• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
leDxP6Y.jpg

Thaedolus

I might not have a job next week. I told my boss to have HR put together a severance package proposal.
I’m sorry man, sounds like a rough stretch for the last little while here. The silver lining is it sounds like you’ll land on your feet/have options.

I’d say my biggest professional anxiety is something similar happening to me…there’s this potentially huge project that will for sure land in my lap if the deal gets completed, but if some shit goes the wrong way…might want to be calling one of these pesky recruiters back. But I think I’m safe, for now…

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Big 30 today. Feel like a joined the club a few years back honestly.

Mrs is still snoring away so I'm doing what I do best on days off - getting up early with a coffee to play something. Cheers!

Peggies

Gold Member
Big 30 today. Feel like a joined the club a few years back honestly.

Mrs is still snoring away so I'm doing what I do best on days off - getting up early with a coffee to play something. Cheers!
Have a good day!

Happy Birthday Banana GIF by MOODMAN

• Love
Reactions: AV

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I’m sorry man, sounds like a rough stretch for the last little while here. The silver lining is it sounds like you’ll land on your feet/have options.

I’d say my biggest professional anxiety is something similar happening to me…there’s this potentially huge project that will for sure land in my lap if the deal gets completed, but if some shit goes the wrong way…might want to be calling one of these pesky recruiters back. But I think I’m safe, for now…

Oh boy, sorry to hear that. Or is it a good thing maybe? You sound like someone who can find something better in no time. Feel hugged 😘

I appreciate it. Just sucks the whole thing is happening now, instead of after Dec. It puts my bonus in jeopardy and that's 20% of my wages for the year. Finding a new job won't be too much of a challenge.

Peggies

Gold Member
I appreciate it. Just sucks the whole thing is happening now, instead of after Dec. It puts my bonus in jeopardy and that's 20% of my wages for the year. Finding a new job won't be too much of a challenge.
Stupid bonus system you guys have. I only know that from movies like Christmas Vacation.

tQMjDYR.jpg

But what about the severence package? Isn't that some nice amount?
Anyway, I'm sorry. That's shit! So shit! Fuck that shit!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Stupid bonus system you guys have. I only know that from movies like Christmas Vacation.

tQMjDYR.jpg

But what about the severence package? Isn't that some nice amount?
Anyway, I'm sorry. That's shit! So shit! Fuck that shit!
I won't know about the severance package until next week at the earliest. Basically, I am not supposed to know what's going on, but my boss tipped me off. My boss is the best one I've ever had and we get along very well. I know he thinks highly of me, so I know he'll have my back through the whole thing. He and I are going to have a long chat next week about everything.

The issue is a new director asked me to approve something I wasn't authorized to approve. I did not do it, so he is complaining to HR. I can survive this and keep my job but the problem is if I do, long-term that relationship is done. That means I would be taken off all topics relating to the person's team. Which is not good optics and would definitely limit what options I have for growth & development within the company. This is the first time I've ever had an official complaint about me and I've dealt with some real dickheads in the past.

I asked the boss to have them prepare a severance package because I haven't been happy anyway and was already planning to leave in Jan/Feb unless this project really takes off. My departure is going to cause issues on that project so I will some leverage when it comes time to negotiate everything.

I could request a position change and I may still do that, as my seniority within the company gives me a ridiculous amount of PTO each year. I would basically go from 6 weeks paid leave down to 2 at a new employer. This is the part that stings the most.

I did get a soft offer from the European boss to go work overseas. That would resolve the issue in the short-to-medium term. By the time I would get back to the states, the director will probably be gone. The previous 2 people in his position only lasted about a year.

The plan is to get through work today and update my resume. I'll starting monitoring the local job market and applying to the ones most appealing. I will either need to find new work before Thanksgiving or I'll be without until Jan/Feb. It's not an issue if I need to wait that long, I just really do not want to dip into our savings.

Last edited:

Peggies

Gold Member
I won't know about the severance package until next week at the earliest. Basically, I am not supposed to know what's going on, but my boss tipped me off. My boss is the best one I've ever had and we get along very well. I know he thinks highly of me, so I know he'll have my back through the whole thing. He and I are going to have a long chat next week about everything.

The issue is a new director asked me to approve something I wasn't authorized to approve. I did not do it, so he is complaining to HR. I can survive this and keep my job but the problem is if I do, long-term that relationship is done. That means I would be taken off all topics relating to the person's team. Which is not good optics and would definitely limit what options I have for growth & development within the company. This is the first time I've ever had an official complaint about me and I've dealt with some real dickheads in the past.

I asked the boss to have them prepare a severance package because I haven't been happy anyway and was already planning to leave in Jan/Feb unless this project really takes off. My departure is going to cause issues on that project so I will some leverage when it comes time to negotiate everything.

I could request a position change and I may still do that, as my seniority within the company gives me a ridiculous amount of PTO each year. I would basically go from 6 weeks paid leave down to 2 at a new employer. This is the part that stings the most.

I did get a soft offer from the European boss to go work overseas. That would resolve the issue in the short-to-medium term. By the time I would get back to the states, the director will probably be gone. The previous 2 people in his position only lasted about a year.

The plan is to get through work today and update my resume. I'll starting monitoring the local job market and applying to the ones most appealing. I will either need to find new work before Thanksgiving or I'll be without until Jan/Feb. It's not an issue if I need to wait that long, I just really do not want to dip into our savings.
Yay, come to Europe!
It'll be like European Vacation!

KukwP0k.jpg

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Family Guy is still nothing but cut away gags and pop culture references. My daughter has gotten into it lately and has been watching some of the recent seasons and it's still the same shit.

Thaedolus

Well I’m not coming over for dinner.
Not a fan of Rocky Mountain Oysters? The first year I participated in the spring ceremony at the tender age of 15 I was greeted with a testicle smacking me on the cheek and splattering blood on my Metallica hat. The next year my dad was there filming the event, and my brother in law (who threw the cow nuts at me) wasn’t really paying attention while holding the calf down an I was cutting open a scrotum and it got a leg loose and kicked me upside the head. And I ripped that motherfucker’s balls off. Me 1, Cow….1

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Not a fan of Rocky Mountain Oysters? The first year I participated in the spring ceremony at the tender age of 15 I was greeted with a testicle smacking me on the cheek and splattering blood on my Metallica hat. The next year my dad was there filming the event, and my brother in law (who threw the cow nuts at me) wasn’t really paying attention while holding the calf down an I was cutting open a scrotum and it got a leg loose and kicked me upside the head. And I ripped that motherfucker’s balls off. Me 1, Cow….1
I do not want to donate any of my own “oysters” pal.

Thaedolus

When I say ripped…I mean cutting a hole in the scrotum with my BIL’s dad’s ancient rusty incredibly dull knife then bare handedly grabbing them between the middle and index fingers and pulling until they weren’t attached anymore.

That somehow wasn’t as bad as branding.

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
When I say ripped…I mean cutting a hole in the scrotum with my BIL’s dad’s ancient rusty incredibly dull knife then bare handedly grabbing them between the middle and index fingers and pulling until they weren’t attached anymore.

That somehow wasn’t as bad as branding.
You became a man that day. You should be thankful.

Thaedolus

Well my old girl was out barking up a storm here at 4AM. When I got up to tell her to shut the fuck up there were two bucks in the yard, again…too bad I’m not the kind of guy to pull out a bow, got room in the deep freeze….

…tossed a rock their way and told my bitch to get inside

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I has an employee who was about 5 foot, maybe 90 lbs. She would constantly talk about castrating animals on her farm growing up. She also would let any potential male suitors that she had this skillset. As well as her male colleagues when they sassed her.

I made a point to always be polite. :)

Thaedolus

The toddler has reached the phase of trying to fuck with my watch constantly when sitting with me. Managed to send a gibberish text to my mom before I realized what was going on

Edit

Oh also started a cycling workout where I’ve gone .1 mile in 30 minutes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom