• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaedolus

Someone had the bright idea of making me go get the new COVID booster and flu shot at the same time yesterday, now we’ve both got aching shoulders (on the flu shot side interestingly enough) and feel slightly unwell.

This is why you keep those extra oxies from when they used to hand them out like candy…to aid in recovering from a tiny poke

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
Someone had the bright idea of making me go get the new COVID booster and flu shot at the same time yesterday, now we’ve both got aching shoulders (on the flu shot side interestingly enough) and feel slightly unwell.

This is why you keep those extra oxies from when they used to hand them out like candy…to aid in recovering from a tiny poke
At least you're safe from covid now

Richard Packer

Gold Member
How come this thread gets even weirder each time I visit it?
ngRrQVF.jpg

Thaedolus

Friday = “I’m working a half day today” = (but I’m really getting shit ready all morning to go camping and we’re pulling out of here around noon but I’ll make sure my laptop is on…)

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Is there a link or thread for reporting ads? I didn't realize I was in an incognito window and browsed to GAF only to be greeted by a gigantic ad for some anti-vaxxer, anti-science ("climate change ain't real, Clem!"), insane stolen-election conspiracy theory site. I can report it via Google Ads of course but if they're running the ads they're clearly fine with it as an ad-server. I am sure the brass here wouldn't want that kind of drivel associated with them, so maybe they can take more direct action.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Well lads and laddies, the greenhouse is up! We assembled the vast majority of it over yesterday and today. Only piece remaining are the doors. We’ll get those up tomorrow. I’ll try to remember to take a photo to share.

After that, we still have to grade the land around the exterior and install the solar fans to help with interior climate. We will also need to install the fan for the geothermal piping. Then I’m free and the wifey can build her garden beds inside.

This was a really cool project. While frustrating at times, the experience was nice to share with my wife and a few our good friends. I learned that I really enjoy concrete work too.

Now we still need to replace the garage door before winter. Lots to do still. I’m quite enjoying my middle age.

Lady Jane

Banned
Well lads and laddies, the greenhouse is up! We assembled the vast majority of it over yesterday and today. Only piece remaining are the doors. We’ll get those up tomorrow. I’ll try to remember to take a photo to share.

After that, we still have to grade the land around the exterior and install the solar fans to help with interior climate. We will also need to install the fan for the geothermal piping. Then I’m free and the wifey can build her garden beds inside.

This was a really cool project. While frustrating at times, the experience was nice to share with my wife and a few our good friends. I learned that I really enjoy concrete work too.

Now we still need to replace the garage door before winter. Lots to do still. I’m quite enjoying my middle age.

Congrats!!!

We just installed a garage door opener and it was actually a fun project minus the four Home Depot trips 🙃

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
Is there a link or thread for reporting ads? I didn't realize I was in an incognito window and browsed to GAF only to be greeted by a gigantic ad for some anti-vaxxer, anti-science ("climate change ain't real, Clem!"), insane stolen-election conspiracy theory site. I can report it via Google Ads of course but if they're running the ads they're clearly fine with it as an ad-server. I am sure the brass here wouldn't want that kind of drivel associated with them, so maybe they can take more direct action.
Im more concerned about your use of gaf and beating off at the same time.

Peggies

Gold Member
Bosses that have your back are the best. It’s been a while since I had a shitty one, but it’s not a great feeling. But right now, while never trying to be a prick or anything, I’m feeling pretty secure about shit because I know mine has my back and he’s the VP so… 🤷‍♀️
The trick is to find the ideal amount of coffee cups to throw that keeps your team happy.

Thaedolus

Well just got back from the camping trip with at least 20lbs of mud on my truck, and it’s like chunking off in my driveway right now. I’m gonna have to do like a pre car wash before going to the regular car wash.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Well now that the exterior is done I think I’m just gonna pay someone to do the interior and maybe even the engine bay which is also quite messy now.

But you know what? There’s nothing like getting up some gnarly shit with your little camper trailer where nobody else dares to go. I think this is our final trip with the little guy, we’ve been wanting to upgrade for a while and it’s the end of the season…and that’ll be the end of that, probably. No way I’d try to tow anything bigger up that mess, but no regrets getting the off-road package on the truck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom