• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Happy Dance GIF

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Hell yes Teams is down for everyone, TM402718 in your service dashboard baby. Boss can't reach ya, dumb coworkers will need to figure shit out on their own, because ain't no one going to answer their cell phone after hours

WykmXEV.gif
Until that shit over flows from the service desk to your phone and you're telling people to fuck off for an hour because "tHiS iSn'T sOmeThInG i CaN dIsCuSs OvEr EmAil" while fucking around with site to sites being down

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Until that shit over flows from the service desk to your phone and you're telling people to fuck off for an hour because "tHiS iSn'T sOmeThInG i CaN dIsCuSs OvEr EmAil" while fucking around with site to sites being down

Thanks to a robust ITIL solution and well designed and managed support structure, we haven't had to deal with such trivialities in many years. Besides, I am far separated from the end user (my users are application owners, developers, leadership, etc). The worst I'll get is if someone on the help desk knows me personally and reaches out somehow to ask me about.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Thanks to a robust ITIL solution and well designed and managed support structure, we haven't had to deal with such trivialities in many years. Besides, I am far separated from the end user (my users are application owners, developers, leadership, etc). The worst I'll get is if someone on the help desk knows me personally and reaches out somehow to ask me about.
Lol
My first thing I did when I landed at my current job is say "Wait we don't do cr's? Where the fuck is our sop docs? Oh....."

So, that would explain my current company pretty well

On that note, if you have any remote jobs open shoot me a DM lmao

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
You Americans need to start talking about real football more, not the wimpy 'pass the egg' variant.

I mean, at least we don't hurl ourselves onto the ground and dramatically overreact like we're being attacked whenever another player gets near us. We at least have the sportsmanship of five year olds playing t-ball.

And if someone hurls the solid object known as a baseball into us at 100 mph (which can actually kill, unlike a soccer ball) we knuckleup like it's Friday night in a Walmart parking lot and work it out like men.

Meanwhile in Europe you have a bunch of models trying to outdo each other at how much they can pretend to be hurt.

/s, but not 100% :D

Last edited:

*Nightwing

Banned
I mean, at least we don't hurl ourselves onto the ground and dramatically overreact like we're being attacked whenever another player gets near us. We at least have the sportsmanship of five year olds playing t-ball.

And if someone hurls the solid object known as a baseball into us at 100 mph (which can actually kill, unlike a soccer ball) we knuckleup like it's Friday night in a Walmart parking lot and work it out like men.

Meanwhile in Europe you have a bunch of models trying to outdo each other at how much they can pretend to be hurt.

/s, but not 100% :D
ioGCOhj.jpg
sqdORF7.jpg
cNhZdsc.jpg

xaNRnbL.jpg

All sports are dangerous in thier own way

Star-Lord

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Figure skating is the most dangerous of sports, it's not all gay sparkles.
Yes it's gay, name another sport where you need to dress up

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Man, I had quite the workout yesterday. We excavated down 6 feet on a 9x21ft rectangle to put in geothermal tubing/piping. It took a while to haul all the rocks to the hole (to help with drainage around the tubing).

We're putting the dirt back in today and putting in the foundation for the greenhouse that will go on top. I don't think I've done this much manual labor in years. I am glad the workouts paid off because my body should be a lot more sore.

Running an excavator is hella relaxing. I think I might change careers.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
One of my buddies did renos years back. I forget what outside job he was doing but he rented one of those Bobcat mini bulldozers. He loved it so much, when he had a party of people over he was getting any of us to try it!
We had some friends helping yesterday. Today it's just me & the wife. Filling the hole, flattening it out, and then tamping it down. Once we get to 2.5 ft we will dig out more of the perimeter to start the foundation work.

It's slower going then we initially thought, so we might have to extend the excavator rental through tomorrow. I know the last bits after the foundation will need to be done mostly by hand. The curing time on the cement is what will take forever.

I am so fucking dirty, sweaty, and sore right now. It feels damn good.

Thaedolus

Well well well, my wife always complains that I pack our jump pack whenever we go camping because it’s kinda big and heavy and doesn’t have a great spot to go…wouldn’t ya know, the battery in my truck gave up the ghost on this trip. I had to jump it 3 times.

I never said I told you so, I just let my smirk do the talking

until I saw the replacement cost me $185 at Costco 🤬

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I am so fucking dirty, sweaty, and sore right now. It feels damn good.
I'm not someone to do big handy work. I'll hire someone.

But during the summer when it's time to mow the lawn and wash the car (inside and out), it makes sense to never do it in the afternoon at peak heat. But some reason that's when I do it even though its roasting. I'm a neat freak too, so sometimes I'd combo it with getting out my leaf blower and blowing all the grass, dirt and small pebbles that build up on the driveway. When I do this shit, I do it all at once over an afternoon.

Love it.

Growing up, I always thought it looked retarded when you'd see old guys hanging out in the garage with friends. They are drinking, often old Italian or Greek looking guys. Why the hell would you do that in the heat?

Way back when I moved into a house (from a condo), I did these sweaty jobs all at once.

First thing I did was grab a stool, sit in the garage like those old dudes with a cold drink, turned on a small boombox and sat there just like them chilling. Now I understand.

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
Nicotine sucks. I bought a vape and started using it a couple weeks ago, now my stress and anxiety levels are through the roof. Gonna have to muster up the willpower to stop using it before my addiction gets even deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom