• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxan7

Banned
You don't like Max? :messenger_sad_relieved:
I love him
Karl Marx Deal With It GIF by Amy

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Holy balls Tetris Effect is amazing. The visuals. That banging soundtrack. The perfect gameplay. What a game.
It was the most disappointing Tetris in ages for me.
I couldn't play it in VR, but with the screen cluttered by visual effects and the practically constant vibration of the pad, I did more stupid mistakes in a few stages than in years playing other Tetrises. I guess in VR it must be everything people say, but I couldn't see that on my regular-ass TV.

Thaedolus

Exceptions are always made on weeby stuff.

It'S jUsT tHe CuLTurE

and I say this as someone who thinks Persona 4 is the greatest JRPG ever made.
There’s certainly something to be said for its style, fun knock down battle mechanics and unique slice of life approach between dungeons. Gets me all nostalgic wanting to go back to Japan. And its localization is absolutely top notch.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Would anyone here change your haircut place over small talk awkwardness? I absolutely loathe small talk. I find it insanely awkward and weird and any time I'm stuck in those situations I can't wait to slink outta there.

The place where I get my haircut, the guy who used to cut my hair got married and moved away. Time would fly by when I got my cuts because we'd talk about sports, current events, everything. Ever since he left, this girl there cuts my hair. She's really nice and she does a good job, but it's so awkward. We have absolutely nothing to talk about. I poked and prodded a few times. Asked her about sports, she's not into it. Movies, current events, not really into it. So she asks me how I'm doing, I ask her how she's doing, and then it's just awkward silence for like 45 minutes. And I can tell she wants to chat because she'll ask me a question about something every 5 minutes or so like "So, any plans for the summer?" And I will just say what I'm up to and then I'll ask her and then she'll say what she's up to. And it goes on painfully for 45 minutes.

I honestly would be fine in silence getting my cut, but I don't want to come off as rude, especially when it seems like she wants to talk. And when I'm waiting the person getting their haircut before me to finish, it's usually a girl and they're chatting it up, and then when it's my turn it's a complete tonal shift.

I was thinking about getting my hair cut at a new place because of it. Curious if this would be enough for anyone to do the same, or would you not give a shit about the awkwardness. I guess it depends on your level of tolerance for awkward small talk.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Would anyone here change your haircut place over small talk awkwardness? I absolutely loathe small talk. I find it insanely awkward and weird and any time I'm stuck in those situations I can't wait to slink outta there.

The place where I get my haircut, the guy who used to cut my hair got married and moved away. Time would fly by when I got my cuts because we'd talk about sports, current events, everything. Ever since he left, this girl there cuts my hair. She's really nice and she does a good job, but it's so awkward. We have absolutely nothing to talk about. I poked and prodded a few times. Asked her about sports, she's not into it. Movies, current events, not really into it. So she asks me how I'm doing, I ask her how she's doing, and then it's just awkward silence for like 45 minutes. And I can tell she wants to chat because she'll ask me a question about something every 5 minutes or so like "So, any plans for the summer?" And I will just say what I'm up to and then I'll ask her and then she'll say what she's up to. And it goes on painfully for 45 minutes.

I honestly would be fine in silence getting my cut, but I don't want to come off as rude, especially when it seems like she wants to talk. And when I'm waiting the person getting their haircut before me to finish, it's usually a girl and they're chatting it up, and then when it's my turn it's a complete tonal shift.

I was thinking about getting my hair cut at a new place because of it. Curious if this would be enough for anyone to do the same, or would you not give a shit about the awkwardness. I guess it depends on your level of tolerance for awkward small talk.
My wife cuts my hair.
dumb jim carrey GIF

Thaedolus

The gal that cuts my hair puts the L in LGBTQIA+ABC123, blue haired mohawk, sorta awkward but just a lovely person. She showed me her bridal photos last time I got my hair cut and she's wearing a tux and her fiance, oh my god she's like a mail order Russian bride looker in a traditional wedding dress. I think I'm gonna get them a nice wedding present, they make a super cute couple.

But even though she's a bit awkward, she makes good small talk...knows about my kids and wife and dog and everything...if she sucked at that, I think I'd have a hard time going back every other week. Cuts a coworker's hair too, found out her dad and I used to work at the same company...I dunno if you're going in as often as I do, I don't think that small talk is unimportant. And she cuts my hair the way I like it without me having to keep micromanaging the situation.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The gal that cuts my hair puts the L in LGBTQIA+ABC123, blue haired mohawk, sorta awkward but just a lovely person. She showed me her bridal photos last time I got my hair cut and she's wearing a tux and her fiance, oh my god she's like a mail order Russian bride looker in a traditional wedding dress. I think I'm gonna get them a nice wedding present, they make a super cute couple.

But even though she's a bit awkward, she makes good small talk...knows about my kids and wife and dog and everything...if she sucked at that, I think I'd have a hard time going back every other week. Cuts a coworker's hair too, found out her dad and I used to work at the same company...I dunno if you're going in as often as I do, I don't think that small talk is unimportant. And she cuts my hair the way I like it without me having to keep micromanaging the situation.
She might be good at it with those who have more common interests, but she doesn't seem to any with me. I think she wants to talk about "girly stuff." She is nice though, but man is it a painful 45 minutes. I honestly just might make shit up every time. "I went to Italy and met the pope"

Lady Jane

Banned

I totally understand.

I recently moved but in my last city, a frivolous gay guy cut my hair and he was amazing. The conversations we had would have gotten us thrown out if they had an HR department. He would say things like "Well honey, just like anal, you just gotta bite your lip and power through it." when a customer was complaining about getting her legs waxed. He was so fun. I gave him a gift basket on my last visit.

My first hairdresser in my new city was a bust. She was texting in the middle of my cut. I must have mistaken that place as a place of work so that was my bad so I got an appointment somewhere else. We'll see how that goes. The hunt for my new hairdresser continues...

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
She might be good at it with those who have more common interests, but she doesn't seem to any with me. I think she wants to talk about "girly stuff." She is nice though, but man is it a painful 45 minutes. I honestly just might make shit up every time. "I went to Italy and met the pope"
What all are you having done that it takes 45 minutes? Perm and blowout?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
What all are you having done that it takes 45 minutes? Perm and blowout?
Yeah, and extensions and my nails done.

No wash, cut, little touch up, shave, etc. Usually takes somewhere around there. Might be a little less depending on the day and how fast she's working on that day. The cut itself could take a little less, but usually once I enter the place, I'm usually out in about 45 minutes or so, give or take the wait to the previous customer.

haxan7

Banned

She's just trying to be nice. Get your hair cut somewhere else if it bothers you that much. You aren't doing yourself or her any favors by hiding your discomfort and powering through. Imagine how she would feel if she knew you loathed sitting there getting your haircut?

p_xavier

Authorized Fister

You speak too much, got a bad haircut at 17, will not pay for it. Shaved my head since then. Why so many words in so few actions required.

Last edited:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
It was the most disappointing Tetris in ages for me.
I couldn't play it in VR, but with the screen cluttered by visual effects and the practically constant vibration of the pad, I did more stupid mistakes in a few stages than in years playing other Tetrises. I guess in VR it must be everything people say, but I couldn't see that on my regular-ass TV.
You need to be able to really feel orgasms.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
As a service advisor at a luxury car dealership, I've seen people at their absolute worst

Not every life is as sacred as one would like to believe. In fact, most people are scumbags

Also if I knew my baby was going to come out deformed or ummm... mentally challenged in any way... I'd want a do-over

A 3 or 4 month window seems reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom