• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
Actually my feet deserve their own account, they're nice feet. Small but always get me where I need to go. I'd post a picture of them but my husband told me not to because... and I shit you not...there are guys getting off on feet.

shocked oh my GIF
What about your husband's feet?

How do you all insert screenshots/personal photos into your posts? I've been working on a GAF data analysis and want to share the findings in Off-Topic, but can't seem to get an image hosting site to pass the image through to my post?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I photoshopped a thing yesterday when I had the bright idea of doing a LTTP thread for the OG Doom. The problem is that I don't know if I will wind up playing through the entire game. I have no issues on my Steam Deck but after a few minutes on my PC/TV I get motion sickness.

Anyway, I think the photoshop is too good not to share. So if I wind up deciding not to do the thread, I'll post the picture here.

Thaedolus

Thus begins the last week of no daycare before the wife’s last day working full time. Two poopy diapers, a dumped out cup of water color water and a lot of screaming (from them) while trying to work so far today. I least I get to dump them on my in laws tomorrow

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
The big project I am working on got its scope reduced by 1/3. There's another project within the company that is over budget by 40% and is most likely the source of the scope reduction request. With the sensitives around budget, I am wondering if the company will table the project I'm on entirely. There's a strong possibility of additional reduction or stretching out of work over a much longer timeframe. It's demoralizing to see all the hard work starting to get tossed out due to poor project management from the other topic.

I was thinking of leaving prior to this project, though I did have a soft offer from global HQ to join the team there. Maybe I pursue that? Either way, I am going to ride out at least until end of year so I can secure my bonus.

Thaedolus

The big project I am working on got its scope reduced by 1/3. There's another project within the company that is over budget by 40% and is most likely the source of the scope reduction request. With the sensitives around budget, I am wondering if the company will table the project I'm on entirely. There's a strong possibility of additional reduction or stretching out of work over a much longer timeframe. It's demoralizing to see all the hard work starting to get tossed out due to poor project management from the other topic.

I was thinking of leaving prior to this project, though I did have a soft offer from global HQ to join the team there. Maybe I pursue that? Either way, I am going to ride out at least until end of year so I can secure my bonus.
Man when other people’s bullshit wrecks your stuff it’s the worst. Sorry to hear that man. When another division sort of shit the bed and I had a summer of hell a few years ago trying to help fix the mess, I was totally primed to leave, which was why when the gig I have now came knocking, I jumped ship. Well the 30% raise helped too

Toons

Well came down with a cold today, I gwt a day off work but I have wasted away half of it doing nothing.

At least I have comics to read and an apartment to clean. One of those will get done

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I have to drive into London tomorrow.

Drive.

Into London.

In the day.

Fuck life.

Reminds me of how I felt every single morning when I woke up living in and working around Georgetown, Washington DC.

If you have never experienced a Georgetown commute into DC proper as an American I suggest it. It will make you stronger and wiser. Motherfuckers are driving on sidewalks in Teslas and Mini Coopers while screaming out of their windows and the cops just look on. Wild shit.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Reminds me of how I felt every single morning when I woke up living in and working around Georgetown, Washington DC.

If you have never experienced a Georgetown commute into DC proper as an American I suggest it. It will make you stronger and wiser. Motherfuckers are driving on sidewalks in Teslas and Mini Coopers while screaming out of their windows and the cops just look on. Wild shit.
I hate driving in most big cities, but driving in the capital is another story entirely. I've only been to London a handful of times in my life and didn't particularly enjoy any of my visits there, so the thought of driving through the place in the middle of the day scares the hell out of me. I'm going to be praying to Jesus hard tonight.

S Star-Lord Enjoy getting a fine for being inside a yellow box junction you didn't know you were in. Or the daily congestion charge. Or the ULEZ zone, or any number of other profit generating schemes we have in our wonderful capital!

Oh and watch out for the gangs who dress as Deliveroo or Uber Eats drivers and rob people on mopeds. Great times for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom