• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggies

Gold Member
Law And Order Yes GIF by Wolf Entertainment

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So what are your thoughts on vasectomy? I know Thaedolus Thaedolus had one.
I'm trying to convince my husband but he fears to be emasculated.
I should probably get one if rumors are true that contraceptives are going to be nixed. The wife has an IUD and I would prefer that route as it helps regulate her period in a way no other contraceptive does. I would have liked to be the one to make the decision about kids, but taking health of the mother out of the equation is too risky for us. So, I guess our decision has been made. Not worth risking my wife's life over it. Shame we've got zealots in charge over here.

Peggies

Gold Member
I should probably get one if rumors are true that contraceptives are going to be nixed. The wife has an IUD and I would prefer that route as it helps regulate her period in a way no other contraceptive does. I would have liked to be the one to make the decision about kids, but taking health of the mother out of the equation is too risky for us. So, I guess our decision has been made. Not worth risking my wife's life over it. Shame we've got zealots in charge over here.
What do you mean "going to be nixed"? Like "canceled"? Omg cancel culture is real :messenger_face_screaming:.

I used to have an IUD as well. It was really practical but I suffered from cramps all the time. So that's not an option.

Sorry to hear about your wife's health. You always stroke me as someone who doesn't want any children. But it sucks if it's not your own decision, true!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
What do you mean "going to be nixed"? Like "canceled"? Omg cancel culture is real :messenger_face_screaming:.

I used to have an IUD as well. It was really practical but I suffered from cramps all the time. So that's not an option.

Sorry to hear about your wife's health. You always stroke me as someone who doesn't want any children. But it sucks if it's not your own decision, true!
There are rumors contraceptives will be outlawed by the Supreme Court. Same kind of rumors as when abortion ban was uncertain.

I've been on the fence about having kids. It's shitty when your government tells you that you can't and you don't really have an option anymore. My wife is healthy but her mom had complications during her pregnancies. We aren't interested in gambling on my wife's life.

Peggies

Gold Member
There are rumors contraceptives will be outlawed by the Supreme Court. Same kind of rumors as when abortion ban was uncertain.

I've been on the fence about having kids. It's shitty when your government tells you that you can't and you don't really have an option anymore. My wife is healthy but her mom had complications during her pregnancies. We aren't interested in gambling on my wife's life.
Wtf? Are you serious? I must have missed that. That's some dystopic weird shit.

Thaedolus

Vasectomy has been totally effective and after a couple months, everything felt totally normal again. Out of the like 10 guys I know that have had a vasectomy, one guy had a lot of pain post-op that lingered for about 6 months but finally went away and he’s back to normal. Should be noted he’s morbidly obese and apparently the doc had a lot of trouble during the procedure 🤷‍♀️

So I think it’s the way to go if you know you’re done. We were lucky to be able to use an IUD up until we wanted kids, popped that thing out and immediately got pregnant like the first or second month we tried, no miscarriages or complications, two healthy kids, then snip snip for me. Just get some bags of frozen peas and some movies or video games to last a couple days and he’ll be fine.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
The SC would never ever ever outlaw contraception. I find it worrisome that people are even thinking that.
"In future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court's substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell. Because any substantive due process decision is "demonstrably erroneous," we have a duty to "correct the error" established in those precedents," he wrote.

"After overruling these demonstrably erroneous decisions, the question would remain whether other constitutional provisions guarantee the myriad rights that our substantive due process cases have generated"
This was Clarence Thomas' phrasing on the abortion overrule and the source of the concern. Griswold was about contraceptives: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griswold_v._Connecticut

It is a real concern.

Peggies

Gold Member
Vasectomy has been totally effective and after a couple months, everything felt totally normal again. Out of the like 10 guys I know that have had a vasectomy, one guy had a lot of pain post-op that lingered for about 6 months but finally went away and he’s back to normal. Should be noted he’s morbidly obese and apparently the doc had a lot of trouble during the procedure 🤷‍♀️

So I think it’s the way to go if you know you’re done. We were lucky to be able to use an IUD up until we wanted kids, popped that thing out and immediately got pregnant like the first or second month we tried, no miscarriages or complications, two healthy kids, then snip snip for me. Just get some bags of frozen peas and some movies or video games to last a couple days and he’ll be fine.
Ok, I read your post to him and he was like "What's the peas for?!"
frustrated chloe sevigny GIF by Portlandia

Thaedolus

I don't know. I mean, true the abortion law was quite a shock and I would never have guessed they'd go that far but forbidding contraception?

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
If you believe a zygote is a fully fledged human being with protected rights then I suppose it makes sense, but you’re already insane if you’ve made that first conclusion.

Anyway, tell your hubby it’ll be an uncomfortable few days but it’s totally bearable. I hate being in pain, especially around my most prized possession, but I managed just fine. The worst part was having to wear supportive briefs for a couple weeks (and what styles I saw on Amazon when shopping for them 😳).

Mr Hyde

I can't sleep 😴 tired as hell, completely exhausted since I didn't get more than maybe 5 hours yesterday but I just can't fall asleep. I'm just twisting and turning. Looking at the phone doesn't help either. God damnit.

Artoris

Gold Member
I can't sleep 😴 tired as hell, completely exhausted since I didn't get more than maybe 5 hours yesterday but I just can't fall asleep. I'm just twisting and turning. Looking at the phone doesn't help either. God damnit.
I find that drinking a pint of water can help also opening the window

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Yeah, woke up with a headache probably caused by my upper back/neck, which are both overly tight and sore right now. Probably all the culmination of over a decade of poor posture working desk jobs and straining my back a bit camping over the weekend. I tend to muscle up the tongue of the trailer to where it needs to be if I miss it when backing up to it, and hey I'm getting older and that's probably not great for the back. Also it has less-than-ideal pads for beds, so that didn't help. My next trailer is going to have a goddamn proper mattress.
Go to a chiropractor that's in network; best decision in a long time for me

Physical therapy 4 times a week
Full adjustments 4 times a week
Ducrose shots 4 times a week
1 hour massage every week
You need a Y Strap my dude

You probably have FHP (Forward Head Position) and they'll give you braces for it that you wear a few times a day but are gorgeous for pain and posture
So what are your thoughts on vasectomy? I know Thaedolus Thaedolus had one.
I'm trying to convince my husband but he fears to be emasculated.
Emasculated? What the bruh thinking he gonna knock you up when you're 70?
Melatonin for hard nights (it's a hormone, try to use it sparingly)
And get a blindfold, another life changer for me; once you get used to wearing it while sleeping it's awesome, just gotta stick to it

Thaedolus

Looking back through my workout logs this summer, May- early July = excellent. Late July - now WTF. I knew I let it drop off a bit but I didn’t realize how much. I also packed on about 5lbs when I had been dropping steadily all year.

Oh well, at least that’s easy enough to work off in a week or two. We’re still figuring out how to adjust to this new schedule between the wife and me. She didn’t realize I was out walking the dog in the dark early this morning and went to the gym before I got back, which meant we accidentally left the kids home alone (asleep) for probably 15 minutes or so. Whoops. But now that all the summer birthdays and holidays are over, I got a couple months before the fall feasting really begins…gotta get my beach body ready in case there are swingers on this cruise coming up amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom