• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I had a dream about MGS last night that none of you will care about.

Basically it was like horde mode in MGS - mixed with P.T. The level was based in the engine room in the tanker from MGS2. Initially it starts with waves of Gurlukovich soldiers, and then there would be boss versions of like zombie Fatman and the woman ghost from P.T.

It seemed cool in the dream as you would group together and kind of scope out areas of the tanker while being chased yourself.

They would really need to beef up the MGSV soldiers for that. It's really easy to blast away tons of soldiers in GZ with the rifles. Give some soldiers shields, heavy weapons, ninja suits, and the ability to revive comrades.

JayEH

How's the PC version looking?

They would really need to beef up the MGSV soldiers for that. It's really easy to blast away tons of soldiers in GZ with the rifles. Give some soldiers shields, heavy weapons, ninja suits, and the ability to revive comrades.

Looks like some of the soldiers will be heavily armored like PW given the TGS demo.

Akiller

10387334_676187809164369_3782315345692290684_n.jpg
He did.

Vally

Anyone in here bought the PC version of GZ?

Thoughts? Impressions?

I bought it just out of curiosity to see how it performed, and it's hard to believe how well it runs... I didn't even expect it to run on my 3 year old laptop and here I am playing with nearly all the graphical options at extra high. Amazing port.

Rajang

I bought it just out of curiosity to see how it performed, and it's hard to believe how well it runs... I didn't even expect it to run on my 3 year old laptop and here I am playing with nearly all the graphical options at extra high. Amazing port.

Wow, that's quite impressive. What are the specs of your laptop?

Vally

Wow, that's quite impressive. What are the specs of your laptop?

i5-2340M @ 2.40GHz
GeForce GT 540M
6GB RAM

The framerate was too low with everything on Extra High though, so now I've set all the options to High at 720p to keep the framerate above 30 fps.

I bought it after I traded in Smash Bros because I just can't get into it and nobody will play with me.

Anyway, I'm absolutely fucking gobsmacked at how well this runs and how much better it looks on PC. The controls are fantastic, 1-4 to cycle through and equip items, aiming and movement is perfect and there's even an oldschool movement modifier key like in Thief II: The Metal Age. This whole game is a technical masterpiece and it's only the prologue, I really can't wait how to play The Phantom Pain now though but GZ will give me that taste I need every now and then.

That was one of my biggest concerns because most stealth games do it terribly unless you are Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, in which you use the middle mouse button scroll to adjust Sam's movement speed dynamically. I was hoping for something similar in MGSV but the way they have it now feels even better and the lack of latency because my keyboard is godlike makes Big Boss even more responsive than a dual shock 4.

I tested the DS4 against my M/KB(Sidewinder X4 and a Razer Deathadder 3500 DPI version) and I found myself unexpectedly loving and preferring the mouse and keyboard.

Unless I have a PS4 around the time of TPP(probably unlikely unless I somehow find a giant bag of money), I'm getting it on PC(PLEASE RELEASE THEM AT THE SAME TIME KONAMI/KJP).

Outstanding work Kojima Productions, outfuckingstanding. PC Port of the year right here.

Specs:

Nvidia GZ ready driver(provides a really nice boost to FPS)
GTX580 1.5gb
4gb DDR3 1600 RAM
Core i5 2500k @ 4.5GHZ

Chinner

Banned

Dare I suggest that in 2000 years time, people will use MGS as a beacon of how to live your life, equally guiding you of what is good and bad?

wait a minute....

brothers, who else wants to convert to the religion of metal gear solid v: diamond dogs??

Looks like Kojima has been taking the 'Kojima is God' comments too seriously.

Rajang

Looks like Kojima has been taking the 'Kojima is God' comments too seriously.

He does take it seriously. There is a tape dedicated to it in PW. It's about Cecile's last name: Cosima Caminades which sounds alot like Kojima Kaminandes = Kojima is God.

Here is the tape if you want to listen to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThutNUSMDfY

The japanese version so much better though, where they yell together https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHspMsgpji8#t=69

HAHAHAHA

Vally

M11x R3? :D I have the same laptop..

Nope, mine's a Samsung :)

Did you guys realize that we have yet to see these beautiful ladies rendered in Fox Engine?

https://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb85o4tfkn1reqb72o1_500.png[IMG]
[IMG]https://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb85o4tfkn1reqb72o2_500.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/14/60/45/3344763/3/628x471.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh god, yes please. Amanda, Cécile, MILF Eva... thanks, Fox Engine

I don't think that we'll get to see Cecile in TPP. In one tape Boss and Kaz talk about how she was sent back to France. What reason should she have to return to Boss. Also, the new Mother Base' location is secret.

EDIT: Okay, maybe Skullface will kidnap her because of her connection with MSF.

JayEH

i5-2340M @ 2.40GHz
GeForce GT 540M
6GB RAM

The framerate was too low with everything on Extra High though, so now I've set all the options to High at 720p to keep the framerate above 30 fps.

Now I'm wondering if I can run this on my 525M...

Edit: Lol nope.

I don't think that we'll get to see Cecile in TPP. In one tape Boss and Kaz talk about how she was sent back to France. What reason should she have to return to Boss. Also, the new Mother Base' location is secret.

EDIT: Okay, maybe Skullface will kidnap her because of her connection with MSF.

Some leverage on Kaz.

Hey happy holidays diamond dogs! Hope y'all have a metal gear filled chrismeaux.

Hopefully a release date filled christmas.

Murkrow

Banned
Guys I think it is time for a new theory. But a very good one like Chico being Quiet but kinda different and with more evidence! So show me what you got MGSGAF!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Reminder to everyone in this thread that Running Man has the deepest lore.

Running_Man.png

"Running Man was once a well-known short-distance runner who gained his fame during the Barcelona Olympics, in which he ran the 100-meter dash in 9.69 seconds. His athletic career was put to an end when he was caught doping, using steroids, and he became a mercenary afterwards. He was involved in terrorist activities through all of Europe. He once served as a sub-leader to a French terrorist group and got his name from the German Special Police Force SEK."

Two days ago I finally decided to start my pre-TPP series playthrough, starting with the very first MSX game.

Now I've beaten MGS1 and there are two questions in my mind that I've always wanted to ask.

Near the end when Naomi reveals the truth about her past with Grey Fox, Snake ends up asking "What about Liquid and the others?".

Naomi replies with "Oh, I'll have my revenge on them too...".

And I have to ask, revenge for what, you crazy girl? What did Liquid ever do to you? Was he actually involved with Dr. Clark's experiments, or what?

Another hing I've always wondered, during the credits you'll notice that Kojima had a real hands on aproach with this game, he was directly involved with the map design, camera positions during gameplay, enemy routes, the VR mission maps and a whole lot of other things.

Is he actually still that much involved in the later games? At least going by the credits it doesn't look that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom