• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
No. I'm going to stop you there. That was nothing. It was just a shirt.

Since the Christmas rumor got destroyed i really hope itsfuckingnothing.gif

JUNE? PLS NO. I CAN'T WAIT THAT LOOONG.

Sn4ke_911

i presume silent hills will have some type of presence at e3, so it's a fair assumption that that's what he meant.

having said all that, i'm still not super confident in a pre-e3 release. i'm just hoping for a summer release at this point

I have a feeling they want to get MGSV out before E3 because they already announced Silent Hills with P.T. so MGSV gotta be pretty damn close to finish.

I don't think Kojima wants Silent Hills thunder stolen away by MGSV at E3.

My guess is GDC in march is the last event for MGSV before the game is released. Or maybe they do a special event to celebrate the release of Konami's biggest game yet.

Chinner

Banned
Wow, what happened to Hayter after the first game?

I guess my fondest memory was the Ocelot fight in MGS 4.

From my understanding it's basically this:

1. David Hayter has stated that the MGS1 voice was painful to perform, so he developed a new method in which he produces the 'Snake' Voice.

2. The game's translator, Jeremy Blaustein, was supposedly very hands on with the actors and played somewhat of a voice director role during the recording sessions.

I have a feeling they want to get MGSV out before E3 because they already announced Silent Hills with P.T. so MGSV gotta be pretty damn close to finish.

I don't think Kojima wants Silent Hills thunder stolen away by MGSV at E3.

My guess is GDC in march is the last event for MGSV before the game is released. Or maybe they do a special event to celebrate the release of Konami's biggest game yet.

i hope you're right. i know it's been in development for a long time, but the amount of game we've seen relative to the size and scope (and features they've described that we really haven't seen much of like base-building) just worries me. i hope it's because they don't want to give away a lot, but that's why i'm so anxious for a release date.

Sn4ke_911

i hope you're right. i know it's been in development for a long time, but the amount of game we've seen relative to the size and scope (and features they've described that we really haven't seen much of like base-building) just worries me. i hope it's because they don't want to give away a lot, but that's why i'm so anxious for a release date.

Oh i totally agree, that worries me too. Let's hope for the best.

Pinewood

I'm actually okay with a late june release, as I will go to Budapest for exchange studies until July and wont have much to game on there.

Why is Peace Walker so addictive? Im supposed to study for my Japanese test on Tuesday, but here I am playing Peace Walker.

Jimmydg

When I see this photo:
B57RdfDCYAALibj.jpg:large

I remember the words: "the game it's near completion"...I wonder if we're gonna see something in the CEO 2015...

I'm actually worried about something that most people are probably glad to be rid of. Less cutscenes. Also, apparently Big Boss won't talk much. I don't know, one of the things that excite me about MGS is wanting to see what is the next mindfuck going to be.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I actually think we're getting close to a release date. Kojima being in E3 means nothing, he's one of gaming's icons so he'll be there no matter what.

Why is Peace Walker so addictive? Im supposed to study for my Japanese test on Tuesday, but here I am playing Peace Walker.
It's like a F2P game but you don't need to pay for anything. Freakin genius I tell ya.

if the save transfer to vita was easier, i would play peace walker a lot more often and be a lot closer to that platinum
Eh it's pretty easy, took me like 1 minute after the Transfarring Out was done.

Skullface

I'm actually worried about something that most people are probably glad to be rid of. Less cutscenes. Also, apparently Big Boss won't talk much. I don't know, one of the things that excite me about MGS is wanting to see what is the next mindfuck going to be.

I get the feeling that "less cutscenes" is probably a misnomer. I bet we'll get shorter cutscenes peppered across the game, but a comparable amount to previous games cumulatively.

I'm hoping by "less talking", they mean "less superfluous lines".

I actually think we're getting close to a release date. Kojima being in E3 means nothing, he's one of gaming's icons so he'll be there no matter what.

It's like a F2P game but you don't need to pay for anything. Freakin genius I tell ya.

Eh it's pretty easy, took me like 1 minute after the Transfarring Out was done.

yeah, but you have to bust out a usb drive on the ps3 and transfer and all that. it's a process, and a pain to go back and forth with

I get the feeling that "less cutscenes" is probably a misnomer. I bet we'll get shorter cutscenes peppered across the game, but a comparable amount to previous games cumulatively.

I'm hoping by "less talking", they mean "less superfluous lines".

this is what i'm hoping for. i don't care if there's 8 hours of cut scenes, but none of them save for an ending should be longer than 15 minutes or so. 45 minute cutscenes are/were brutal. no thank you

Agreed.

I think it's just that there is an incredible amount of concealment happening here. It would be like Nintendo secretly making a new Zelda game and then during the reveal trailer - they announce that it's releasing next week. The fact that Nintendo could keep something like that a secret throughout the entire development cycle would be astounding.

I think Kojima is doing that very same thing here. MGSV is a globe-trotting adventure and yet we have only seen small sections of 2 locations?!? There has to be LOTS more to be shown yet - I'm sure of it.

I think we are all going to be blown away when we see the final game's size, scope and content. We will all be in awe at how much was kept from us and that nothing leaked out [well, hopefully nothing will].

I don't want this game spoiled for me. I ruined MGS4 for myself and I won't let that happen again.

Skullface

I don't want this game spoiled for me. I ruined MGS4 for myself and I won't let that happen again.

I'm sure that I've mentioned this before, but I got extremely lucky when it came to avoiding spoilers for MGS3 and 4. I didn't play 3 until '07, and I truly had no idea what the hell was going on until
Big Boss lost his eye
. Then it clicked. Same thing for MGS4, except that I kind of got it right away. I knew it was a direct sequel to MGS2.

I'm sure that I've mentioned this before, but I got extremely lucky when it came to avoiding spoilers for MGS3 and 4. I didn't play 3 until '07, and I truly had no idea what the hell was going on until
Big Boss lost his eye
. Then it clicked. Same thing for MGS4, except that I kind of got it right away. I knew it was a direct sequel to MGS2.

Lucky guy!

I have followed the series since the Japanese MSX original - and to say I was devastated by the spoilage of MGS4 would be an understatement.

I was lurking through forums and the now infamous picture surfaced along with eyewitness accounts of the entire ending. I couldn't unsee the picture. I couldn't unread the text.

I was severely depressed and angry at my lack of self control.

I even pretended to still be surprised when it all went down post-credits and it made me feel even worse.

MGSV will be 100% uncharted territory for me if I can help it.

If I can help it.....

JayEH

I just hope someone with an early copy doesn't become that guy and write a thread title that says RYAN GOSLING IS SNAKE, METAL GEAR REMAKE LAST HALF OF GAME.

Skullface

Lucky guy!

I have followed the series since the Japanese MSX original - and to say I was devastated by the spoilage of MGS4 would be an understatement.

I was lurking through forums and the now infamous picture surfaced along with eyewitness accounts of the entire ending. I couldn't unsee the picture. I couldn't unread the text.

I was severely depressed and angry at my lack of self control.

I even pretended to still be surprised when it all went down post-credits and it made me feel even worse.

MGSV will be 100% uncharted territory for me if I can help it.

If I can help it.....

Oh shit, that's right. The post credits. I'm so sorry bro. Maybe if I share my memory of it with you it will help ease the pain?

So I just beat the game and I'm waiting for the inevitable post credit sequel teaser. Then it happens... "Big Boss -Richard Doyle"

"Wait, wut? Did I miss somet- what's this now? Holy shit!"

Personally, I think the fact that revealing Ocelot to be in the game was too much. That would have been an earth shattering revelation in and of itself that won't surprise me now.

Sn4ke_911

Troy Baker the voice actor of Ocelot said "We have seen nothing yet".

Sn4ke_911

I really hope it stays that way, i mean give us one last story trailer with the release date and we're set but i'm worried since Kojima has a history of revealing too much of his games.

I really hope he learned his lesson and this is not the case with MGSV: TPP but from what we've seen so far it really seems like he wants to keep as much as possible a secret this time.

Also i was one of the victims who got the MGS4 ending spoiled with this fucking playtest pic.

It still hurts.... something like this won't happen with MGSV, that's for damn sure.

http://www.gameguru.in/images/metal-gear-solid-4-spoiler-1.jpg

Skullface

I really hope it stays that way, i mean give us one last story trailer with the release date and we're set but i'm worried since Kojima has a history of revealing too much of his games.

I really hope he learned his lesson and this is not the case with MGSV: TPP but from what we've seen so far it really seems like he wants to keep as much as possible a secret this time.

Also i was one of the victims who got the MGS4 ending spoiled with this fucking playtest pic.

It still hurts.... something like this won't happen with MGSV, that's for damn sure.

That fucking sucks. I never knew this image existed.

so glad i avoided this AND shadow moses. not so sure i'll have the will-power this time around

Sn4ke_911

Please don't reveal a single boss fight in the game.

PLEASE KOJIMA DON'T DO IT!

In every other MGS game he revealed the bosses via trailers, i hope he doesn't with MGSV. Just release the goddamn game when it's done.

Also i hope the reviewers have some rules to follow, meaning they can't talk about some stuff in the game, similiar to The Last of Us. Don't let those motherfuckers spoil anything Konami!

JayEH

In every other MGS game he revealed the bosses via trailers, i hope he doesn't with MGSV. Just release the goddamn game when it's done.

Also i hope the reviewers have some rules to follow, meaning they can't talk about some stuff in the game, similiar to The Last of Us. Don't let those motherfuckers spoil anything!

You know reviewers would if they could lol. I'm hoping Kojima learned his lesson with trailers too. I can't believe he let as much of Mgs4 out as he did.

Sn4ke_911

You know reviewers would if they could lol. I'm hoping Kojima learned his lesson with trailers too. I can't believe he let as much of Mgs4 out as he did.

He spoiled the most with his MGS3 trailers. I mean if you've seen the E3 2004 15 minutes(!) trailer, the Gamescom and 8 minute TGS trailer you pretty much knew every single location and boss fight in the game. Hell they even spoiled the fucking endfight. Yes, the trailers were epic as hell but man it spoiled way too much.

We have now seen more trailers and gameplay videos from MGSV than in any other MGS game and we still don't know shit about the story. I really hope Kojima keeps it that way. Again, just give us one last story trailer to just tease some things and we're ultimately set.

He spoiled the most with his MGS3 trailers. I mean if you've seen the E3 2004 15 minutes(!) trailer, the Gamescom and 8 minute TGS trailer you pretty much knew every single location and boss fight in the game. Hell they even spoiled the fucking endfight. Yes, the trailers were epic as hell but man it spoiled way too much.

You know, as true as this is, I never really felt spoiled - same with MGS4 apart from that dickwad who uploaded the ending to YouTube. MGSV is said to have many optional bosses, so I'm not worried about feeling like I've seen too much!

Sn4ke_911

You know, as true as this is, I never really felt spoiled - same with MGS4 apart from that dickwad who uploaded the ending to YouTube. MGSV is said to have many optional bosses, so I'm not worried about feeling like I've seen too much!

Really? well i watched the MGS3 E3 and TGS trailer every single day after work. And then when the game came out, there was not really much that surprised me lol. :/

Also i hope the reviewers have some rules to follow, meaning they can't talk about some stuff in the game, similiar to The Last of Us. Don't let those motherfuckers spoil anything Konami!

If this happens I'll sadly have to avoid this thread.

Yen

Oof, what was the story behind this?
A few days before the game released I saw a pic of that character on the IGN boards, but I didn't have a PS3 so I wasn't overly fussed.

Really? well i watched the MGS3 E3 and TGS trailer every single day after work. And then when the game came out, there was not really much that surprised me lol. :/

Haha! Yeah, I know what you mean. I think it was because I mostly watched the E3 2003 trailer -- no story, just gameplay; I watched the E3 2004 trailer every now and then, but that damn reveal trailer made me nuclear! ;-)

Sn4ke_911

Oof, what was the story behind this?
A few days before the game released I saw a pic of that character on the IGN boards, but I didn't have a PS3 so I wasn't overly fussed.

I believe there was playtest somewhere in europe a few weeks before the official release and somehow some douche sneaked a picture out of it.

It is probably the biggest spoiler in the game so yeah a big FUCK YOU to this guy and to the security who didn't took their phones and shit for the play test.

Haha! Yeah, I know what you mean. I think it was because I mostly watched the E3 2003 trailer -- no story, just gameplay; I watched the E3 2004 trailer every now and then, but that damn reveal trailer made me nuclear! ;-)

Ah man yeah the E3 2003 doesn't reveal much and the gameplay is very early. That was definitely the better decision to watch this than the almost done stuff. Haha yeah, they revealed waaay too much but i'm weak as hell when it comes to MGS trailers so all i can do is BEG KOJIMA NOT TO REVEAL TOO MUCH OF TPP!

Thanks! ;D

This wouldn't probably be that easy. Let's hop this doesn't happen. Didn't the same thing MGR? Weird advertising right there..

Yeah the MGR release date trailer Kojima cut together spoiled also way too much.

Skullface

Looking at all these E3 trailers for MGS3 and 4, I'm amazed at how consistent PP's designs have been. Big Boss's character model hasn't been changing, barring the hospital scene for obvious reasons.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
i don't think the trailers will spoil anything really important, Kojima has been really outspoken about that trend.

I will avoid the GAF OT, reddit, and any gaming site until I finish the main story, tho.

Ah man yeah the E3 2003 doesn't reveal much and the gameplay is very early. That was definitely the better decision to watch this than the almost done stuff. Haha yeah, they revealed waaay too much but i'm weak as hell when it comes to MGS trailers so all i can do is BEG KOJIMA NOT TO REVEAL TOO MUCH OF TPP!

Hahaha! Hell yeah! I know exactly what you mean. I watched that 27-minute MGS:TTS trailer every day before its release, and I still play The Twin Snakes to this day. I never feel burnt out, no matter how many times I watch the stuff -- in most cases, it's all out of context, pre-release, so I generally don't feel all that spoiled when the games release!

I don't think Kojima can help himself with this (hopefully) last trailer.

I'm scared of this trailer lol.

Oh, my God. I am so scared, too. I've been debating whether or not I should watch the last trailer. It all depends. If a release date is revealed, I'm sure we'll get an article "MGS5 release date revealed: May 5, 2015 (HERE'S HOPING! XD)" and I may just try to let that be enough... Agh. Then again, there's no way I will be able to resist! :p I'll probably watch the final trailer every day! XD Honestly, the MGS4: Courage is Solid trailer is one of my favorite of all time and that one released just weeks before the game. It was so cheesy and I loved every second of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom