• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Makes me wonder how everyone wants to go into TPP.

When it arrives, do you plan on coming to thread every so often for discussion? Or do you plan on blacking out all socials to go in completely blind and remaining that way until story completion?

I'll download it on my PC and then not do anything until I finish the story.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They know the release date man. They won't announce it at a PS event because there isn't any event soon. They just had their PSX and it will be months before we hear another PS event. Like I said, KONAMI will organize a special Metal Gear event and things like a new trailer, release date and the unveiling of the box art + Limited Edition and Metal Gear merchandise (t-shirts, action figures etc) will be shown there all at once. It's their biggest game since their existence. Expect nothing less. Thinking that they would announce a release date at Kojima Station was just stupid.

They don't know the date yet. They might have a release window but no specific date yet. Kojima is still doing VA sessions, yes they are almost done with it BUT then they will go back and see if some lines need re-worked. Again, Kojima is a perfectionist he won't reveal a date until he's absolutely 100% sure the game comes out on that date.

Batzi

Banned
They don't know the date yet. They might have a release window but no specific date yet. Kojima is still doing VA sessions, yes they are almost done with it BUT then they will go back and see if some lines need re-worked. Again, Kojima is a perfectionist he won't reveal a date until he's absolutely 100% sure the game comes out on that date.
MGS4 and PW both had their release dates changed. Not that much of a perfectionist if you'd ask me. :p

Sn4ke_911

MGS4 and PW both had their release dates changed. Not that much of a perfectionist if you'd ask me. :p

He said multiple times he don't want to make the same mistake again and has to delay the game. We'll get a release date when it's 100% sure the game is out on that day.

Akiller

When it arrives, do you plan on coming to thread every so often for discussion? Or do you plan on blacking out all socials to go in completely blind and remaining that way until story completion?

I think i'll be in this thread For #TeamA victory celebrations.

Sn4ke_911

It wasn't. That was my speculation.

Wait, I'm confused, it was your speculation? so you had no source that said "yes" when you asked if they will reveal the release date on christmas?

Batzi

Banned
Wait, I'm confused, it was your speculation? so you had no source that said "yes" when you asked if they will reveal the release date on christmas?
They told me they know the release date but their lips are sealed. I speculated Kojima Station based on that damn Moby Dick theory.

Murkrow

Banned
Bible = Easter

COINCIDENCE?

No way! I've totally overseen that. Easter guys, prepare.

vwMin.gif

Sn4ke_911

They told me they know the release date but their lips are sealed. I speculated Kojima Station based on that damn Moby Dick theory.

I TRUSTED YOU BATZI :(

Those people happen to be very close friends of mine. You think Konami employees keep their lips sealed? People talk.

FYI, I'm not saying this for the sake of creating hype. I'm only saying it because it was hinted to me by them. They wouldn't tell me exactly what day but when asked "is it related to the release dates theory (Merry Christmas on)" they said "yes".

Sn4ke_911

My speculation. But they know it for sure. They can't say shit.

Dude please, did you read what i quoted? according to your post they said "yes". Goddamit man I got all hyped because of this... i had hope for your stupid source because they said "yes" not because it was your speculation. :/

Please next time be a bit more careful, we all want a release date so fucking much but building hype over nothing is not the right way.

Like I said, KONAMI will organize a special Metal Gear event and things like a new trailer, release date and the unveiling of the box art + Limited Edition and Metal Gear merchandise (t-shirts, action figures etc) will be shown there all at once.

Me at just the mere thought of said event:

xwoa.gif

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member

Going in blind till I'm done, first 2 hours are reserved for MGO ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Åesop;145120699 said:
Going in blind till I'm done, first 2 hours are reserved for MGO ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I want MGO so bad since I missed out on the first two. Been watching YouTube vids of it, living vicariously though them.

I know it's probably heresy but I feel like I'm the only person not worried about the release date. Playing through Dragon Age Inq, plus going through the old MGS games since it was so long ago, has me pretty occupied.

Having finished MGS3 when it originally came out, I had forgotten who Major Zero was and thought he was a new character for TPP. Was out of the loop pretty bad!

-Deimos

I want MGO so bad since I missed out on the first two. Been watching YouTube vids of it, living vicariously though them.

I know it's probably heresy but I feel like I'm the only person not worried about the release date. Playing through Dragon Age Inq, plus going through the old MGS games since it was so long ago, has me pretty occupied.

Having finished MGS3 when it originally came out, I had forgotten who Major Zero was and thought he was a new character for TPP. Was out of the loop pretty bad!

I don't care about the release date either. There are more than enough games coming out in early 2015.

Holy shit. Does that mean
DD
is playable?

MEGATON, if true!!!! (I think you'll be able to control your Buddy in some form or another, so it's plausible!)

boothisman.gif

:p In all seriousness, yeah, MGO3 will be incredible! Though it is not the same, by any means, Peace Walker has VS OPs, which acts as the game's competitive multiplayer component -- should you ever need a fix. ;-)

We're getting a new trailer, I know it.

It's probably going to be about the Chicken Hat or there will be a Chicken Hat segment at the end.

zYYOOOOOO! Fuckin' Dog controls confirmed, can't wait to play as a Ridgeback and DD.

SON OF A BITCH that looks incredible.

Good Lord, yes! And to your point earlier about us getting a new trailer... Remember this from earlier in the year?

I’ve made promo trailers of Rising in last feb, MGSV for GDC in mar, TPP for E3 in jun. Since then I haven’t done editing of any trailers.

Hideo-Kojima-Editing-Keyboard.jpg

Editing machine, it’s been a year.

Editing video. I’m still in the phase of picking music & building structure. I pick up image & bulletlines I get from the music in my iPod.

Leads me to believe that we'll have a new trailer soon. Also, he referred to it as "MIXing" back then when he was indeed working on past trailers!

Good Lord, yes! And to your point earlier about us getting a new trailer... Remember this?

Leads me to believe that we'll have a new trailer soon. Also, he referred to it as "MIXing" back then when he was indeed working on past trailers!

H0aG47G.gif

TIME TO BOARD THE HYPE TRAIN.

wFMStTW.gif

I can't believe how good that shot of Big Boss on a horse(is it at dusk or something? Not quite daylight it seems), it's like something out of a Sergio Leone flick or RDR.

UGH, THE HYPE.

H0aG47G.gif

TIME TO BOARD THE HYPE TRAIN.

wFMStTW.gif

I can't believe how good that shot of Big Boss on a horse(is it at dusk or something? Not quite daylight it seems), it's like something out of a Sergio Leone flick or RDR.

UGH, THE HYPE.

THIS HYPE IS SO REAL. CAN'T HOLD ALL THESE FIDDLES!!!!!!!!!!!

icbQLG2.jpg

Has any name been put to the fiery dude yet?

Yes! While not confirmed, this character is widely assumed to be
Volgin
. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom