• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggies

Gold Member
I kept checking to see if neogaf was still down and then trying to pull up neogaf to ask if it was down for everyone else.

Tom Hanks Dipshit GIF
I know what you mean. I felt guideless, vulnerable and fragile. Almost naked.
But then I thought Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage wouldn't want us to despair. And here we are, stronger than ever.
And it's friday! Yay!
tom hardy doof warrior GIF

Saber

It looks like Patrick S. Patrick S. was posting some racial commentary; I still don't know what happened to Fuz Fuz . 🤷‍♀️

I would like to know as well. Fuz isn't a bad guy from my experience and even though I believe in the mods judgement, simply posting "dumbass" as context doesn't help at all...if that can even be called a context(that should be taken as a constructive criticism).

Last edited:

Hudo

Can someone explain to me why there seemingly is a rise in console war drama recently? Someone suggested to ignore all these threads. So the solution is to ignore half the board? Some threads could've very well been Twitter threads, which is like a bar you usually don't want to drop to.

Last edited:

Kilau

I would like to know as well. Fuz isn't a bad guy from my experience and even though I believe in the mods judgement, simply posting "dumbass" as context doesn't help at all...if that can even be called a context(that should be taken as a constructive criticism).
Dumbass was a direct quote to what Fuz posted. So that’s probably it.

Can someone explain to me why there seemingly is a rise in console war drama recently? Someone suggested to ignore all these threads. So the solution is to ignore half the board? Some threads could've very well been Twitter threads, which is like a bar you usually don't want to drop to.
I’ve noticed this also. My guess is that feelings are riding high in the warrior community over ABK, Starfield and even the BG3 Series S drama. It's hard to ascribe rational reason to irrational reactions though. I don't ignore them, far too entertaining watching them dance around the flames.

Thaedolus

“You might also like Grave of the Fireflies…”

Ya know what algorithm we’re gonna pass on that one for a couple more decades I’ve been traumatized enough thanks

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

People like things, but oftentimes, people don't like it when other people like other things.

PBF-Skub-1.png

In addition to what Rentahamster Rentahamster said, I wonder how much of console warring is people trolling other people by saying knowingly inflammatory things they don't actually believe. Because they like getting a rise out of people.

Hudo

In addition to what Rentahamster Rentahamster said, I wonder how much of console warring is people trolling other people by saying knowingly inflammatory things they don't actually believe. Because they like getting a rise out of people.
Yeah, that thought had crossed my mind as well. And maybe there are some people on GAF who do that, But I generally get the feeling that the console warriors are quite serious, up to the point where I considered that maybe there are a lot of actual investors/shareholders frequenting GAF.

Yeah, that thought had crossed my mind as well. And maybe there are some people on GAF who do that, But I generally get the feeling that the console warriors are quite serious, up to the point where I considered that maybe there are a lot of actual investors/shareholders frequenting GAF.
Back in the day, GAF had high-ranking devs on here, but do you know if there are still some around today? Or people with enough money and influence to get their ego prodded by someone's opinion on what's essentially a toy?

Yeah, Fuz is/was a good dude in my experience. I never had a bad encounter with Patrick either. RIP
40 Oz Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon
I'm not too familiar with Patrick, but Fuz was a primary contributor to the Genshin Impact OT, and I had a lot of interaction with him there. He was always kind and helpful. In an area of the forum that only has a handful of very active members, his presence will be missed.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
You know I get that children are children and we gotta teach them but how the fuck is it not baked into the firmware to flush a giant log of shit down the toilet? Like we put a man on the moon for Christ’s sake why am I…
Not gonna lie, as a grown man, I still do this occasionally.

If it's yellow, let it mellow.
If it's brown... Let it mellow, too.

Toons

Man we lost some long time members. I have to think there was more going on that I dont know about. Is what it is I guess. I've had disagreements with Fuz but he seemed aight. Idk about Patrick, don't think I interacted with him much.

I'll always remember azzuro for using the "wife's boyfriend" insult on me.

Thaedolus

“Why’d you put that in the SOP?”

BECAUSE IF I SEE A BROWN M&M…Jesus don’t you know that story?! Devil’s in the details motherfucker! Ain’t talking about love over here.

Fuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom