• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
Yes we are
zUwiUPL.gif

PhoenixTank

i think people always over-react when they get moderated or removed or whatever, request bans, then regret it later on. just log off for a bit and come back when you've had time to think before you start requesting perma bans
Potentially. I know my personal over-reactions to being moderated felt very justified when I was a teen. (I was in the wrong, though)

DapperSloth

i think people always over-react when they get moderated or removed or whatever, request bans, then regret it later on. just log off for a bit and come back when you've had time to think before you start requesting perma bans

Those people behave like children in a sandbox and not adults whenever something little happens to them. They take over-reacting to the next fucking level. Just like woke people over-reacting and have canceled Lindsey Ellis now because of this tweet:

EDIT: Misspelling.

Last edited:

Alright

Banned
Those people behave like children in a sandbox and not adults whenever something little happens to them. They take over-reacting to the next fucking level. Just like woke people over-reacting and have canceled Lindsey Ellis now because of this tweet:

EDIT: Misspelling.

Can someone translate:

A) What Lindsay Ellis is saying
B) What's the problem? Seriously asking. Comparing two films is bad?

Alright

Banned
Answer to both:

"Because Avatar: The Last Airbender was mostly made by white people while Raya and the Last Dragon is based on Southeast Asian folktales and mythology."
Thanks. I'm still confused as to what the problem is?

Or is there no problem and the 'cancel' brigade is being used to ruin a competitor in Lindsay Ellis?

ManaByte

Gold Member
best to avoid them altogether and go the Eastwood, Cleese Gervais route of not giving a rats arse

Difficult to do on Twitter where once the mob comes after you, your mentions are hell. Twitter doesn't have mitigation against that like Instagram has.

On Instagram you can easily restrict comments to only followers or people who follow and even set up filters if people are spamming something. Twitter can allow you to not see mentions if someone doesn't follow you or restrict replies to people you follow, but nothing stops people from quote tweeting you and that's how most cancel brigading takes place.

Alright

Banned
Difficult to do on Twitter where once the mob comes after you, your mentions are hell. Twitter doesn't have mitigation against that like Instagram has.

On Instagram you can easily restrict comments to only followers or people who follow and even set up filters if people are spamming something. Twitter can allow you to not see mentions if someone doesn't follow you or restrict replies to people you follow, but nothing stops people from quote tweeting you and that's how most cancel brigading takes place.
Not to sound like a dick but I don't understand most of that. I've never used twitter or Instagram. I'm guessing you use it for professional purposes?

Cause otherwise I would delete my account and close the app. It all sounds like a lot hassle

Ionian

Can you guys fuck off with this victimhood shit. Why does every fucking thread have to be a whine fest.

Post funny shit, or some tits or something. Video games and other fun shit. Jesus fuck you guys.

I'm not quite sure but I think there may be threads for both?

Maybe you could make them and bring the world back to a calmer time. A time of tits and funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom