• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Two days ago I finally decided to start my pre-TPP series playthrough, starting with the very first MSX game.

Now I've beaten MGS1 and there are two questions in my mind that I've always wanted to ask.

Near the end when Naomi reveals the truth about her past with Grey Fox, Snake ends up asking "What about Liquid and the others?".

Naomi replies with "Oh, I'll have my revenge on them too...".

And I have to ask, revenge for what, you crazy girl? What did Liquid ever do to you? Was he actually involved with Dr. Clark's experiments, or what?

Another hing I've always wondered, during the credits you'll notice that Kojima had a real hands on aproach with this game, he was directly involved with the map design, camera positions during gameplay, enemy routes, the VR mission maps and a whole lot of other things.

Is he actually still that much involved in the later games? At least going by the credits it doesn't look that way.

1. Not that I know of.
2. Well I'm sure he's making final decision on everything but the later games have gotten so much more big and complex so he wouldn't be able to handle things like in the PS1 days.

Just wait. You'll see.

Christmas just got a whole lot interesting.

JayEH

Were you ever doubting this? Kojima Productions and KONAMI been ready to announce a release date for a while. They were just waiting for the right time.

I don't get hyped for anything MG related anymore. Been burned too many times.

Salaadin

SRDp3El.png
Shaved 10 minutes off my time from the PS4 version. So happy!

Im surprised at how good GZ controls on PC. It was weird for about 5 minutes but Im so used to it now.

Weirdly enough, the game controls badly with the 360 controller on PC. I never have issues with that controller but in GZ, it feels like the deadzones are too big or something. I have to resort to flicking the stick to aim properly because Im always overshooting or undershooting my target. Using the mouse eliminates it.

What is this about a TPP release date next week? Did I miss something?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Checking the Steam GZ achievement stats, only a 67.5% of people who have launched GZ have rescued Chico or Paz. 1 hour what

JayEH

It is! I like the show... *runs*

No need to run lol. I like it as well. I'm waiting for them to finishing dubbing season 2 before I continue since the dub is pretty good. I watched the first couple episodes of 2 but didn't like that it seemed like a repeat of the first season. Hopefully it's something different.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Near the end when Naomi reveals the truth about her past with Grey Fox, Snake ends up asking "What about Liquid and the others?".

Naomi replies with "Oh, I'll have my revenge on them too...".

And I have to ask, revenge for what, you crazy girl? What did Liquid ever do to you? Was he actually involved with Dr. Clark's experiments, or what?

Good point.

Another hing I've always wondered, during the credits you'll notice that Kojima had a real hands on aproach with this game, he was directly involved with the map design, camera positions during gameplay, enemy routes, the VR mission maps and a whole lot of other things.

Is he actually still that much involved in the later games? At least going by the credits it doesn't look that way.

I saw on the behind the scenes video for MGS 2 worked on level design using Lego. Was he credited for that?

No need to run lol. I like it as well. I'm waiting for them to finishing dubbing season 2 before I continue since the dub is pretty good. I watched the first couple episodes of 2 but didn't like that it seemed like a repeat of the first season. Hopefully it's something different.

Ah, yeah! I can see that. There's some truth to that, for sure, but I enjoyed PSYCHO-PASS 2 just as much!

Nobody said it was releasing next week.

Right. I think that people were misconstruing "release date" as "the day of release."

Javier23

Banned
Honestly, I'll be genuinely surprised if the release date, whenever it's announced, is not the 22nd of June. That shirt clearly had a purpose, and I'm not a fan of overwrought theories when there is such an easy explanation.

JayEH

Honestly, I'll be genuinely surprised if the release date, whenever it's announced, is not the 22nd of June. That shirt clearly had a purpose, and I'm not a fan of overwrought theories when there is such an easy explanation.

22nd is a Monday though.

Batzi

Banned

It was a reference to Herman Melville's 6th book, Moby Dick's 22nd chapter called "Merry Christmas".

22nd June, all the way. Doesn't matter if it's a monday. Games won't be released only on tuesdays.

True sometimes they are released on Fridays and Thursdays.

Honestly I'm kind of hoping for sooner rather than later, but hey I've waited what feels like 9 years of blue balls for the next real Metal Gear Solid title(and you know what? I'm happy it's another Big Boss game I love the character
until we switch to Solid Snake for the last 1/4 of the game as a remake of MG1.
) and soon we'll all get to play it and have our MGO pie too.

JayEH

As far as I know, games don't come out on Mondays in any territory including Japan. Tuesday for NA, Friday for Europe, Thursday or Sunday(?) for Japan.

I'm definitely convinced the t-shirt has some kind of hidden meaning that Kojima plans to reveal at some point, but can't say i'm absolutely certain of either theory. It could mean the release date is June 22nd, it could mean an announcement on Christmas Day or maybe something entirerly different that we haven't thought of yet! But either way, I believe in the t-shirt.

Salaadin

NEW MGO INFO BROS
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=17238

SOP is replaced with the marking system (shared by all), dynamic weather and player numbers.

Also they're not sure if it'll release on the same day as TPP - would that imply if it's a separate game?

I'm pretty sure Konami already said it's free with all copies of MGS5.

I think that MGO is a separate disc though. It even has its own icon on the ps4 ui, as seen in a tweet a few weeks back.

The wording is that they aren't sure if it's going to "launch" with mgs5. Maybe theyre referring to the servers going live. Or maybe MGO is a free download on psn but they aren't sure if it'll be ready to go with MGS5.

I remember LD made a thread about that in gaming, all I can say is my hype can't be contained...although Team Sneaking seems like it's different than what it was before unless my memory escapes me, I always thought TSNE was Soldiers vs one randomly chosen person to play as Snake(MGO2)/Big Boss(MGO1). The trailer looked a lot more like Search and Destroy to me, but if that's what TSNE is now I guess that's alright.

I'm pretty sure Konami already said it's free with all copies of MGS5.

I think that MGO is a separate disc though. It even has its own icon on the ps4 ui, as seen in a tweet a few weeks back.

The wording is that they aren't sure if it's going to "launch" with mgs5. Maybe theyre referring to the servers going live. Or maybe MGO is a free download on psn but they aren't sure if it'll be ready to go with MGS5.

Boy I sure hope it doesn't end up like GTA Online and its heist mode.

Eternally waiting.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I remember LD made a thread about that in gaming, all I can say is my hype can't be contained...although Team Sneaking seems like it's different than what it was before unless my memory escapes me, I always thought TSNE was Soldiers vs one randomly chosen person to play as Snake(MGO2)/Big Boss(MGO1). The trailer looked a lot more like Search and Destroy to me, but if that's what TSNE is now I guess that's alright.

Nah, TSNE was an invisible team vs a better armed non-invisible team in a Search and Destroy style scenario. Snake vs Many was just SNE or SNK, I think.

Javier23

Banned
As far as I know, games don't come out on Mondays in any territory including Japan. Tuesday for NA, Friday for Europe, Thursday or Sunday(?) for Japan.
Can't believe I've never noticed this before. OK, so NOW I get the "Merry Chistmas" theory and why it would make sense. I remain very cautious though, to the point that I'll be surprised if we get the release date this week. Might be a natural reaction given past Kojima's announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom