• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixTank

jumkXcTyu844dqliS4HwwgPQdgp6_vMWE18E86BiPO0frDrRvoksQM_88IJlT_to9EUgQv83f3LCrw=s588-nd

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
How is everyone? Are things getting back to normal for you where you live? My normal gyms have opened and as of last week my slowpitch softball league started up. Also bars are back and I'm doing all my usual schenanigans. Been fun. Since gyms opened ive been pretty crazy and gained about 12 lbs of muscle (it might be fat but saying muscle sounds better) Anyways just stoked my usual things and hang outs are back.

I wish.

Still got curfew between 10pm and 6 am.

Bars still have to close by 5 pm.

I can't leave my "county" equivalent.

I'm getting very depressed and sad =(

TheContact

Had a wedding yesterday and a birthday party today. Hoping I will have time to play Monster Hunter tomorrow.

I know a lot of people with wedding plans this year. Mostly because of all the cancelled ones from last year. Many of them are at resorts out of the country, I hope everyone has a good time and the feeling of travel should help

Do some cooking! It definitely makes me feel better when I do it.

cooking is awesome if you have the time for it. I work so much and take care of my kids solo at night that my crock pot / instant pot have been a true friend to me for a few years. I was never good at cooking until I did Hello Fresh which really taught me how to cook, but it just became too time consuming for me, but it really can be therapeutic and fun if you have the time for it

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I hope everyone has a good time
It was a catholic wedding. :(

The birthday party was good until someone brought up politics. I do not get the obsession people have with it and the defense to the point of causing a rift between yourself and others in your family. Like why on this one topic do people feel they are the only correct answer and anyone who disagrees with them is an enemy. It's disgusting.

DESTROYA

It was a catholic wedding. :(

The birthday party was good until someone brought up politics. I do not get the obsession people have with it and the defense to the point of causing a rift between yourself and others in your family. Like why on this one topic do people feel they are the only correct answer and anyone who disagrees with them is an enemy. It's disgusting.
That’s what alcohol is for at parties.

Ionian

Pretty normal, in fact expected to drink at weddings here. Danced with my grandmother, think my Father went to spin her or something and she ended up with a cut face. (Old style dancing, not Tekken style).

She was fine though. And that's after having her hip-replaced. Didn't bother her in the slightest, she just laughed.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Sometimes the YouTube algorithm does well. This is pretty cool:

Edit: I thought this was the metal thread. Fuck it, I'm leaving this here.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Someone help me make sense of this.

Someone got my password for my Nitendo account and logged into the store and redeemed prepaid cards for minecraft, minecraft coins, Amoung Us, and Vbucks. But never used them.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Change your password, hit the gym, and lawyer up.
I did that already. But thats where I am confused. I have lost nothing. They redeemed the cards and then just left...Like I now have $50 in VBUcks, Minecraft, $20 in Minecoins and Among Us.

Like is this the worst scam ever done?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I did that already. But thats where I am confused. I have lost nothing. They redeemed the cards and then just left...Like I now have $50 in VBUcks, Minecraft, $20 in Minecoins and Among Us.

Like is this the worst scam ever done?
Maybe it was your grandma giving you a late bday gift.

Ionian

Tide pods don't work in the butt, btw.

I remember working for a finance place and used to recommend "pink cheeks" instead of "pink sheets".

Pink Sheets turned out to be dodgy and a no to recommend. Pink Cheeks ... never one complaint. Was a website for anal bleaching.

EDIT: these were pensioners I was talking to about a website that was anal bleaching.

Last edited:

nowhat

So, hey, mods? Anyone awake?

I know the forum runs on Xenforo. Nothing wrong with that, but I also frequent other forums built on it, and I know this is technically possible, so:

Can we have a "grace period" where we are able to edit a post after submitting it, without there being the "last edited" bit? Something like five - hell, two - minutes would do it. I usually find some grammatical/spelling mistakes I want to correct later on, and it annoys me that there's the mention of editing the post. When it fact it wasn't editing (as in changing the content) but more like proofreading.

(I know it is possible to preview your post, but seriously, who does that)

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
So, hey, mods? Anyone awake?

I know the forum runs on Xenforo. Nothing wrong with that, but I also frequent other forums built on it, and I know this is technically possible, so:

Can we have a "grace period" where we are able to edit a post after submitting it, without there being the "last edited" bit? Something like five - hell, two - minutes would do it. I usually find some grammatical/spelling mistakes I want to correct later on, and it annoys me that there's the mention of editing the post. When it fact it wasn't editing (as in changing the content) but more like proofreading.

(I know it is possible to preview your post, but seriously, who does that)
A much easier solution is to proofread before you hit Post Reply

That and are you really bothered that much by a last edited mark on a post?
I get people have their pet peeves....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom