• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright

Banned
where do we get these people?
It's ok i've deleted the post. I thought this was where the community come and discuss things, my mistake.

I'm fairly new here and want to fit in with Gaf, and i don't want to piss off the community leaders like you and the other leaders.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I imagine it was because the post was a direct endorsement of white supremacy.

Was it?

BarringGaffner posted:
Amazing how people watch Tucker Carlson and think ‘what does white supremacy even mean’ is a good argument.

and take_it_easy replied with:
You don't have to watch TV to recognize the media is rabidly anti-white, pro-non-whites. White supremacy is for anyone who takes pride in their history that happens to be from Europe. It's hypocritical and pathetic.

I'm fine with people having pride in their race/ethnicity/genes/culture, including whites.

It may not have been expertly worded, but in that context, it seems pretty clear to me that he meant the "white supremacy" label is thrown at anyone "who takes pride in their history that happens to be from Europe," not that he was recommending that people who are proud of their heritage should take up the banner of white supremacy and turn into Nazis or something. Seems like a misunderstanding, to be honest. Or was he banned for claiming that the media is anti-white and pro-non-white?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I am going to stop paying attention to any and all police shootings. The BLM stuff is rubbed in my face when I am just walking to the grocery store, I don't need to discuss or even read about any more police shootings. I get it. It's just gratuitous at this point.

There is more to politics than police and guns. More to life than race. I wish we could discuss other things. It is entirely pointless to even talk about most of these events, when none of us will ever have access to all the information, and the best we can do is culture war riffing on assumptions based on terrible reporting from universally biased news sources.

It just seems like an utter waste of time. Politics in general is kind of a waste of time. It's all arguing about police shooting, which none of us really have any control over, or Big Tech censorship, which, again, non of us have control over.

Not that you can't state an opinion. But just, taking a step back, I'm thinking, what is even going on here? Are we all LARPing as Mayors now, having figured out how police should handle every single incident, in between discussions of Marvel superheroes and complaints about having to pay $70 for a video game?

Feel like this is all on purpose. What are we NOT talking about by being sucked into these pointless discussions? Hmm.

Last edited:

Soodanim

I think I am going to stop paying attention to any and all police shootings. The BLM stuff is rubbed in my face when I am just walking to the grocery store, I don't need to discuss or even read about any more police shootings. I get it. It's just gratuitous at this point.

There is more to politics than police and guns. More to life than race. I wish we could discuss other things. It is entirely pointless to even talk about most of these events, when none of us will ever have access to all the information, and the best we can do is culture war riffing on assumptions based on terrible reporting from universally biased news sources.

It just seems like an utter waste of time. Politics in general is kind of a waste of time. It's all arguing about police shooting, which none of us really have any control over, or Big Tech censorship, which, again, non of us have control over.

Not that you can't state an opinion. But just, taking a step back, I'm thinking, what is even going on here? Are we all LARPing as Mayors now, having figured out how police should handle every single incident, in between discussions of Marvel superheroes?

Feel like this is all on purpose. What are we NOT talking about by being sucked into these pointless discussions? Hmm.
Your general mood will probably be better without so much news and politics in your day to day life. If you give that much reverence to things you can’t control, it’s only ever going to be negative for you in the long run - if it was positive you probably wouldn’t need to talk about it.

C-Moon

Banned
lmao “endorsing white supremacy”

He was literally just talking about how media treats “whiteness” as evil and how they anything about the white race other than self-flagellation “white supremacy”.

It’s objectively true, and everyone knows. The clown world thread was full of evidence for that right up until it got deleted. I wonder why that happened.

Toons

Im fairly new here but I was a lurker for months before I finally made my account and yea some of those guys had some really questionable views even before upvoting that post, i don't always like the guilty by association but thats a bridge too far if you ask me. Definitely not the way to word things especially for a newcomer to see someone endorsing it

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It's ok i've deleted the post. I thought this was where the community come and discuss things, my mistake.

I'm fairly new here and want to fit in with Gaf, and i don't want to piss off the community leaders like you and the other leaders.
Community Leader, huh? When do I get my paycheck.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I suppose a year of GAF Gold on the Boss' dime is a pretty good paycheck, now that I think about it. Carry on everyone, nothing to see here.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Politics board is attracting the wrong kind of people to the site.
I was just about to ask if I got banned from politics. I guess politics got banned from me.

Emoji Think GIF

BigBooper

I for one won't miss the dogwhistles, on either side. I do wonder if more society focused topics will be allowed in OT now though. I don't mean the half dozen trans topics a day, but what about things like CRT?

lethial

Reeeeeeee
I thought I got banned! I always liked the politics section after the split - it was a little refreshing from how the site was going just prior. It sure has\had some CRAZY people but it was sometimes a good laugh.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Id be all over a Sports forum.. Been wanting to talk Tennis for a while since I started playing again about 4 months ago after an 18 year hiatus.
It would just be 1 nearly dead thread for each sport and 200 threads on trans people in sports.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I liked talking about crime related things because it's a passion of mine, but I was thinking about starting a blog about it anyway. Or at some point down the road, a podcast. The reason CRT interested me is really only because I feel the ideology has contributed to crime and it all ties in. And of course bringing awareness to help any parents who may have kids in school or equipping people in case they deal with it. But it's not something I needed in my life to post on a board, I can write about it anywhere and I plan to once I carve out the time.

I do wonder where the "Celebrity X gets fired for sticking up for JK Rowling!" or "Gaming CEO Y vows to hire 74% more [insert demographic here]" threads will wind up. Many of them started off in off-topic and gaming and then got moved to the politics forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom