• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaedolus

Smoking some pork shoulder this morning. Made some tortilla chips. Now to make some almond cookies.

We've got some friends coming over to help assemble the greenhouse. Tomorrow is a holiday. Couldn't ask for a better weekend.
My dad’s recovering from surgery this week, but he said when he’s feeling better he’ll buy a brisket if I smoke it for him. He is still raving about the pork shoulder I smoked over the 4th….it’s not hard man just go low and slow and don’t rush it!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
My dad’s recovering from surgery this week, but he said when he’s feeling better he’ll buy a brisket if I smoke it for him. He is still raving about the pork shoulder I smoked over the 4th….it’s not hard man just go low and slow and don’t rush it!
Hell yeah man. I did not do a great dinner plan so none of the food will really compliment but I also wanted pulled pork and a bean stew. So that's what we're having. This bean stew is unreal:
SFg7wc3.jpg

teezzy

Banned
I was real close to going bigger than the 65” but where I have it, it’s already almost too big anyway. And Richard Packer Richard Packer taught me size isn’t everything

They tried to bait me in on the 77" but the 65" is already more than enough TV for me
Going above 65" I think I'd start looking at projectors

Mine sits just shy of 8 feet away from my couch. I'd have gotten the 83 if it were closer in price. I'm not willing to cough up another 2 grand just for an extra 6 inches.

Seriously though the TV is exquisite. I never owned a C1 but this thing rules after some fine tuning with settings especially

Thaedolus

Mine sits just shy of 8 feet away from my couch. I'd have gotten the 83 if it were closer in price. I'm not willing to cough up another 2 grand just for an extra 6 inches.

Seriously though the TV is exquisite. I never owned a C1 but this thing rules after some fine tuning with settings especially
I paid stupid money for the first ASUS gsync monitor in 2014, and the C1 just absolutely destroys it. VRR and those inky blacks are just 👌

Now I’ve got to upgrade my aging PC to get 4K content on it. I feel like with a Steam Deck and cloud storage it’s basically the Switch with a couple extra steps, but a way better experience with more flexibility

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin

I paid stupid money for the first ASUS gsync monitor in 2014, and the C1 just absolutely destroys it. VRR and those inky blacks are just 👌

Now I’ve got to upgrade my aging PC to get 4K content on it. I feel like with a Steam Deck and cloud storage it’s basically the Switch with a couple extra steps, but a way better experience with more flexibility
Mines like about the same amount away; i just kinda feel like once you start getting into that price mark for a TV, why not just invest in a really nice phatty projector?

Need to do the same with my PC, and my test runs so far have been my Switch and 4K youtube vids

I can understand a bit more why people trashed on the switch graphics lol

Thaedolus

Mines like about the same amount away; i just kinda feel like once you start getting into that price mark for a TV, why not just invest in a really nice phatty projector?

Need to do the same with my PC, and my test runs so far have been my Switch and 4K youtube vids

I can understand a bit more why people trashed on the switch graphics lol
I've got a fairly ideal setup for a projector since my viewing area is downstairs and I've got blackout blinds and such, but I've never really wanted to deal with bulbs and worry about turning it on and off too frequently...with the LG it just runs a little routine when it's off to maintain the OLED panel. And those inky blacks man...I had (still have) a Panasonic plasma before, still a great display but the difference is night and day. It kinda blows my mind I'm playing a new console release at >60FPS with VRR.

Lady Jane

Banned
We got back from our labor day trip and there was a note on our door from our neighbor "Please cut your grass bi-monthly to keep the neighborhood friendly :)" Our grass is still very passable. My husband wrote below the note "It's grass." and taped it on their door. Earlier this year, they contacted the HOA instead of us first to say how we shouldn't be using our fence as the border and need to cut a few feet out. Of course that's reasonable but they approached it with hostility from get-go. How are adult disputes more immature than disputes in my 20's?

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
are you alright?
I Dont Know Season 4 GIF by Paramount+

Work has me stressed out. I was ready to leave my employer right before this project was floated to me. Other than acquisitions, it would be the most expensive project we've ever done. It's been amazing to work on it but now that the feasibility stuff is done, the feedback is that the project costs too much. So we're reducing scope. We're also at a disadvantage as 2 other high profile projects have been announced/disclosed since I first began working on the project. Our topic is still unannounced, so we might be competing against more than just those 2 other projects. It's a stupid source of stress but very real at the same time.

I'm basically waiting until Dec to decide if I leave. That will be enough time to secure my bonus and give clarity to the budgetary approved project scope. My bonus is a hefty amount so I don't want to lose that this far into the year. There is a potential opportunity to work overseas for a few years that interests me but I am kind of over all the drama at work already. Moving to the HQ and having to deal with another layer of it is really unappealing.

My arm being fucked up also isn't helping. I want to lift weights to help reduce stress. I also haven't really taken much time off this year. The wife changed jobs so we scrapped our original vacation plans. I'll basically take all of December off since I have most of my PTO still. Maybe I should take a week off between now and then.

Thaedolus

I’m awful at organizing and figuring out the technical side of things but I could definitely role play a baby driving 160 and murdering a fake cop…

Edit:

I have zero aspirations for committing any kind of violence in real life, ever, to be clear. Just a joke commenting on the video I posted.

Last edited:

nush

Other than acquisitions, it would be the most expensive project we've ever done. It's been amazing to work on it but now that the feasibility stuff is done, the feedback is that the project costs too much.

Lowball them, then jack up the price once they are locked in. That sunk cost will have them by the balls.

52fce2c2ecad04c9154b028c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom