions over the last 2-3 years. That said, Onion came off to me as very disingenuous and not truly seeking a discussion. When someone posts with such high volume and always on only one side of the spectrum, it's very hard to take anything they say at face value. You naturally start to question their motives. Onion definitely gaslighted the conversation at different times. I think he annoyed me (and I would never call it anything more than annoyance) because he tried really hard to to come off like he wasn't just a super left fanboy who only ever towed the line on the mainstream talking points. I think one of the things that really unites people on both sides of the political spectrum is a mutual disdain for hypocrisy, and he just came off as really hypocritical to me. I'm sure there are people (maybe even yourself) who think similar things about DeepEnigma DeepEnigma or DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi , but at least they try to inject humor and engage with anyone who tries to engage them. Onion just felt like he was here to drown the board in those mainstream talking points and nothing else.

TheContact

Knew it is coronavirus when yesterday she lost her taste/smell senses which is a common thing to get with it (returns to normal after like 1 month according to friends).

My wife and son lost both sense of taste and smell and unfortunately my wife hasn’t recovered 100% on her taste yet.

one nurse i work with hasn't had his sense of smell or taste for 3 months, and another girl i work with hasn't gotten hers back in 8 months. hopefully they get theirs back soon.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Does the videogame get mad at you for having a GF?

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

I wasn't there with the Discord, but i have spoken to someone who are seemingly part of the posse.

I want that Bowl of Hyper, Happosai.

But nonetheless, people of the clique should just silently take a passing. Don't do a buddhist peace fire because you think that has merit - It does not.

What the clique once told me is not to take things on GAF too seriously and that you shouldn't be so affected by things.

Beste of luck to your wife and son, fatty. Loss of taste is (fortunately) one of the better side effects to retain after wards and i hope she will get 100% back. My co-worker and friend got the stuff aswell but he lost 5 kilo in a week and is still heavily tired afterwards. Even that is still a fortunate aftermath, give or take.

About all I was trying to summarize that clique banning to was their overall denial that they'd lost their war to overtake GAF; same way some have never learned to come to acceptance of losing a war. The weirdo who took it as a cringe post needs to get that I don't take these things too personally. I'm not even on Discord where all of this was originating from and I figure that those who are inactive but still here will eventually off themselves. I did add that there will likely be more who want to account suicide before going out as they are blue in the face with all their buds getting banned. At any rate, thanks for the feedback...at least you're able to take that post with transparency and maturity Redneckerz Redneckerz

About all I was trying to summarize that clique banning to was their overall denial that they'd lost their war to overtake GAF; same way some have never learned to come to acceptance of losing a war. The weirdo who took it as a cringe post needs to get that I don't take these things too personally. I'm not even on Discord where all of this was originating from and I figure that those who are inactive but still here will eventually off themselves. I did add that there will likely be more who want to account suicide before going out as they are blue in the face with all their buds getting banned. At any rate, thanks for the feedback...at least you're able to take that post with transparency and maturity Redneckerz Redneckerz

If you’re going to talk shit you can tag me in your reply.

And I’m the weirdo? Not the guy who compared forum posters to civil war soldiers? People were unhappy with the direction things were going and left. It’s really that simple. You guys turning this into some big war on Gaf are kidding yourselves.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I should add that pre-permban (is that even a thing?) i would have taken that differently as if it was personally.

Now its just me being a cock doing cock ups. Basically humans.
People were unhappy with the direction things were going and left. It’s really that simple.
The thing is that those who didn't leave and who still were unhappy tried to set up a reality distortion field.

They were unhappy with the direction, because said direction would see them lose influence. If you are a hardliner whose forum life is around making people like Nobody_Important Nobody_Important actually nobody important, than i would be pissed too if i couldn't carry out my forum persona.

Thing is why would you get jacked up on that unless you firmly believe that being an actual cyberbully helps other people.

You guys turning this into some big war on Gaf are kidding yourselves.
If its a war, its the War on Boredom because even this fabricated drama is hardly enough to make the Covid-19 stay-at-home policy any less boring.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
.If its a war, its the War on Boredom because even this fabricated drama is hardly enough to make the Covid-19 stay-at-home policy any less boring.

I don’t know man, we got lockdown, curfew and travel between provinces forbidden.

Even racing snails makes me feel excitement these days. This weekend I wanna try watching paint dry but I’m afraid I’ll get a heart attack or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom