• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I can't decide if I prefer the Modern or Classic Dark Theme on GAF.

What are you guys using?

I like parts of the classic one, but think I prefer the overall look of the modern design.

star trek thinking GIF by HULU
Light classic. Modern is supremely meh.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
How is the vaccination rollout going down there? I'd sure like to visit again by November.
Mostly the Pacific coast and border States getting the Pfizer vaccine. The recipients that live more inland haven't gotten the vaccine unless they're in the medical industry. Most places are pretty calm to visit right now but same safety measures (KN-95 respirator, transparent facial shield, social distancing, etc). Also, in my State (Puebla) alcohol is forbidden to be sold from Friday-Monday of each weekday as our governor feels those days would increase more drunks to congregate and spread the virus.

DonJorginho

Banned
You said two legends, but I only see Sir Paul.
I knew this would happen lmaooo

Kanye is always gonna be my GOAT tbh, guy is the greatest artist to come out of Hip-Hop and one of the most innovative artists around who has changed the game with every release under his belt, I also think his discography is just top top tier.

I respect it that some don't rate him though as I can see what people wouldn't like in him and his music.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I knew this would happen lmaooo

Kanye is always gonna be my GOAT tbh, guy is the greatest artist to come out of Hip-Hop and one of the most innovative artists around who has changed the game with every release under his belt, I also think his discography is just top top tier.

I respect it that some don't rate him though as I can see what people wouldn't like in him and his music.
I dig Kanye's older music more, I think.

I know people love his newer stuff but it doesn't resonate with me mostly. I did used to like his older stuff, and I'll listen to it from time to time.

DonJorginho

Banned
I dig Kanye's older music more, I think.

I know people love his newer stuff but it doesn't resonate with me mostly. I did used to like his older stuff, and I'll listen to it from time to time.
I can see why, more relatable and soulful with bigger emphasis on his storytelling, Kanye as he got more into his bag decided to take more risks and stroke his ego with the experimental styles he tackled with each new release and kinda moved away from what made his OG audience love him, plus in some ways he just got a little crazier with every year that passed, I love both sides of his discography but my top 5 are heavily leaning on new Ye.

1. Yeezus
2. Ye
3. MBDTF
4. TLOP
5. 808s/Late Registration (can't decide which one is better)

Hey EviLore EviLore mind closing my account? Nothing against the site, but I feel like all spending time here has done is make me an angrier person, and where I'm at in my life I don't need that right now. Nothing against the site or any of the people here, you've all been good to me, I just know that if I'm not unable to come back, I'm gonna find myself returning again and again. Thanks for the good times and I hope you guys understand.

Last edited:

QSD

Not really a great answer, but thanks for answering. It's your opinion, and you're welcome to have it.

I remember that thread. Sounds a little rude, but still ultimately on topic. The whole topic of debate was about should the government mandate that phone manufacturers include these options, or should it be the personal responsibility of the parents. He's basically just arguing the other side in a binary debate. I've seen lots of significantly more heated political debates than that. You're twisting what the thread was about to make it seem like he's some pedophile apologist or something.

I see lots more people that were nasty to him. I think he was mostly singled out for his politics, not some slightly rude comments. Lots of people in politics are rude.
Bit late here but I saw Onionsnake was banned. I remember this discussion also, and I thought OS was being a bit glib about the problem, but I don't think he was a troll (in that discussion or in general). He did make a lot of topics that had the general "Biden admin does X thing better than Trump" vibe. But then, in the politics forum, every other topic reads like "Country falls apart, world ends, while Biden asleep on toilet again". So it's not terrible to have some kind of counterbalance. Best would obviously be if politics were talking about issues rather than stanning for sports teams, call me utopian if you like

mcjmetroid

That's really old drama you're talking about. EviLore's new Steam group (a couple years old now) is doing just fine.

It would be nice to see more PC players from here consider joining, add each other, and play games.
Might do soon actually. I'm really lame for online gaming but then I haven't had very many online friends.

Spend so much time talking about games on this would be nice to actually play someone.

mcjmetroid

Bit late here but I saw Onionsnake was banned. I remember this discussion also, and I thought OS was being a bit glib about the problem, but I don't think he was a troll (in that discussion or in general). He did make a lot of topics that had the general "Biden admin does X thing better than Trump" vibe. But then, in the politics forum, every other topic reads like "Country falls apart, world ends, while Biden asleep on toilet again". So it's not terrible to have some kind of counterbalance. Best would obviously be if politics were talking about issues rather than stanning for sports teams, call me utopian if you like
Good riddance to that onion snake guy ( or toilet snake as one poster called him made me laugh)
The brief bit I saw of him wasn't trolling per say but incredibly one sided and unable to have a discussion.

I can't stand posters who are tribal and stick to their political direction like glue.

Sadly it's becoming more and more common with people these days.

Soodanim

I can't decide if I prefer the Modern or Classic Dark Theme on GAF.

What are you guys using?

I like parts of the classic one, but think I prefer the overall look of the modern design.

star trek thinking GIF by HULU
I’ve tried the classic theme a couple times, but something always brings me back to modern dark. If only I could fix the post editor on mobile, I’d be set.

I switched from Firefox to Safari so gifs would stop stuttering, but I can never find a way to fix this damn post editor on mobile. If I ever have anything more than a couple paragraphs to say I’ll wait until I’m at my PC. Hitting return and losing some of your post while the cursor fucks off to Tibet ain’t fun, nor is trying to do anything involving new lines anywhere near quotes. The amount of times I’ve killed them and had to start the post over again would shock Tim Berners-Lee to his core.

Ionian

I’ve tried the classic theme a couple times, but something always brings me back to modern dark. If only I could fix the post editor on mobile, I’d be set.

I switched from Firefox to Safari so gifs would stop stuttering, but I can never find a way to fix this damn post editor on mobile. If I ever have anything more than a couple paragraphs to say I’ll wait until I’m at my PC. Hitting return and losing some of your post while the cursor fucks off to Tibet ain’t fun, nor is trying to do anything involving new lines anywhere near quotes. The amount of times I’ve killed them and had to start the post over again would shock Tim Berners-Lee to his core.
PC quote thing for me is odd, I end up quoting the wrong person and when I spot it it's a pain in the arse to delete so just don't post. Undo doesn't work for me.

QSD

Good riddance to that onion snake guy ( or toilet snake as one poster called him made me laugh)
The brief bit I saw of him wasn't trolling per say but incredibly one sided and unable to have a discussion.

I can't stand posters who are tribal and stick to their political direction like glue.

Yeah it's hard for me to give a non-snarky response to this, since it's definitely not just the snake that seems entrenched, there's a lot of people who like sticking up for their "team" and don't really engage with the issues. Sure he was somewhat smug, but I still think that Punished Miku Punished Miku 's argument that he was mostly singled out for his political positions stands.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Real sorry to hear your family is sick but happy it sounds like you're on the mend. I've had asthma my whole life, although it's gotten a lot better in recent years (no idea why), and it's landed me in the hospital many times, with a few being almost the end of me according to the doctors. Any sort of illness that has the potential to fuck with your lungs scares the hell out of me. Best of luck to you and yours - hope you continue to feel better!

Thank you, brother! Happily, it only lasted for 2 days for her (breathing discomfort) now she's fine, only low stamina after some effort which is understandable as it's just 8-9 days of getting it. Also yesterday she started to regain her taste and smell senses! She's been practicing her nose with smelling orange oil.

I had a bad sore throat last 2 days, but today it's much better, especially after yesterday I used honey on a dry throat so it sticks there, and of course sleeping after that. We are in the 3rd floor and no one come close to us there, sending us food in aluminium foil plates. Garbage put right outside our floor and we spray this thoroughly on anything sent downstairs:

OriginalPine.png

Hope these ideas help. So far our little daughter didn't get it, but tomorrow my wife completes 10 days and then if her family house is safer then might send them there until I complete my isolation and our floor has been safely cleaned.

Stay safe, folks! Can't say it's an easy virus, some get the very bad version of it, but we were lucky to get a mild one.

Last edited:

Corgi1985

Banned

That's nearly everyone in the politics forum.

DonJorginho

Banned
The McDonald's Man by Kanye West
(this is a real poem that Kanye actually wrote btw)

McDonalds Man
McDonalds Man
The french fries had a plan
The salad bar and the ketchup made a band
Cus the french fries had a plan

McDonalds Man
McDonalds
I know them french fries have a plan
I know them french fries have a plan
The cheeseburger and the shakes formed a band