• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gZJPbD2.jpg

The same Rising troll is in the Rising 2 thread hating again lol.

:lol :lol :lol Yo, what is with that dude? I remember being as skeptical as anyone about MGR:R... And then, I played it and it fucking revolutionized the world I live in today!
:lol
Didn't that dude derail a thread about how Rising didn't have a blocking system or something?

I just woke up. You are fucking with me, MGR2???

BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
:lol :lol :lol Yo, what is with that dude? I remember being as skeptical as anyone about MGR:R... And then, I played it and it fucking revolutionized the world I live in today!
:lol
Didn't that dude derail a thread about how Rising didn't have a blocking system or something?

BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup that's that guy. I swear if that shit continues in the Rising 2 threads...

Vally

It's too blatantly similar to be a coincidence. If it's not in the works then it's just Kojima playing us like a damn fiddle, but it's not a coincidence.

Yep, only the 2 is shown in the countown, plus the lens flare... there's no way this is a coincidence, it has to be Rising 2

Sn4ke_911

What. Nothing new on TPP? NOTHING?!

Nothing. Well the game get's a china localisation or something like that.

The thing is the official Metal Gear Asia facebook account said "New TPP info" and "Don't miss it"

Fucking bullshit really. :/

JayEH

I didn't even think the Chinese announcement was that big a deal. It's like flying to the US to show off a game and then announce localization. I already assumed it was localized since he was going but I guess they must usually just get English versions there.

Sn4ke_911

It makes me think what the hell was he even doing at this event? all they did was repeat stuff we already know and gave away some prizes. That's it.

JayEH

We can stop the Rising troll by going back in time and killing his grandfather since he has a Jotaro avatar.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure reference.
yD7M3d.gif

Nice avatar, JayEH!!!!

Thanks bruh.

It makes me think what the hell was he even doing at this event? all they did was repeat stuff we already know and gave away some prizes. That's it.

You saw the girls that he took pics with? That's why.

No you can't. You have to add the advancement of the few years that passed since that ;)

Good point!! :-D Fox Engine looks way better now (and it blows my mind that it has always looked as good as it has)! I mean, look at Silent Hills! O_O

I didn't even think the Chinese announcement was that big a deal. It's like flying to the US to show off a game and then announce localization. I already assumed it was localized since he was going but I guess they must usually just get English versions there.

Yeah, totally. Makes no sense. Unless MGSV is really closing in on completion, I don't know why Kojima-san would make the trip out to Taipei. Sure, it's not across the world. But it's still time. And time is money, you get the drill. So, I guess they are almost through with the debugging, if he's making trips that he wasn't really able to make last year.

We can stop the Rising troll by going back in time and killing his grandfather since he has a Jotaro avatar.

yD7M3d.gif

:lol :lol I was always going to bring that up to you, but never remembered to! Like, Jay, that's YOUR boy!!!! XD

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Console market has recently opened up in China. As I understand it, they were restricted to free-trade zones which isn't the case any more. They're now a much more viable market. I could be wrong but I think the localization would be a big deal (EDIT: from an official stand point) over there.

dc89

No you can't. You have to add the advancement of the few years that passed since that ;)

Is the thing over? Because it's weird to me if Kojima flew there to be present for 6 frames showing a 2.

Nothing. Well the game get's a china localisation or something like that.

The thing is the official Metal Gear Asia facebook account said "New TPP info" and "Don't miss it"

Fucking bullshit really. :/

I'm trying to be angry with Kojima.
But how can I be?

B8qHt1eCEAAuOtQ.jpg

I think it's been shopped on to his head but still

JayEH

Console market has recently opened up in China. As I understand it, they were restricted to free-trade zones which isn't the case any more. They're now a much more viable market. I could be wrong but I think the localization would be a big deal (EDIT: from an official stand point) over there.

Yeah but China just opened up and PS4 hasn't even launched yet. It will take a bit for it to grow. And Taiwan has always allowed consoles AFAIK.

Edit: I guess there's still Xbox and PS3 in China.

JayEH

I just remembered that Platinum was offered to use the Fox Engine for Rising and they decided not to use it last time. Wonder if they will use it now. They would have to rebuild their fighting engine if they switch over.

Also if TPP's release date isn't revealed by Pax East I expect a fall release.

I see, thanks.
What's the most likely candidate of those for showing a release date?

Don't mention it! Most hopeful: PS Event, most likely: GDC -- NOTHING later than Pax East, though. "Soon" falls in line with "next month-ish." :-D

I just remembered that Platinum was offered to use the Fox Engine for Rising and they decided not to use it last time. Wonder if they will use it now. They would have to rebuild their fighting engine if they switch over.

Also if TPP's release date isn't revealed by Pax East I expect a fall release.

I do think they'll use the Fox Engine. They probably opted not to last time due to the limited amount of time they had, and probably felt that they would be unable to familiarize themselves with the Fox Engine in that small window. That's my guess anyway!

And yeah, agreed. But I think if - for whatever reason - it is fall (which I don't think it will be), then it'd be early. Kojima hasn't spent five years making MGSV for it to be crushed by an annual release in November. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom