• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
i'm worried guys.

what if mgsv becomes like half life 3 or shenmue 3......and we never get it :(

72t4ds_zpscf37dc57c4umo.png

Dawg

what if...

what if...

what if kojima isn't even directing this game and it's actually made by nanomachines and that's why he doesn't know the release date

didju rike it?

Chinner

Banned
what if hideo kojima was cloned by sony to make a new video game creator for the next generation. but they had to make a good and evil clone of kojima. and this game is being made by the evil clone which is why we don't know the release date yet?

JayEH

Just got done playing ground zeroes and really enjoyed it. Not sure I would have paid $30 for it but it was definitely worth the $7 on PSN.

That said, anyone notice how bad the voice acting was? I mean Kiefer was fine but everyone else sounded real bad. Stuff like "played us like a fiddle" ugh. I don't remember games like MGS2 being this bad... Snake, Raiden, Colonel, Ocelot, Rose were all pretty good in that IMO.

Everyone sounded fine to me.

Golnei

what if hideo kojima was cloned by sony to make a new video game creator for the next generation. but they had to make a good and evil clone of kojima. and this game is being made by the evil clone which is why we don't know the release date yet?

Kojima was cloned a long time ago - in fact, it'd be more accurate to say the Hideo Kojima we know was never the 'original'.

tumblr_n7pcszHlLX1spnvlco1_1280.png

Batzi

Banned
Ah, I gotcha; yeah, hopefully, we get some new direct-feed shots soon!

Was wondering, myself. What do you think? I quit caring about any sort of release date-related information, but do you think it's possible that we'll get a new trailer soon? The next Kojima Station isn't until the 22nd of January, so maybe they'll show it there (since there usually isn't this much of a gap between episodes).

I don't expect anything big to be announced during Kojima Station anymore. I think Kojima will organize an event where he will show a new trailer, announce the release date, show off Metal Gear merchandise, the box art, limited editions and possibly other things too all in one day.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
I don't expect anything big to be announced during Kojima Station anymore. I think Kojima will organize an event where he will show a new trailer, announce the release date, show off Metal Gear merchandise, the box art, limited editions and possibly other things too all in one day.

That is what more than likely will happen. I hope your right.
3B0eMKn.gif

Dawg

All I know is that the moment Kojima announces the CE is when I F5 every single pre-order site out there until I have secured one.

Sn4ke_911

Some guy calling Kojima Productions lazy devs because Big Boss hasn't aged enough in nine years. Or something.

thisisneogaf.gif

Seriously you can say you hate the story or don't like this and that but calling Kojima and his team "lazy" get's me really worked up because there are very very few people in this industry who put that much detail in their games like Kojima does in his games. Still after so many years people still find things in his previous MGS games and this guy has the nerves to call them "lazy". GTFO.

On top of that he's completely fucking wrong. When Snake wakes up in the hospital his character model is totally different. They completely changed the body model, thin arms and added extra details, like much more unkempt hair and a bushier beard, and his face also appears to be a bit skinnier etc.

metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-02.jpg

Batzi

Banned
but if those teaser pics are from the new trailer that would suggest it's a gameplay trailer, i thought and kinda hoped for a new story trailer. We'll see.
The only picture that is teasing a new trailer is the one where he says that he's mixing. We always get a new trailer after every mixing picture. The other ones aren't necessarily part of a trailer. He is just testing the PS4 version of the game. He did that with GZ and that's a sign that the game is nearing completion.

Sn4ke_911

The only picture that is teasing a new trailer is the one where he says that he's mixing. We always get a new trailer after every mixing picture. The other ones aren't necessarily part of a trailer. He is just testing the PS4 version of the game. He did that with GZ and that's a sign that the game is nearing completion.

Yeah I think so too. That "mix" screen is probably for a new and hopefully last story trailer. Let's hope Playstation holds an event in february if yes then i'd say chances are good we'll see the new trailer there.

Sn4ke_911

Maybe we'll get a release date and trailer at GDC, it starts March 2nd.

The most frustrating thing is not knowing when this game comes out. I mean when they give us a may release date then yeah it's a fucking long wait but at least we know for sure we can expect the game there. But for now the wait is terrible cause i still have my hopes up for a march release date because when i see that Kojima is STILL working on the game even on supposed vacation days I think he wants to get it out ASAP and that gives me hope for a still "Early 2015" release.

Slowdive

Banned
Just realized if he is mixing a new trailer I doubt he'd wait until GDC to show it... Could be just a video of the chicken hat like the cardboard box trailer. I hope not.

The most frustrating thing is not knowing when this game comes out. I mean when they give us a may release date then yeah it's a fucking long wait but at least we know for sure we can expect the game there. But for now the wait is terrible cause i still have my hopes up for a march release date because when i see that Kojima is STILL working on the game even on supposed vacation days I think he wants to get it out ASAP and that gives me hope for a still "Early 2015" release.

If they just gave us a release window it would be good but yeah hopefully it's out sooner than later.

JayEH

Some guy calling Kojima Productions lazy devs because Big Boss hasn't aged enough in nine years. Or something.

thisisneogaf.gif

Hahahaha. Of course it would be something stupid like that.

It's even more frustrating since they know what the release date is.

Sn4ke_911

from the other thread:

Has anyone else noticed that there are (possible TPP spoilers)
dog controls
in TppPlayerPadConfig.lua?

Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_ACCEL",fox.PAD_B )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_BREAK",fox.PAD_X )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_BARK_NORMAL",fox.PAD_R )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_BARK_MAD",fox.PAD_L )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_BARK_JOY",fox.PAD_U )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_SQUAT", fox.PAD_A )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_SCENT", fox.PAD_Y )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_CRAWL",fox.PAD_D )

Holy shit. Does that mean
DD
is playable?

JayEH

One of the downsides of Metal Gear on Pc is that people will scavenge through those game files and uncover possible spoilers. (yeah I know I could not look at stuff people post but I'm too thirsty for info) That game mechanic would be really cool though.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Accel B Break X? Those sound like some bad controls, might just be a debug mode.

yeah, it could just be a debug for the DD partner. I would also say "But Kojima said no partner would be playable!" but who knows with that guy.

Makes me wonder how everyone wants to go into TPP.

When it arrives, do you plan on coming to thread every so often for discussion? Or do you plan on blacking out all socials to go in completely blind and remaining that way until story completion?

Jingo

So, any new theories about the release date?

Like maybe big boss zodiac is capricorn but the game has sheeps(aries) in it so the game will be released between January and april?

JayEH

When it arrives, do you plan on coming to thread every so often for discussion? Or do you plan on blacking out all socials to go in completely blind and remaining that way until story completion?

Not going near the OT while I play the game. I'll beat it, then go into the spoiler thread to come up with more conspiracy theories and then OT to see what others think/see what I've missed.

Going in completely blind. Don't wanna spoil myself like I did with 4 (didn't think I'd be getting a PS3 anytime soon, so I checked out the ending, then got a PS3 with MGS4 and that Bourne game for my birthday a month later).

Batzi

Banned
Eh, I call bullshit on that.
They know the release date man. They won't announce it at a PS event because there isn't any event soon. They just had their PSX and it will be months before we hear another PS event. Like I said, KONAMI will organize a special Metal Gear event and things like a new trailer, release date and the unveiling of the box art + Limited Edition and Metal Gear merchandise (t-shirts, action figures etc) will be shown there all at once. It's their biggest game since their existence. Expect nothing less. Thinking that they would announce a release date at Kojima Station was just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom