• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Oh so thats how it works. I understood that I HAVE to hit the parts I want. Thanks for clearing that up.

How do access the CO-OPS message menu? It said something about a new message there, but I dont know how to go there.

When choosing equipment, select Co-Op Comms

JayEH

I honestly really dislike Solid Eye and wear the Young Snake Gillian Seed camo in MGS4 so I don't see it in cutscenes.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Favorite MGS3 face paint?

For me Zombie.

mgs3_hd__ps_vita__zombie_by_toadmushroom95-d77cjnk.jpg

The real villain of TPP revealed:

519Hi7pgkjL.jpg

Metal Gear Solid V's plot twist: Congolese Child Soldier is white kid with face camo. Kojima regarded as God; cements his place in pop culture with "the greatest twist this side of Raiden."

The year is 2025:
NeoGAF threads spawn by the hour, "10 years ago, gaming changed forever." "LTTP: MGS5 aka kojimaaaaa.gif" "Will there ever be a bait-and-switch as well-crafted as MGSV?" And Sn4ke_911 posts in Off-Topic Play Arts Kai threads showing off his latest imports.

Sn4ke_911

Sn4ke was right.... SOLID SNAKE WILL RETURN AS THE FINAL BOSS :O

!

I thought he was championing the idea that Big Boss would be the final boss with Snake playable? Aka Metal Gear remake

Well i don't know, it seems pretty weird because they implemented the whole base building thing with Big Boss and to drop all this with Solid Snake? idk ... i tend more to that we'll play Big Boss through the whole game but Solid Snake will be the final boss voiced by David Hayter.

but on the other hand people want to play as Solid Snake sooo bad so maybe we'll play some sections with SS? goddammit i have no idea, it could go everywhere. Not enough clues have been revealed yet but one thing is for sure SOLID SNAKE WILL BE VOICED BY DAVID HAYTER.

JayEH

!

Well i don't know, it seems pretty weird because they implemented the whole base building thing with Big Boss and to drop all this with Solid Snake? idk ... i tend more to that we'll play Big Boss through the whole game but Solid Snake will be the final boss voiced by David Hayter.

My ideal situation is that at the end of the game you customize Outer Heaven and then you play as Snake infiltrating and destroying the traps you set up. You feel terrible at the end since you kill Big Boss and destroyed everything you worked up to.

Sn4ke_911

My ideal situation is that at the end of the game you customize Outer Heaven and then you play as Snake infiltrating and destroying the traps you set up. You feel terrible at the end since you kill Big Boss and destroyed everything you worked up to.

Hm yeah, or maybe we play Big Boss and get killed by Solid Snake. You know vice versa to the MGS3 ending. That would be pretty cool and also rare as hell in videogames. Playing the villain and getting killed by the hero in the end.

The thing is this, knowing Kojima he would go the extra mile meaning Solid Snake would have a completely new set of animations, they wouldn't copy Big Boss's moves and animations. Kojima said he's afraid the game is too big to finish. I mean it could happen but ah i don't know... even for Kojima this seems freakin crazy.

JayEH

Interesting conversation about the ending scene in GZ over at the Giant Bomb GOTY thread. People are saying the ending is gross (which is a fair assessment) but are blaminng Kojima for making Chico and Paz "props" and that they have no character. Some are saying he shouldn't make people look for audio tapes to learn about Chico and Paz and it's a failure on his part.

The thing is that people keep forgetting that Ground Zeroes is the prologue to MGSV which is a direct sequel to Peace Walker. It's not Kojima's fault people didn't play Peace Walker. He even put the game in the HD collection so more people would play it.

Interesting conversation about the ending scene in GZ over at the Giant Bomb GOTY thread. People are saying the ending is gross (which is a fair assessment) but are blaminng Kojima for making Chico and Paz "props" and that they have no character. Some are saying he shouldn't make people look for audio tapes to learn about Chico and Paz and it's a failure on his part.

The thing is that people keep forgetting that Ground Zeroes is the prologue to MGSV which is a direct sequel to Peace Walker. It's not Kojima's fault people didn't play Peace Walker. He even put the game in the HD collection so more people would play it.

Dude, yeah, it's such bullshit. Not to mention that he included a load of audio tapes and a backstory within Ground Zeroes. Chico and Paz were very well-developed.

probably the same people who think the games have too many cutscenes. can't have it both ways.

EDIT: plus, did they criticize bioshock and BI for developing nearly every single character through audio logs you have to find in the game world? terrible argument

Dude, yeah, it's such bullshit. Not to mention that he included a load of audio tapes and a backstory within Ground Zeroes. Chico and Paz were very well-developed.

And it pisses me off. Jesus Christ. It's fine that they find it gross, I feel TPP will be a disgusting game, but to write it off as shoddy writing(Which I believe Patrick said as well in the bombcast) is just...no. This thing has years of writing in it.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
believe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ak0qkyK.png

yes it's fake

Vally

What a load of bullshit. Would they prefer that the audio tapes were mandatory codec conversations instead? Then they would complain anyway about the cutscenes dragging on for too long or whatever.

And the basic story in Ground Zeroes is easy to grasp imo, even if you haven't played PW. The opening cutscene sums up pretty well the situation and why Big Boss has to rescue Paz and Chico. If anyone wants more details that's what the tapes are for (or the backstory section)

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

such dumb stuff, Peace Walker is a 50+ hour game that develops Paz and Chico perfectly. It's like jumping into Star Wars Episode 6 and then whinning about how the movie didn't develop any characters. Hell, Kojima even included Paz's Diary in case you didn't want to go though the Custom AI weapons in PW as a courtesy.

JayEH

Åesop;145876318 said:
believe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ak0qkyK.png

yes it's fake

Is that MGO 2 in the background?
What a load of bullshit. Would they prefer that the audio tapes were mandatory codec conversations instead? Then they would complain anyway about the cutscenes dragging on for too long or whatever.

And the basic story in Ground Zeroes is easy to grasp imo, even if you haven't played PW. The opening cutscene sums up pretty well the situation and why Big Boss has to rescue Paz and Chico. If anyone wants more details that's what the tapes are for (or the backstory section)

Agreed. I hadn't beat PW when I played GZ and was able to take the important aspects from PW from everything in GZ. A playthrough of PW definitely enhances the experience though.

such dumb stuff, Peace Walker is a 50+ hour game that develops Paz and Chico perfectly. It's like jumping into Star Wars Episode 6 and then whinning about how the movie didn't develop any characters. Hell, Kojima even included Paz's Diary in case you didn't want to go though the Custom AI weapons in PW as a courtesy.

Hayters gonna hayte.

I know I'm late, but GZ is so good. Messing around in the various missions is very addictive.

It also doesn't hurt that it's nice to look at.

You can set the game to automatically be over in MGS2 on European Extreme when you're spotted. In MGS3, European Extreme is automatically configured for that. I think it'll be a fun but heavy challenge for you, especially MGS2. You will learn the mechanics. MGS3 on European Extreme is not as unforgiving but still has some hard parts.

You can survive one hit from the machine gun. Just one and you must be at full health beforehand. I would worry more about Olga, Fatman, or the Tengus. Not to mention the RAYs (which aren't that hard but demand your endurance)

Thanks guys. I'll probably start on hard and if it's not providing enough umph I'll kick it up (it's not like I don't replay these games a shitload anyway)

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
BTW if anyone wants me to help with PW on PS3, just send me a PM.

We should play some 4-player robot and monster hunting, since there's a trophy that requires you to grind co-op :/

SMH.

Chico and Paz are very well-developed characters from PW. In fact, the actions they did in GZ, in many ways, is a culmination/peak of their respective character arcs from PW.

It's saddening in many ways that Peace Walker is often ignored and disregarded in conversations of the overarching MGS story just because it was a PSP game/lacked a number. For all intents and purpose, Peace Walker is a mainline title that should've been MGSV, and TPP MGSVI.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
SMH.

Chico and Paz are very well-developed characters from PW. In fact, the actions they did in GZ, in many ways, is a culmination/peak of their respective character arcs from PW.

It's saddening in many ways that Peace Walker is often ignored and disregarded in conversations of the overarching MGS story just because it was a PSP game/lacked a number. For all intents and purpose, Peace Walker is a mainline title that should've been MGSV, and TPP MGSVI.

It's really ridiculous since Ground Zeroes is, for all intents and purposes, an epilogue to Peace Walker more than a prologue to MGSV. It brings closure to all the main characters in the game except Kaz and BB, and gives a bit more insight into how
Cipher
worked in 1974.

It's really ridiculous since Ground Zeroes is, for all intents and purposes, an epilogue to Peace Walker more than a prologue to MGSV. It brings closure to all the main characters in the game except Kaz and BB, and gives a bit more insight into how
Cipher
worked in 1974.

Yeah, everything in GZ makes a much more compelling case when viewed from that lense.

For Paz, she went from being a Cipher agent to ultimately, sacrificing herself to prevent the bomb from killing Big Boss. Her emotional 'breakdown' throughout the events of PW of sorts. She went from being a double-agent trust-worthy enough to infiltrate MB, and through the events of PW + your MB efforts that she did what she did in GZ. Her life was a lie, but at the end of life, she chose BB over Zero.

Chico's was a lot less admirable. As someone who's place in the war and conflict was misplaced to begin with, be it his sister/family's revolution till GZ, as a child, he tried to become more than what he was, and the price he paid twice for that was that he betrayed them. He started as a child, was given a chance, but ultimately, didn't grow up as he let his emotions get the better of him.

Same with the downfall of MB. My army of S-rank combatants that all have better stats than Big Boss himself. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom