• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggies

Gold Member
A black hole of an online game that has devoured a few of my acquaintances.

Speaking of acquaintances, one of mine cut off every finger except his thumb on his left had yesterday. They were able to reattach 3…be careful with saws!

League of Legends. Bleh accurately describes what it’s like to play.
Thank you, two good sirs! I was thinking "Lord of the Lings"?! That can't be right.
I have to remember bleh, that's nice!

Good lord, I hope your buddy is kind of alright? But it's not related to League of Legends, or is it? :messenger_hushed:

Thaedolus

Thank you, two good sirs! I was thinking "Lord of the Lings"?! That can't be right.

Good lord, I hope your buddy is kind of alright? But it's not related to League of Legends, or is it? :messenger_hushed:
Nah just a table saw. He’s more of a friend of a friend, apparently doing ok. He’s grateful he’s got all but one reattached, but has a road to recovery ahead of him…just depends on how you slice it.

*Nightwing

Banned
How the fuck do you manage that and how does that table saw not have a saw stop installed. Americans are fucking retarded.
When I tested the sawstop with a hotdog and it worked, my table saw wouldn’t turn back on so I bypassed it completely to get it working again. I have no idea why it didn’t work again with real flesh… Howed you know I am American?

Richard Packer

Gold Member
When I tested the sawstop with a hotdog and it worked, my table saw wouldn’t turn back on so I bypassed it completely to get it working again. I have no idea why it didn’t work again with real flesh… Howed you know I am American?
You should have called someone over to help you out. They are tricky.

nush

AJUMP23 AJUMP23

I got laid off one time, they relocated our department of 3 to another location. The department head and my manger both knew for a long time and made sure they were alright and got relocated and just tossed me out without even an offer of relocation.
Couple of years later that same company rehired me for a different business group, I'm not too proud to suck it up and accept more money. This was the same office they had previously relocated to. That manager and department head were working on the same floor as I did, I was professional and never gave them any crap about the past. Then about two years later their department was relocated and both of them got laid off while I kept my job. I did manage to hide my shit-eating grin until after they had left the building.

Kamas a bitch.

badblue

Gold Member
So, I'm outside enjoying the balmy 14c (57.2) clear blue sky weather on my deck with a fat blunt and a local craft beer and about 15 minutes later my cat join's me. Barry has brought his own treat with him in the form of a live mouse. So there I am sitting there watching him and he's sitting there eating a live mouse.

I could have stopped him at any time but the morbid curiosity got to me. He didn't play, it was all quick and now I know that I don't need to look for the source of feathers I find on the living room carpet a few times a week.

cat tax:
uAujMvZ.jpg

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
AJUMP23 AJUMP23

I got laid off one time, they relocated our department of 3 to another location. The department head and my manger both knew for a long time and made sure they were alright and got relocated and just tossed me out without even an offer of relocation.
Couple of years later that same company rehired me for a different business group, I'm not too proud to suck it up and accept more money. This was the same office they had previously relocated to. That manager and department head were working on the same floor as I did, I was professional and never gave them any crap about the past. Then about two years later their department was relocated and both of them got laid off while I kept my job. I did manage to hide my shit-eating grin until after they had left the building.

Kamas a bitch.

What. This isn’t me. But if you are relating your story for me. I appreciate it. I left that job for a job that paid 20% more and have continued my career.

I think you mean Karma not Kama.

Thaedolus

As a person who operates heavy equipment all day, some people have no right renting these tools. How the fuck do you manage that and how does that table saw not have a saw stop installed. Americans are fucking retarded.
at least I think it was a table saw. I dunno I got the story like third hand. Maybe a miter saw. That would actually make more sense now that I think about it.

Oh PS not that it matters but he’s Mexican

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Kick them out.
We rent, at least for now with the AZ double barrel crash coming in
It's not so bad, we hung out all the time as kids playing games, typically DOTA and LoL. He's having a custody battle and with the new TV, him, his fiance and I have been chilling a hell of a lot more and it seems to be relaxing him pretty good, not to mention some other things going of for him

I'll mention playing Lord of the Lings (SC2) with him and see what he says

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
As a person who operates heavy equipment all day, some people have no right renting these tools. How the fuck do you manage that and how does that table saw not have a saw stop installed. Americans are fucking retarded.
I know exactly how you feel. As a tree surgeon (now retired) I've noticed that P.P.E and risk assessments aren't valid to our American friends when wielding a chainsaw around.😲

UL4gRVd.gif

Last edited:

Thaedolus

I'm an idiot. Glad I did that on my phone. Reminds me when I browsed OnlyFans for the first time in its early days on my work PC thinking it was another version of Twitter.
Gott 'eeemmmmm

For some reason MalwareBytes is blocking all Google domains on my desktop today, wtf is up with that...

Thaedolus

Oooh one big happy pill, sounds nice.

Happy Pills Dancing GIF

Why do you need them? Are you in pain?
Yeah, woke up with a headache probably caused by my upper back/neck, which are both overly tight and sore right now. Probably all the culmination of over a decade of poor posture working desk jobs and straining my back a bit camping over the weekend. I tend to muscle up the tongue of the trailer to where it needs to be if I miss it when backing up to it, and hey I'm getting older and that's probably not great for the back. Also it has less-than-ideal pads for beds, so that didn't help. My next trailer is going to have a goddamn proper mattress.

Peggies

Gold Member
Yeah, woke up with a headache probably caused by my upper back/neck, which are both overly tight and sore right now. Probably all the culmination of over a decade of poor posture working desk jobs and straining my back a bit camping over the weekend. I tend to muscle up the tongue of the trailer to where it needs to be if I miss it when backing up to it, and hey I'm getting older and that's probably not great for the back. Also it has less-than-ideal pads for beds, so that didn't help. My next trailer is going to have a goddamn proper mattress.

homer simpson GIF

Just kiddin'! I'm sorry to hear that. Desk jobs are the worst for your back and neck. You should try Yoga (I know, sounds silly but it's really good for tensions in your muscles) And take the pill, maybe with some nice cold beer.

Thaedolus

homer simpson GIF

Just kiddin'! I'm sorry to hear that. Desk jobs are the worst for your back and neck. You should try Yoga (I know, sounds silly but it's really good for tensions in your muscles) And take the pill, maybe with some nice cold beer.
I just took 600mg of the OTC kind (3x200mg). Seems to be helping. I'm not opposed to Yoga, I've just never really gotten into it when I've tried it...I probably just need to give it more time. It's probably not coincidental my exercise routine really suffered the last couple months because it was so goddamn hot here, and I like to exercise outside, but I've been getting back into it this week. A crisp 50F on my morning walk today.

Lady Jane

Banned
homer simpson GIF

Yoga does wonders for your back! I'm on a plane every week and I started to have back issues as well. After a few weeks of of yoga, it was bliss.

Peggies

Gold Member
I just took 600mg of the OTC kind (3x200mg). Seems to be helping. I'm not opposed to Yoga, I've just never really gotten into it when I've tried it...I probably just need to give it more time. It's probably not coincidental my exercise routine really suffered the last couple months because it was so goddamn hot here, and I like to exercise outside, but I've been getting back into it this week. A crisp 50F on my morning walk today.
S6K99gp.jpg

It's actually a really good way to strengthen as well as to stretch muscles. You just gotta leave out the new age eso shit.

My routine suffered as well because of the heat and the little chaos dwarf. Now it's kind of cold here and we can't heat because Putin is a meanie.

Peggies

Gold Member
We were having regular phone calls/meetups for a while but I screamed at her pretty bad a few weeks ago and that all stopped. I'm just leaving her alone and trying not to think about her now. I started the process of fostering a dog and connected with an old friend who I've been hanging out with. Good distractions.
Yes, get a doggo, meet with friends and remember:

We Love You GIF by GIPHY News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom