• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggies

Gold Member
When in doubt, the meaning is boobies.

59057e.jpg

Last edited:

StormCell

So who is our rogue moderator who devotes his efforts to defending Sony/Playstation?

(yeah, I'm responding to the closure of that "Nintendo should buy Playstation" thread that was closed without explanation)

FYI I had a really good hot take since everyone involved was having a good laugh. Too bad we had to shut'er down because the King was under attack!!

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

So who is our rogue moderator who devotes his efforts to defending Sony/Playstation?

(yeah, I'm responding to the closure of that "Nintendo should buy Playstation" thread that was closed without explanation)

FYI I had a really good hot take since everyone involved was having a good laugh. Too bad we had to shut'er down because the King was under attack!!
Pretty sure all modding complaints should be directed to Xaero Gravity Xaero Gravity .

Richard Packer

Gold Member

Shut the fuck up.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I missed your comment just now. I feel the same would've applied to myself. Insecure and just overall issues regarding social interaction. I see a lot of comments regarding posting in a community that say they don't feel anxious of whatever because internet is anonymous etc. For myself that doenst matter. Social interaction in real life, through telephone or messaging apps and in this case a message board is almost exactly the same regarding the intensity of said interaction. It took me a decade or two to finally sign up and post, but posting in a deliberate inner crowd community thread is a whole other beast. It's scary*, haha! So yeah I sympathize.

😅🌸

*More scary than RE Village 🙈
I have social anxiety myself; I just happened to get comfortable with talking over text when I was young so it's a weird sort of comfort zone for me

I have to push myself to be outgoing or "Warm," to people I haven't built a trust relationship with yet, and especially with my behavior it can be off putting to new people
There's a few posters I've bonked heads with, then drop my guard and we come to an understanding

Ever need a krew to roll with, just tag me on the thread, I'll either throw absolute troll bull shit or something actually intelligent
Depends on the day :p

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
sit rep??
rogue moderator
OIP.hybmVRxR6l_cQgz2DeZGBgHaFj

FOUND 'EM

Richard Packer Richard Packer
Dear Richard,

The new battle front has been daunting. I was dropped into the new post without proper gear, and the trenches gave me trench foot on both feet. Luckily I was able to...salvage...gear from a comrade, may he rest in peace.
Currently I'm working with my Admiral and Commander on creating strategies to push our lines forwards; I fear we won't make it through the month if we don't push the line.

The enemy is growing exponentially; when we cut off one invasion head, another three take its place, and there's even spies among the ranks, infiltrating many of our systems from their ranks.

All I can do is pray for my unit

God Speed

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

It was console warring bullshit with no basis in reality.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
X-Men origins wolverine isn't that bad
A lot of this movie was overloaded with too many clichés. Wolverine killing his real father was the first, and the walk through the wars was another. And I was surprised by how little tension I felt in so many of the scenes, knowing that Stryker, Sabretooth, and Wolverine were all going to survive to make it through to the other movies.

I was also terribly disappointed with the way they tried to throw Gambit into Wolverine's story. I was always a fan of Gambit, and I felt like they just tossed him in so that they could say "Look, there he is, we haven't forgotten him." And he really had no useful place in the story.

The one thing that did surprise me in the movie (because I failed to remember that his name was Wade) was the fact that Deadpool was going to show up later in the movie. Deadpool was another character that I enjoyed when they introduced him in the comics, but I never really got to know him because he was still fairly new when I quit reading. I did think it was extraordinarily weird to have him using all those other mutants' powers, was that in the comics somewhere?

I must admit that I did enjoy some of the action scenes, and I laughed out loud once at the line "Boy, Koo-Koo-Kachoo really got screwed." But there were just so many shoddy parts in the movie. The idea of a bullet to the brain being all that was needed to wipe Wolverine's memories seemed so stupid and a pretty cheap cop-out. The inconsistency in how Sabretooth and Wolverine are affected by fighting was strange. Seriously? All Wolverine had to do was punch him in the face and Victor was out for the count? Why didn't he do that sooner? And the special effects on the metal claws looked so artificial, that I didn't for one second believe Hugh Jackman actually had anything coming out of his hands. It even got humorous at one point, when he's standing in the bathroom at the farmhouse, you can actually see the claws not moving with his hands. It makes me wonder if producers rushed the movie to theaters before the special effects guys had time to finish their work.

All in all, I got what I went in expecting...not much.

Guilty_AI

05rZX8s.jpg

What does Putler know about the afterlife?
This is actually real lol.
But i've also read the application of these laws are so dumb they might as well not really exist, like blocking the video of a specific pirate anime site while leaving the anime on other sites alive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom